875 Lake St, Oak Park, IL 60301 Map · Phone number
Guest capacity 1 to 300

About Unity Temple

We are a Frank Lloyd Wright-designed building that recently underwent a $25M restoration. Our sanctuary space seats up to 300 while the opposite side of the building is perfect for an intimate dinner or offsite meeting. We look forward to welcoming you!

• The Carleton Hotel of Oak Park
  • Trigger
  • Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago
img 190 s 51 27588
img 190 s 51 27588

2 Reviews for Unity Temple

Jennifer · Married on 05/01/2010

My husband and I chose to be married at Frank Lloyd Wright's Unity Temple and are so happy with our decision. The church was beautiful and something everyone who attended will remember. The event coordinator was amazing was so easy to work with. She was flexible, easy to reach, and answered all of our questions with clarity as well as helpful suggestions. She made sure we had thought of everything and that our ceremony and rehearsal went smoothly.

The parking situation at the church is basically that it is non-existant so the event coordinator suggested nearby parking garages and helped us get in contact with them to make sure they could accommadate a wedding of our size. We included a map of our event locations including the parking garage and none of our guests had any problems thanks to the event coordinators suggestions.

The acoustics inside the church were amazing and our ceremony musicians were able to make arrangements to become familiar with the space prior to our wedding.

Unity Temple was an amazing ceremony site and was easy to work with. It was unique and memorable. I hope more people will consider them.

Sent on 05/31/2010
  • Cindy

Cindy · Married on 05/27/2012

I had my wedding ceremony here on Sunday, May 27, 2012. It was Memorial Day weekend. I have never recalled a Memorial Day weekend in Chicago with bad weather... until now. On my wedding day, the temps reached a sweltering 97 degrees. This in itself is uncomfortable, but when you throw in no air conditioning... yikes.
    But it could have been much worse. Fans kept the temps bearable. Sure, it wasn't exactly cool, but considering how hot it was outside, the inside wasn't too bad. I took a star off for no a/c, but other than that, my experience with The Unity Temple was stellar. I worked with Meridian from the beginning, and she was very accommodating with us. At first I didn't think I could afford to have my wedding there. But I emailed her, asking if they could slash the price. I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask, right? The worst they could do is say no. To my shock, they were willing to go very close to the fee I asked for. Since it was already late into the season, and the chances of filling that day at the regular price was low, Meridian was willing to give us a discount. So I was able to have the ceremony at a beautiful and unique church. All my guests loved the intimacy of the space. We didn't even need a sound system.

We had 100 guests, but I think you could fit about 200 in there. The interior is beautiful, and the design speaks for itself. You don't need to decorate much.

Sent on 06/04/2012

Unity Temple FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 4000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 4000.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 2000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 2000.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Event Planning
    Lighting/Sound
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Historic Building
    Religious
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Elopements
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Outside Vendors
    Wifi
  • What event items are available?
    Audio Equipment
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    January
    November
    December

• 875 Lake St Oak Park, Illinois, 60301 See on map
    708-848-6225 (Phone number)
    Location of (Unity Temple)