Hampton, VA 23666 Map · Phone number

About Van Gons Photography

Photographers capture what they see in the world. How they see it is governed by their perspective, a perspective shaped by life's events. And it is through life's events that have tbrought them the people they know and love today. Because of them, I see beauty. Because of them, I see joy Because of them, I see love. And so I shoot...

What sets each and every one of us apart from the rest of the world are the little details that make us who we are. No two pictures are ever the same for that very reason. A smile, a glance, a subtle touch… even silence. How are these moments interpreted? Defined by your personality and captured through my imagination and creativity, we transform these moments into photographs- little pieces of art that form and capture the very essence of your story.

What is my philosophy? Plain and simple, I capture what I see. I believe that life is unscripted- so should your photographs. And because we all have a voice, I make sure that yours is deliberated through my work. And so whether it's the observed, the unscripted, or the deliberate, share with me your story… so that I can help you share it with the world.

Jenny3
AbbeyandJames
Jenny3

18 Reviews for Van Gons Photography

Allison · Married on 06/16/2012

Van Gons was the best choice I made for my wedding (aside from my groom, of course). This review is overdue, and I have had my pictures to look at over and over again for the past 6 months and I still love those pictures! I relive the day every time I look at them. I searched many photography websites looking for the style I wanted at a price I could afford. -- most photographers can give you the posed shots you want, sure, but Van Gons has a way of capturing the raw candid emotion in people's expressions throughout the wedding and receoption in such a beautiful way. It's obvious from her portfolio of work, and that's why I picked her. She did not disappoint! In addition to the stellar photography work, which cannot be overemphasized, she was extremely professional, promptly responded to any and all questions, and was overall very personable and delightful to interact with. I'd recommend her to anyone and hope myself to have the opportunity to hire her again for something!

Sent on 01/11/2013
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/02/2012

Excellent photographer. We found her on Craigslist, but the pictures on her website were so well done that we were sure she'd be out of our price range. Turns out, she's a GREAT value. We can't pick our favorite pictures because there's too many to choose from. She and her team were very friendly and polite. We never noticed they were there during the ceremony or reception, even though there are several shots that are face-on. Worked well with our guests and bridal party, even though a wedding is a crazy and sometimes stressful event. She was prompt with replies, although sometimes my emails didn't seem to make it to her. Follow up was not a problem, though. We live out of town and she went out of her way to help us schedule an engagement shoot when we were in town.We loved working with her, and would do it again in a heartbeat. I'd definitely recommend her.

Sent on 08/14/2012

Hari · Married on 10/22/2011

Van was awesome on our wedding day. She was there early in the morning all the way until we closed the dance floor. Our photos turned out beautifully, capturing our special day. I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 06/10/2012