920 NE 8th St, McMinnville, OR 97128 Map · Phone number

About Valley Commissary

A local and seasonal catering company based in Oregon's Willamette Valley, Valley Commissary takes pride in creating custom menus inspired by the couples' preferences. From casual to elegant wedding ceremonies, you can guarantee an exceptional culinary experience, uniquely styled and full of fresh foods. As a full-service caterer, Valley Commissary provides attentive service staff, lending a hand with reception set up and breakdown, as well as coordinating food and beverage rentals. Accommodating a wide range of event styles and sizes, you and your guests will enjoy their cooking techniques and distinctive experience.

Valley Commissary offers couples the following:

• Breakfast/brunch
  • Server(s)
  • Stations
  • Tastings

Cuisine
With American, Italian and local cuisine styles, Valley Commissary can also accommodate the following dietary restrictions into your menus:

• Gluten Free

Valley Commissary 3
Valley Commissary 4

Erin · Married on 08/18/2018

Exquisite Food, Excellent Service - Not a Caterer, Truly a Chef

Food was probably the #1 most-important thing for our wedding, and we were really looking for someone who could provide us with a step above the traditional "caterer" experience. When we met Jesse, the chef, it was all over within about 5 minutes. Not only is he super personable and passionate about what he does, his food is exquisite. His execution on all things is amazing - from classic french cuisine all the way down to fried chicken and waffles. We wanted our food to be elegant but at the same time accessible and delicious, and Jesse helped us put together a menu that fit our taste level while hitting the spot on the kind of thing that makes you want seconds and thirds. My husband's favorite food is pesto, so Jesse put together two dishes that incorporated it without feeling repetitive - a creamy pesto cavatappi pasta and pimenton roasted chicken thighs with pesto. People were raving about both. We also had a delicious pepper-crusted pork loin with creamed corn (I literally did not like creamed corn until this man served it to me), and a hearty vegetable ragu with the best flavors. Also, of all the things that stood out on my wedding day, the salad was honestly among the top - it was so delicious I think I had four helpings. We rounded out the night with our late-night snacks - sliders and grilled cheese. My husband reverts to his five-year-old self when it comes to grilled cheese and prefers Kraft American Singles, while I tend to prefer something a little fancier and fun, like a white cheddar with jam, so Jesse made two different versions for us. People were raving to me all night about how delicious everything was, and I still dream about that salad. It's also worth mentioning that we ate at their restaurant in town the day before the wedding, AND got takeout for lunch the morning-of because we literally couldn't get enough of their food.

In terms of logistics, Jesse's wife Erica had everything down to the last detail. We landed on family-style dining (less expensive than plated, but felt more elegant than buffet), and I was nervous about having enough servers and enough food. Erica went above and beyond to make sure those fears were unfounded - there was a server nearby every time I looked up, and fresh hot plates of food were coming out constantly. It was honestly like being at a high-end restaurant with 170 of my closest friends and family. Erica was incredibly responsive every time I reached out, which was much-appreciated since I was planning the wedding remotely. She struck a wonderful balance of weighing in with her expertise and advice, while also being 100% committed to making anything work based on my preferences. There was even one moment in time where we had a slight misunderstanding about something, and Erica took responsibility for it, no questions asked (even though it was partly on me), and offered several solutions to make it right. Such a refreshing experience especially since I was dealing with the exact opposite level of service from the venue owner for the event.

Conclusion: Cannot recommend Valley Commissary enough for literally anything (whether a huge event or just a Saturday lunch), and I know the other reviews will echo my sentiment. Worth every penny if you want your food to be stand-out amazing on your special day.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Pamela · Married on 06/23/2018

Inspired food, fantastic service!

Sent on 08/04/2018

Scott · Married on 05/26/2018

Valley Commissary catered the rehearsal dinner for our wedding. We reserved the entire restaurant for the event. Not only was Valley Commissary flexible with the menu, and our budget, but at the last minute we had a few surprise guests arrive (thus increasing our headcount). Valley Commissary barely blinked an eye, and sprung into action adding more place settings, more seats, and more food. I would recommend Valley Commissary to friends and family looking for a low-key venue with exceptional food. Cheers to the Commissary Team!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Valley Commissary FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the cost of your full service wedding catering? Set Up, Server(s), China, Flatware, Glassware
  • What event services do you provide? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide? Breakfast / Brunch, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Lunch, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? American, Italian, Local
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? Cash Bar, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Champagne Toast
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

• 920 NE 8th St McMinnville, 97128 See on map