2087 Hartford Avenue, Wilder, VT 05088 Map · Phone number

About Wilder Center

Wilder Center is the perfect setting for your wedding, special event, corporate event, corporate meeting, or retreat. Multiple function rooms and flexible configurations allow the space to be customized to the needs of your event. Contact our event coordinators today and start to personalize your event at Wilder Center.

Follow Wilder Center on

2.4
      3.0
      3.0
      2.0

The Wilder Center is absolutely beautiful, but unfortunately the buck stops there. The center boasts that they include an event coordinator, which is one person to cover the entirety of the day (stretching the person way too thin leaving a lot of confusion and disarray) and also includes tables, chairs, set-up/breakdown, and cleaning. On our day, the event coordinator was at times unprofessional and unable to be found. Twenty minutes past our start time for the ceremony, I had to send my photographer to find her because we needed people lined up to get things underway. She was very short with some of the guests, and also referred to my grandparents as "hired help." To top it all off, at the end of the night, after all my family had left and my wife and I were doing a final check to make sure we grabbed everything, we were asked to clean, even though it is part of the package. Apparently a few petals and stems on the floor count as "extraordinary messes" which are not included in the cleaning costs....cause you know, who knew there would be flowers at a wedding!!! I ended up leaving there in tears for the way that I was treated, which is not how I should have ended my wedding day! When I brought my concerns to the manager afterwards, she basically blew me off and did not apologize for my dissatisfaction with the services I received. If I knew then what I know now, I NEVER would have booked them for my wedding.

Sent on 06/29/2014

Wilder Center's reply:

Jennifer, I'm sorry the Wilder Center did not meet your expectations. We are an event venue and not wedding coordinators. The event manager tried to be helpful to you and your guests and we apologize you did not have a good experience. We have hosted many successful weddings at Wilder Center and couples have always been satisfied with their experience.

Wilder Center FAQ