West Haven, CT 06516 Map · Phone number

About Val McCormick Photography

We believe that weddings are a social celebration of a very sacred commitment. We feel honored to be participants in every wedding we shoot and treat both the day and the people involved with the highest level of respect. Most of all, Weddings are a day filled with beauty and magic that emerges effortlessly. We believe our job is to capture that magic in the most authentic way - unobtrusively, honestly, joyfully.

We are a cutting edge photography studio, offering the most recent advances in the photography field. We are always well versed in the latest wedding trends and bride preferences. Our approach is contemporary and always in the best of taste. We strive for the perfect combination of timeless elegance and fresh style.

Our focus is on journalistic style photography. We limit the number of posed and staged photographs and try instead to highlight the laughter, tears, and passion that you and your guests will be feeling without our heavy involvement. We understand that each couple is unique in their style, personality, and biography and strive to produce images that reflect that individuality. The era of assembly line coverage and common, ordinary albums is over. We understand our client needs for exclusive, classic products and exceed their expectations. We represent the grace, distinction, and style that is possible in wedding photography.

wmScarzo 0936
wmScarzo 0936
56ef3aad808a93ac 1237161366097 wm20090131 MG 5669
wm20090131 MG 5139

14 Reviews for Val McCormick Photography

This wedding photographer and her 2nd shooter made my day the BEST DAY EVER. She was so professional, compassionate, and understanding of wedding obstacles before-during-and after our wedding! I'm happy to call her a friend now.

Sent on 07/29/2017
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 04/19/2014

Wow! Just wow! Val was such a pleasure to work with and was very helpful with her professional input. I'm so glad I chose her! I have had nothing but compliments with my pictures for the big day! Our group is such a bunch of goofballs and she really capture that in our reception photos! She really respected my wish to not focus on the traditional wedding photos aside from the formals and everything came out great! I do also think it helped that she and I really hit it off from the first time I met her. With my husband and I not really being that comfortable in front of the camera she was helpful and descriptive on how to pose and the photos really showed her ability to make two very uncomfortable people look like they lived in front of the camera. Her style and flair were on point and I couldn't have asked for a better photographer. I highly recommend her for anyone looking for a fantastic photographer.

Sent on 08/27/2014

Erin · Married on 01/14/2012

Val and her team were fantastic from start to finish. It was so wonderful to work with her and her team. She is just so sweet and willing to do anything for a good shot! She took charge and did what she needed to do to get us through our photos at City Hall quickly. She gave everyone the direction they needed and was so fun at the same time. We got a large variety of shots and the photo booth she set up at the reception was a big hit. Our guests loved it. I just cant wait to see the rest of the pics. I cannot wait to work with Val again for boudoir photos!

Sent on 01/31/2012

Val McCormick Photography FAQ

• What photography services do you offer? High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

• Airbrush Makeup by Ivette
    Airbrush Makeup by Ivette Wedding Hair & Makeup

Val McCormick is an amazingly talented photographer! Having worked with Val on various photo shoots and weddings, I can honestly say that she is "hands down" one of the best photographers in the state. Valerie's love for her work, and dedication to her clients drives her to provide them with nothing but the absolute best. Val has a wonderful, down to earth personality that makes her so easy to work with, and her creativity is unparalleled. I would recommend her to any bride who is looking for an amazing photographer.

• Airbrush Makeup & Hair by Naomi's Studio & Salon, West Hartford
    Airbrush Makeup & Hair by Naomi's Studio & Salon, West Hartford Wedding Hair & Makeup

Val is such a perfectionist! She produces some of the most beautiful photos that we've ever seen. Some of her work has truly brough tears to my eyes. She makes all of our clients/brides look amazing in photos because she understand the best angles and lighting for each client. That is why I chose her for my maternity session as well, and each photo is truly a work of art! We always get to excited when our clients let us know that she's their photographer because we also know that we will get some amazing shots for our website! She is one of the most sincere, compassionate and truly dedicated professionals that we have worked with! She loves her clients and goes the extra mile to make their special day so memorable. She books up fast, so I highly recommend that brides call her as soon as they know their wedding date! you will not be dissapointed!

• Inspiration in Motion
    Inspiration in Motion Wedding Videographers

Val McCormick is one of those rare photographers that captures every beautiful moment from your wedding and somehow makes it seem even more beautiful then you can remember. Her pictures are stunning and her personality and way with people make her unforgettable! I would definitely recommend Val McCormick to any couple looking to have spectacular memories from their photographs!

• West Haven, 06516 See on map