2400 East Bay Avenue, Manahawkin, NJ 08050 Map · Phone number
Guest capacity 100 to 250
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 57

About Weddings of Distinction

eddings of Distinction is a masterfully developed collection of breathtaking venues that redefine opulence. These grand estate properties are designed for a singular purpose and host the most distinguished of wedding celebrations. The bride and groom, their families and their honored guests, are assured an unforgettable experience.

Each venue exhibits uncompromised excellence with an unimaginable depth of architectural and interior design detail. From the moment you arrive, you know that a once in a life time moment is eminent.

Offered in the most sought after environments, brides can choose from a sprawling and lavishly designed country estate, to ocean breezes caressing two elegant and unique bay side mansions. These unrivaled wedding venues are hosts to unwavering families of distinction.

In addition to our mansion estates, Weddings of Distinction spared no detail in designing a beach ceremony reception venue just beyond the dunes. Additionally, families requiring a multiple night stay can take advantage of a traditional hotel venue complete with a luxurious ballroom and delightful grounds.

Weddings of Distinction are highly acclaimed destination venues without travel. Explore these incomparable venues and imagine the enduring memory your special day will be.

Bonnet Island Estate

Weddings of Distinction 7
  • Stacy

Stacy Ruiz · Married on 08/09/2019

Perfection!

Where do I begin?! From the moment we met with Danielle at Mallard Island Yacht Club for a tour to our wedding day we were exceptionally pleased with the professionalism and outstanding service! Our dream wedding was made possible by the gorgeous and pristine venue, outstanding customer service & delicious food!
    Danielle had me on track from the moment we booked the venue. Wedding planning was a breeze!! Jason and I cannot thank our Bridal Attendance Madeline enough... she was calm, professional and put us at ease!! She also made sure I was able to get the coconut shrimp during pictures.. all I dreamed of! LOL
    We have no regrets. Taste Catering and Mallard Island Yacht Club were truly the best decision we have made.
    Danielle - thank you!! You rock!!

Sent on 08/13/2019
    Weddings of Distinction 8

Jaimie P · Married on 07/19/2019

Worth the hype

Worth the hype

Weddings of Distinction (we married at Mallard Island w/ Taste Catering) live up to the hype and more. At our first tour of the venue, my husband and I knew right away that there would be no where else that could live up to what Mallard has to offer. With weddings being so expensive right out of the gate, we put a lot of thought into if a venue this costly would really be worth it-and now that our day has come and gone, we think Mallard and everyone you will work with there make it worth every penny.

Danielle was such an efficient and responsive wedding coordinator- she was always available for any questions and had all the answers. So much is taken care of for you by her so that you can really enjoy other parts of the planning experience. They really think through all of the details for you! Our bridal attendant Madeline was the absolute sweetest and so beyond helpful that day- she really was a pleasure to have around! Great staff all around.

Obviously the venue & location speak for itself at first glance. The food through Taste Catering was delicious and had great choices. Being able to go to Carlo's Bake Shoppe in Hoboken for our cake tasting (through Taste) was a really fun added experience.

Definitely worth it!

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Brooke

Brooke Magan Ferraro · Married on 07/13/2019

MIYC is a DREAM Wedding Venue!

The experience that my husband and I had at Mallard Island Yacht Club (MIYC) was incredible and nearly flawless from the second I toured the venue until the second I left the morning after my wedding. To start off, I just want to say that although MIYC may seem more expensive than some other venues that you will tour, you cannot put a price tag on this once in a lifetime experience. Throughout my review, I will highlight all of the amazing things I experienced at MIYC.

Ever since we toured the wedding venue 2+ years, Danielle has been AMAZING and a complete angel to work with. Danielle has a lot of experience in weddings and her level of professionalism and her passion for what she does will not go unnoticed. Danielle keeps all of her couples organized with monthly reminders and updates and truly excels at envisioning what her couple wants. With the stress of the wedding lingering, Danielle decorated the venue with ease, made sure that my bridal attendant catered to my needs, and ran the show effortlessly. She is truly an asset to MIYC and any couple would be fortunate enough to work with her.

In addition to Danielle, the other staff at MIYC was also outstanding. My bridal attendant made sure that everything ran flawlessly while I was getting ready and catered to any need that I had throughout the evening. The overnight manager was amazing to make sure that we were comfortable throughout our stay at Mallard Island. The wait staff did a great job getting our food out in a timely manner. The food that Taste Catering provided was delicious and all of our guests had positive things to say about the food that they ate.

MIYC is exceptional and all of my wedding guests agreed that this was the most beautiful wedding venue they have ever seen. As I got ready in the bridal suite, the surrounding views of the water were amazing and what every bride dreams of. Getting married on the dock was beyond beautiful and the chapel is truly amazing. The guest suites are all decorated perfectly and our bridal party loved their rooms. Being able to hangout with our bridal party all night and wake up the next morning and having them be there to celebrate with us was priceless. You cannot put a price on having all of your bridal party under the same roof with you for the entire 24 hours that we were in MIYC. The cocktail hour is the perfect mix of indoor and outdoor and has something for everyone. The outside area with the fire pit and chairs was the perfect hangout for our after party and the luxury of having an after party at our venue was priceless.

Overall, our experience at MIYC was nothing short of amazing and I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants to have the wedding of their dreams. Thank you to Danielle and the crew at MIYC for the best night of our lives!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Weddings of Distinction FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 16,281.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 13,039.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 250
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 100
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 3
  • Describe your venue: Ballroom, Mansion
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Cake, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Lighting / Sound, Set Up
  • What event items are available? Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables

• Reveriemade
    Reveriemade Wedding Florists

As a Little Black Book member for the Weddings of Distinction properties, I never hesitate to recommend this outstanding experience to my event planning and design clients. Each venue offers an entirely unique atmosphere, yet the impeccable customer service and attention to detail is consistent among all properties. No other venue in New Jersey compares to the experience you and your guests will have at a Weddings of Distinction venue.

• Grace Note String Ensembles Grace Note String Trio & Harps Wedding Music
    Grace Note String Ensembles Grace Note String Trio & Harps Wedding Music Wedding Musicians

Bonnet Island is an amazing place to have your shore wedding...or any NJ wedding for that matter. To me, the property is the ultimate of taste, style, architecture, with the delight of waterside added. The food by MerriMakers is delicious, and smartly presently in modern style for cocktail...on an open, waterview veranda for your guests as they nosh. As an experienced events person, I know that to keep the energy going, you need to surprise and delight your guests at every turn. Bonnet Island and Mallard Island do exactly that. Delightful! (Clean, groomed, manicured, but still somehow, relaxed...for the discerning bridal client!) We are looking forward to playing live ceremony music for your clients this season once again.

• Encore Entertainment: DJ Entertainment, Photography, Videography and Photobooths!
    Encore Entertainment: DJ Entertainment, Photography, Videography and Photobooths! Wedding DJs

This is a One Of a Kind Venue that your guests will not soon forget. A Majestic Mansion that offers stunning veiws and warm hospitality. When you are looking for a place to have your event that is Turly Outstanding....look no futher. The Bonnet Island Estate is your dream location. We enjoy working with thier professional staff and you will too.

• 2400 East Bay Avenue Manahawkin, 08050 See on map