7715 Mill Rd, Elkins Park, PA 19027 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 6

About Zydeco-a-Go-Go

Let's party like they do down in New Orleans! "Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulers!" or "Let The Good Times Roll!" with Zydeco-a-Go-Go, the Mid-Atlantic's #1 Zydeco Band. Creole Zydeco and Cajun 2-steps combine with funky New Orleans rhythm & blues and vintage Louisiana Rock & Roll into a spicy gumbo of irresistible dance music---and whether they're playing a smalltown fair or a big regional festival, a performing arts center or a college dance concert, a church carnival or a swanky fundraiser gala, a backyard BBQ or one of those non-stop everybody's-up-and-dancin' wedding receptions, you know it's gonna be a wild & swingin' pitch-a-wang-dang-doodle-all-night-long ZYDECO DANCE PARTY!

Follow Zydeco-a-Go-Go on

img020

• Videos 2

8 Reviews for Zydeco-a-Go-Go

Maggie · Married on 07/27/2012

Pete and his band were great! Very helpful and accomadating, willing to work with us and make sure we got exactly what we wanted for our wedding. Really fun band to add some New Orleans fun to your event.

Sent on 07/30/2012
  • Meredith

Meredith · Married on 07/06/2012

We are so happy we chose Zydeco-a-Go-Go to be our wedding band. They were fun, played all of our requests, and had everyone dancing the whole night! They extended their set when we asked, and three of the guys also played our ceremony. They are so talented and we had the best time with them. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/15/2012

David · Married on 09/19/2009

I've been a fan of Zydeco-a-go-go for years. When my friend asked me to be his best man for his wedding and reception at the Ritz Carlton in Philadelphia I told him I had just the band for him. He was reluctant at first, but has thanked me ever since for convincing him to just trust me. Needless to say when I got married they were my first choice and had to twist my wife's arm a little because zydeco music is just not everyone's first choice when they think of wedding music. But as far as I'm concerned Zydeco-a-go-go is the ONLY choice for wedding music. Pete was phenominal with the music selection, they learned some songs we requested, they played/sang "over the rainbow" while my wife walked down the isle which still chokes me up a bit (and I'm actually far from a wimpy guy), they couldn't have been more appropriate background music during dinner and when it was time to bring the house down they ROCKED! If you are considering having zydeco music at a wedding keep in mind it's perfect for a group of people of all ages, colors, religions, etc... There is nothing specific which one group responds to more than other which you might have with other genres. EVERYONE responds to it and I guarentee it is IMPOSSIBLE to sit still while its playing. It's just something everyone will enjoy. Not to metion the fact Pete Gumbo and Zydeco-a-go-go are the best at what they do. I live in New Orleans now, orginally from Philadelphia, and I still tell people the zydeco music here is fine, but I still have to go to Philadelphia for the best zydeco music!

Keep in mind too that zydeco, like most music, is best appreciated live. It is incredibly interactive. Do NOT make your judgement based entirely on a CD or something you've heard on the radio. I very rarely listen to zydeco in the car or at home, but never miss an opportunity to see these guys live.

We had a wedding in Maine which the band traveled to from Philadelphia which made them a little more expensive than our local choices, but they still werent the most expensive. They were by far the best value of any of the choices we considered!

If you are reading this then I congratulate you because you are well on your way to making the best/easiest decision of your wedding process. You won't go wrong with these guys! Best of luck and feel free to contact me directly if you have any other questions at deberly@deberlyllc.com. I will be happy to help with your decision any way I can.

Good luck and Laissez les bon temps rouler!
    (Let the good times roll!)

David Eberly

PS Thanks again to Pete for such a great/memorable experience!!!! I hope this isnt laying it on too thick, but you were just such an integral part of the whole experience! This review is a very small token of my appreciation of you guys.

Sent on 01/22/2010

Award

Zydeco-a-Go-Go FAQ

• What is the average price for a wedding reception during peak season?
  • What is the average price for a wedding reception during off-peak season?
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Music, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sound/PA System
  • Are you an agency or a band? Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 4 - 6
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play? Big Band, Blues, Caribbean, Classic Rock, Folk, Funk, International, Jazz, Latin, Motown, Oldies, R&B / Soul, Reggae, Rock, Swing
  • What music services do you provide? Liability Insurance