100-250
Indoor/Outdoor
Venue Setting

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Weddings of Distinction

Lavish style in idyllic settings brings the destination wedding closer to home....

eddings of Distinction is a masterfully developed collection of breathtaking venues that redefine opulence. These grand estate properties are designed for a singular purpose and host the most distinguished of wedding celebrations. The bride and groom, their families and their honored guests, are assured an unforgettable experience.

Each venue exhibits uncompromised excellence with an unimaginable depth of architectural and interior design detail. From the moment you arrive, you know that a once in a life time moment is eminent.

Offered in the most sought after environments, brides can choose from a sprawling and lavishly designed country estate, to ocean breezes caressing two elegant and unique bay side mansions. These unrivaled wedding venues are hosts to unwavering families of distinction.

In addition to our mansion estates, Weddings of Distinction spared no detail in designing a beach ceremony reception venue just beyond the dunes. Additionally, families requiring a multiple night stay can take advantage of a traditional hotel venue complete with a luxurious ballroom and delightful grounds.

Weddings of Distinction are highly acclaimed destination venues without travel. Explore these incomparable venues and imagine the enduring memory your special day will be.

Bonnet Island Estate

Uncovered Outdoor (5)
Valet (3)
Buffet (2)
Shuttle (1)

We were married at Mallard Island Yacht Club this past weekend. It ended up being the most perfect weekend we have ever had in our lives. The weather couldn't have been better, the decor couldn't have come together more perfectly, but most importantly the staff at Mallard took our wedding experience to the next level. From day 1, Danielle, the venue coordinator, was fully focused on our wedding. She runs 3 weddings a weekend all year long, and somehow she was able to answer all of my questions within minutes, give me every detail I needed, and make me feel like I was her sole focus. During the weekend of our wedding, Danielle and her staff were on top of every little detail. She follow all of my instructions to the T, made suggestions on what would look better where, and never made me worry about a single detail. I found out the next day that one of our vendors was extremely late and making her nervous, but Danielle went to all lengths to get him there before anyone noticed and never made me worry about it! She literally took care of everything from the day we walked in from our tour through brunch the day after our wedding. My bridal assistant, Madeline, did an amazing job calming my nerves, making sure we ate and had water and champagne, and taking care of my dress all night. All of my guests commented on how nice and accommodating the waiters were and how absolutely amazing the food was, from cocktail hour through dinner and dessert. And at the end of the night they were so efficient in packaging all of my decor back up and placing it on baggage carts so we were able to load up quickly the next morning. Lou Ann, the overnight staff, took care of everything we needed and kept to herself when we didn't need anything. She was the sweetest. I could honestly go on and on about this venue, the staff, the building, the chapel on the bay, the bridal suite, every last detail was perfect. I couldn't have imagined anything close to how our wedding actually turned out.

Profile Picture Alyssa, 10/14/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My fiancé and I got married at the Mallard Island Yacht Club a couple weekends ago and we are still wishing we could go back and relive that day over and over again. Everything was absolutely perfect – and I mean perfect. Taste Catering did such an amazing job with everything. From the cocktail hour to the sit down dinner – everything came out amazing. Many of my guests commented on the quality and tastefulness of each dish they tried. They were so easy to work with and made it easy to customize their packages to exactly what you want. I couldn’t have asked for a better company to work with. Aside from the food, Danielle and her team were incredible! Danielle is so amazing at what she does. Throughout the entire planning process, she is so responsive and helpful she makes wedding planning a breeze. On my wedding day, herself and her team were beyond helpful and I honestly could say I’m not sure what I would have done without them. Not to mention, they make you feel so comfortable with them and make sure you have everything you need to have a good time. Hands down the best day I could have ever dreamed of all thanks to Taste Catering and the entire team at the Mallard.

Profile Picture Mary, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with Weddings of Distinction. I was married at Mallard Island Yacht Club this past weekend and it was literally a dream come true. The entire day felt like a fairy tale. From the very first moment I set foot in Mallard for a tour with Danielle, I knew it was the perfect location for my wedding. I was able to get married right on the water for a beachy feel, but in an elegant, covered boat chapel so no need for a plan B in case of rain. The ballroom is breathtaking, with a wrap around porch that opens up right to a view of the water. My bridal party and family were able to stay right on site in gorgeous suites, and best of all THAT BRIDAL SUITE. I hope every bride is able to feel as fabulous as I did in getting ready in that private salon, hanging with my girls in the massive suite (which is an entire floor) and then collapsing into bed with my new husband that night. We woke up at 7 am and watched the sun rise over the water RIGHT from bed (through the floor to ceiling windows). It was a dream come true. From that very first meeting with Danielle, through a year and a half of planning, to the wedding day itself, Danielle was an absolute godsend. Although she is planning dozens of weddings at a time, she always made us feel like we were her number one couple and priority. She answered every single email, no matter how small the question or detail, within minutes, had a solution to every problem we ran into, and is such a pro at what she does. I felt 100 percent confident leaving the details of the day in her hands -- I worried about absolutely nothing the day of and everything went exactly as I had wanted it to. I could go on and on: If you are even considering the venue, get there for a tour now!!! The place will speak for itself. It is beyond beautiful, but the service you get as a couple really takes the whole experience above and beyond. Every couple deserves to have that experience on their wedding day!

Photo of Weddings of Distinction in Manahawkin, NJ - First look out on the dock
Photo of Weddings of Distinction in Manahawkin, NJ - Bridal Suite
Photo of Weddings of Distinction in Manahawkin, NJ - first dance
Photos
Photo of Weddings of Distinction in Manahawkin, NJ - the fire pit area with lawn games
Photo of Weddings of Distinction in Manahawkin, NJ - Boat house chapel and dock for first look!
Photo of Weddings of Distinction in Manahawkin, NJ - View from the ceremony space
Profile Picture Brianna, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Covered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

Weddings of Distinction Pricing

Bonnet Island

10 Photos

1 VIDEO

3 ENDORSEMENTS
As a Little Black Book member for the Weddings of Distinction properties, I never hesitate to recommend this outstanding experience to my event planning and design clients. Each venue offers an entirely unique atmosphere, yet the impeccable customer service and attention to detail is consistent among all properties. No other venue in New Jersey compares to the experience you and your guests will have at a Weddings of Distinction venue.

Bonnet Island is an amazing place to have your shore wedding...or any NJ wedding for that matter. To me, the property is the ultimate of taste, style, architecture, with the delight of waterside added. The food by MerriMakers is delicious, and smartly presently in modern style for cocktail...on an open, waterview veranda for your guests as they nosh. As an experienced events person, I know that to keep the energy going, you need to surprise and delight your guests at every turn. Bonnet Island and Mallard Island do exactly that. Delightful! (Clean, groomed, manicured, but still somehow, relaxed...for the discerning bridal client!) We are looking forward to playing live ceremony music for your clients this season once again.

This is a One Of a Kind Venue that your guests will not soon forget. A Majestic Mansion that offers stunning veiws and warm hospitality. When you are looking for a place to have your event that is Turly Outstanding....look no futher. The Bonnet Island Estate is your dream location. We enjoy working with thier professional staff and you will too.

Events