Couples planning a Jackson Hole honeymoon are in luck! We’ve gathered everything you need to know about this popular Wyoming destination, so you and your S.O. can have a totally one-of-a-kind trip. Whether you want to try out paragliding, hone your skills at fly fishing or work on your golf stroke, you’ll find something to meet your wishes during your Jackson Hole honeymoon.
Located nearby both the Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park, Jackson Hole has an abundance of opportunities for couples to explore the outdoors. In the summer, the city of Jackson Hole is a base for more outdoor activities than you can imagine. Visitors will be amazed at the abundant wildlife in the area, too. In the winter, Jackson Hole honeymooners can take full advantage of the area’s snowy mountains and spend their vacation skiing, snowboarding and more.
Couples who want to spend their time outdoors will love a Jackson Hole honeymoon.
When to Go
Jackson Hole offers exciting opportunities to explore the outdoors regardless of what time of year you visit. However, many of the area’s attractions are seasonal. Visitors should check to see whether the activities they want to enjoy are available when they plan their Jackson Hole honeymoon.
Top Sights and Activities
- Grand Teton National Park: More than 200 miles of trails to explore the mountains and rivers that make up the park.
- Yellowstone National Park: The first National Park in the U.S., features wildlife, natural wonders, camping and much more.
- Climb the Teton Mountains: Summit a mountain or try out climbing for the first time with the areas outfitters.
- Play Golf: Try out one of Jackson Holes golf courses including the world-class Teton Pines Resort & Country Club.
- Ski/Snowboarding: Several nearby winter sports resorts offer skiing and snowboarding for new and seasoned skiers and boarders.
- Fly Fishing: The Snake, South Fork and Salt Rivers are famous destinations for fly fishing.
- Wildlife Viewing: View grizzly bear, elk, moose, wolves and more in the areas national parks.
- Hiking: Partial day or multi-day hiking opportunities for hikers of all abilities and experience levels.
- Paragliding: Tandem paragliding with experienced pilots offer exciting and unique views of Jackson Hole.
- Mountain Biking: Many trails and bike shops dot the landscape in Jackson Hole. During summer, take your bike on the ski lift.
- Camping: Rent gear or bring your own and camp at one of the many campsites in the area.
- Western Cultural Activities: Rodeos, trail rides, chuck wagons and more offer a taste of the Old West.
- Explore the Water: Jackson Hole offers a plethora activities on the water from rafting to paddle boarding to canoeing and more.
- Aerial Tram Ride: The tram travels from Jackson Hole Mountain Resort to the summit of Rendezvous Mountain.