31 Dunes Rd, Edgartown, MA 02539 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Winnetu Oceanside Resort

The Winnetu Oceanside Resort offers the only wedding venue overlooking South Beach on Martha’s Vineyard, and an upper-level facility that can accommodate up to 145 guests. An adjoining, outdoor, ocean-view deck provides a unique indoor-outdoor wedding reception location.

Follow Winnetu Oceanside Resort on

Winnetu Oceanside Resort 4
Winnetu Oceanside Resort 5
  • Christina

Christina Jaeger · Married on 06/16/2018

Beautiful & Memorable Beach Wedding!

The Winnetu was hands down the most beautiful wedding venue and I had the wedding of my dreams! Getting married on the beach, a gorgeous outdoor cocktail reception on the deck and amazing food! Becca and Rachel were such amazing and helpful wedding planners all the way through the process and on the day of Becca couldn’t have been more calming and helpful. I couldn’t have asked for a better venue in every single aspect. They accommodated all of my reasonable requests, held my hand as needed, guided me when I went off the reservation, made super helpful vendor recommendations, and the food was stellar! The beach venue was absolutely stunning! Everything about the day was simply amazing and absolutely perfect. And the value - especially for the location - it cannot be beat! I highly recommend the Winnetu to any couple considering The Vineyard as a location. I’m so happy my first venue fell through and I was LUCKY enough to be able to book at the Winnetu!

Winnetu Oceanside Resort 6
    Winnetu Oceanside Resort 19
    Sent on 04/28/2019
  • Martha

Martha · Married on 05/10/2014

I would give a glowing recommendation of the Winnetu to any bride looking for a beachside venue on Martha's Vineyard.

For starters, they have several options to hold your ceremony; beachside, pond side over looking a gazebo or a small lighthouse they have on property, or a covered breezeway overlooking their property, or they can even move your ceremony indoors if the weather turns bad to their library or across the street to a banquet hall. Their flexibility when it came to weather concerns was so comforting.

Their restaurant, Lure, has amazing Oceanside views with outdoor seating (complete with a fire pit!) and both the restaurant and hotel are 100% handicapped accessible, so it was easy for my grandmother to get around in a wheelchair. The food was delicious, my guests all raved about their meals. We had an extensive seafood menu to choose from, as well as fillet mignon, chicken and pasta to choose from. We chose the swordfish and the fillet mignon and the guests loved them. The chef even made the one child in attendance a burger, and came out mid meal to see how his burger and fries were!

The staff was so helpful and friendly. We worked all along with the venues wedding planner and she always did what she could to make things happen, or offer suggestions if they weren't possible. The day of we had a wedding coordinator and she was on top of every little detail. Everything either ran perfectly smoothly or no one noticed if there was a little hiccup along the way. The staff even took care of removing all of the gifts and wedding items and leaving them in our room so we didn't have to worry about them at the end of the night.

All in all I couldn't have been happier with my experience at the Winnetu and again, I will recommend them to anyone for any type of function. Our budget was on the smaller side of things, and they made sure to work with us to make things happen with what we had, and it was an absolutely beautiful day.

Sent on 05/30/2014

Katherine · Married on 06/30/2018

1.4
      3.0
      2.5
      0.5

I got married at the Winnetu Resort on 6/30/18. What should have been a joyful occasion was lessened by the customer service we received. After dinner I noticed waiters filling up empty wine glasses after guests had left their seats. The manager tried to justify it as "hospitality" when it was obvious they were driving up the tab. The bar bill ended up being $4,926 for 50 people which is outrageous. There's no way each person had a $100 bar tab when mixed drinks were $12, wine was $10, and beer was $7.

We spent $10,000 on food, $4,500 for the room charge, $700 on the dance floor, $200 on shuttles, and $750 on the ceremony setup. In addition my family spent $500-$600 nightly on hotel rooms for the weekend. After all of that I can't believe they inflated our bill.

I wish we had happy memories of our time there and could return with our kids someday but after the customer service we received we will not be returning. If you're looking for a wedding venue in Edgartown where you'll receive honest treatment I recommend the Harbor View Inn.

Sent on 07/13/2018

Winnetu Oceanside Resort's reply:

Katherine, thank you for sharing your concerns about your wedding experience with us. We are sorry that your experience with the bar bill was a negative one and left you feeling badly after an otherwise beautiful wedding. I know that our owner, Mark Snider, reached out to speak with you last week and I hope that your conversation with him left you feeling better about your experience at Winnetu. On behalf of the entire Winnetu team, thank you for having your wedding with us and we wish you and Joe a very happy and wonderful marriage together!

Winnetu Oceanside Resort FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Chairs
    Linens
    Parking
    Set Up
    Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Cake Cutting
    Dessert
    Server(s)
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    Bartender(s)
    Champagne Toast
    House Liquor
    House Wine
    Limited Bar
    Open Bar
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Beach
    Hotel
    Restaurant
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
    Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Accommodations
    Clean Up
    Event Planner
    Get Ready Rooms
    Lighting / Sound
    Outside Vendors
    Set Up
    Wifi
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Shuttle
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    June
    July
    August
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    April
    May
    October

Real Weddings

• 31 Dunes Rd Edgartown, MA, 02539 See on map
    8663351133 (Other Phone Number)