1620 E. Market St., Charlottesville, VA 22902 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $3,500
Availability Check your date
  • Pricing

About Will Kerner Photography

In 1990 I photographed a wedding for the first time. Two years later I had begun to build a practice in earnest. From the beginning I determined that my approach would incorporate elements of my travel photography, namely quiet observation, thus allowing the photograph to reveal itself.

Coinciding with the beginning of my wedding photography career something else very exciting happened in the 1990: the birth of Live Arts, a vital community theater which has grown in a remarkable way since its inception. As co-founder, Executive Director and Executive Producer during the first decade I gained invaluable experience not only as a photographer (I am still the principal photographer for the Live Arts archive), but also in working with people.
In the last decade my photographic work has taken on another dimension as I have worked with Operation Smile and the Building Goodness Foundation, two humanitarian aid groups, as mission photographer. The experiences I've had on these trips -- to Honduras, Kenya, Vietnam, Paraguay, Brazil, Haiti and Guatemala -- have enriched me as a person and as a photojournalist.

In 2005 I co-founded LOOK3 The Festival of the Photograph, an international photography Festival based in Charlottesville. Working with this group has been an exciting challenge. The first annual Festival took place in June 2007. Over the past decade it has gained an international reputation as one of the most vital festivals in the world.

Someone once told me that the most important skill for a photographer to possess is the ability to improvise. This is one of the most valuable skills I've learned from my years as a photographer, working in the theater, and now with the Festival. It is a skill I utilize on every shoot. I love what I do because every day is different, every shoot holds new challenges.

Follow Will Kerner Photography on

Will Kerner Photography 5
Will Kerner Photography 6
Will Kerner Photography 7

Harriett · Married on 10/14/2017

It was such a joy having Will & Whitney take the photos for our wedding. I could not recommend them more highly. They were very professional & organized while also being flexible & easy going. Will's experience & knowledge of the area are invaluable. Lastly & most importantly, the photos are beautiful. As designers, my husband & I both wanted someone who could capture the essence of the day in an artful manner. They did a great job with both the posed portrait shots & capturing the candid moments. I also really liked having 2 photographers working together.

Sent on 11/22/2017
    Will Kerner Photography 15
    Will Kerner Photography 16
    Will Kerner Photography 17

Patricia · Married on 12/05/2015

For our son and daughter-in-law's wedding, Will was the easiest photographer to work with that we have ever run into. He was great at organizing groups and posing individual shots, with clear instructions, and without being overbearing or intrusive. He was very creative in capturing all the special moments of the day. There was no waiting around for the photographer to finish. Instead, the photo times were just another fun part of the day. And, by the way, the quality of his photos was superb.

Sent on 02/18/2016

Will Kerner Photography was absolutely fantastic for our wedding experience. Will was very flexible and customer-service oriented, from start to finish. He met us in Washington, D.C. for our engagement photos and turned a rainy, cloudy, spring day into gorgeous pictures. The weather didn't stop us! The pictures were very natural and captured our D.C. experience and personalities. The colors and clarity were perfect, and we continue to receive many compliments on all of our pictures we used for Save the Dates, Thank You cards, etc.
    On the wedding day, Will and his team produced again. It barely felt like we were taking "formal" pictures, in the midst of a crazy day, and the photos that came out of it were incredible and looked planned (which they weren't!). Will and his team were very creative, but also let us be ourselves and captured us living the day with our closest friends and family. We feel the pictures are very true to the day, but also magazine-worthy! We have had a very difficult time deciding which ones to print for family members, and they get compliments from everyone who sees them.
    Will worked with us on pricing, and we couldn't have asked for a better photographer, especially for our budgeted amount (not nearly what some other comparable photographers were charging). We highly recommend him!

Sent on 04/18/2016

Will Kerner Photography Pricing

Will Kerner Photography Price Rates

Will Kerner Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,000.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files, Proofs
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Video
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs, Thank You Cards

• Orpha Events
    Orpha Events Wedding Planners

I have known Will for many years and from the time when I first saw his photography from his travels in Vietnam - I knew that I would want him to photograph my own wedding. I have since become an event & wedding planner and I recommend him to all of my clients and friends. He is a consummate professional and is a joy to work with. He is extremely professional and his photographs are completely unique in style and expression. His photojournalistic style, his sense of knowing when to fade into the background and when to take control of a crowd, his professionalism and his outstanding talents are all reasons why he is always at the top of my list for photographers. You could do no better in my opinion.

• 1620 E. Market St. Charlottesville, 22902 See on map