5119 W North Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53208 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 3

About Wood Violet

Wood Violet is an eco-friendly and socially responsible floral design studio located at the edge of the historic Washington Heights neighborhood of Milwaukee. We specialize in green weddings and seasonal floral design workshops. We frequently design in styles that have been described as loose and natural, elegant garden, Victorian, lush and bountiful, rustic wildflower, and nontraditional. We are not a fans of rules or convention and our aesthetic reflects that.

Eco-friendly weddings and other special events using locally grown flowers are our specialty.

Full service: Bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, altar pieces, centerpieces, etc. Available for pick up or delivery.

Do it yourself: Bulk florals for you to arrange yourself. This option is frequently combined with some full-service items.

Rent and reuse: Vases, canning jars, and other items are available for rent. You can also provide vases and decor that you may already have. This option is not only budget friendly but also eco-friendly.

• Avenue Bloom

Wood Violet 4
Wood Violet 5
  • Alice

Alice Richards · Married on 11/09/2019

I love working with Emily!

Working with Wood Violet was such great decision! Emily is responsive, professional, personable and creative!

Sent on 05/31/2019

Hilary Teachout · Married on 04/10/2019

Amazing, eco-friendly greatness!

Working with Emily to plan the florals for my wedding day was SUCH an enjoyable experience! Emily is knowledgeable, experienced, and so professional! I came into my first meeting with Emily with a very specific vision in mind, but worried that since I lacked much floral knowledge, that she would have difficulty understanding what I was looking for. But throughout our meetings it become very clear to me that she saw my vision even more clearly than I did! On our wedding day, the florals were everything I could've dreamed of and more. We got so many compliments from all of our guests. I would recommend her to any bride in a heartbeat!

Wood Violet 6
    Sent on 10/14/2019

Colette · Married on 09/07/2018

Working in the wedding industry for the last ten years and owning my own event company meant I knew exactly what I wanted in a florist. Emily is a local powerhouse, boss babe who created a business quite literally from the ground up. Wood Violet is eco-friendly and their preferred medium is locally grown flowers and foliage with a loose, natural, garden-y, a little messy, lush and bountiful style. Um, we were was SOLD. Their website boasts they are not fans of rules or convention and that's exactly the aesthetic we were looking for.

Our planning meetings with Emily were a blast. She understood our dark, slightly gothic/rock & roll, boho style from the jump and ran with it. She sourced beautiful black velvet for our bouquets. She found unique vessels for the mixed foliage and plants around the venue. She custom built an incredible copper pipe piece that floated above our head table, dripped in insanely beautiful greenery. WHATTTTTT.

The bouquets were out of this world. Emily and her team went above and beyond for us. Way beyond. We had a flip from the ceremony to the reception and the Wood Violet team literally made it all happen. They came back at the end of the night to collect rentals so we didn't have to worry about any of it. Seriously, guys, I provided probably the most laid-back, "meh whatever you want to do" direction to Emily and I got magic. MAGIC, I TELL YOU.

One of the best decisions we made for our wedding was hiring Emily. Forever grateful for the beauty we were surrounded by on the most incredible day of our lives. Wood Violet is what's up, y'all!

Wood Violet 7
    Wood Violet 8
    Sent on 09/30/2018

Wood Violet FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet?
    $ 175.00
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet?
    $ 75.00
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere?
    $ 13.00
  • What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)?
    $ 55.00
    $ 200.00
    $ 2000
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your floral services?
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Set Up
  • How would you describe your floral designs?
    Classic
    Country
    Eclectic
    Romantic
    Rustic
    Vintage
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Clean Up
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Event Design
    Set Up
    Venue Visit
  • What types of arrangements do you provide?
    Aisle Decor