UCLA Student Union Event Services

308 Westwood Plaza Ackerman Union A262, Los Angeles, CA 90095 Map · Phone number

About UCLA Student Union Event Services

We at UCLA Student Union Event Services have the perfect location - in the heart of the UCLA campus - for your wedding, conference, reception, performance or trade show. We can coordinate all of your event needs including technical equipment, catering and staffing. Our event planning experience paired with personalized services will make your event an occasion to remember.

Past events have ranged from banquets for a teachers' group to trade association meetings and temple services. Small weddings and large receptions have both found a home in our event space. In addition to Ackerman Grand Ballroom, one of the largest and most flexible assembly areas on campus, we offer smaller rooms nearby for receptions, break-out sessions, child care, or other complementary uses.

BanquetA
IMG1647
PharmacologyParty
BanquetA

1 Reviews for UCLA Student Union Event Services

Kristen · Married on 09/04/2011

3.6
      3.5

Had our wedding here Sept 4, 2012 and we LOVED it. Both my husband and I went to UCLA and it was great coming back for our wedding. The ceremony was in the Charles E. Young grand salon which is absolutely beauitful on its own and doesn't require any decoration. The only thing I bought was an aisle runner. Outside on Kerchoff patio we held the reception. We had a FULL strike of all of the chairs and tables AND had a professional wash-down of the ground since it can get kinda gross. The full strike is extremely expensive but it was 100% worth it...don't skimp and get the half strike. We fit 150 people into Kerchoff patio but there was definitely room for more. There's no need to buy a dance floor which was nice and there was plenty of room for the DJ booth. The staff that you have to work with are just OK. The food is great though! They had a full tasting for us and it was fantastic! For the reception, I had to rent chairs because the chairs they have there are really ugly. I got gold Chiavari chairs and it MADE the scene. Oh, I also bought white chinese lanterns and strung them up myself with a little help from relatives and put LED lights in them and hung them over Kerchoff patio. THAT was the icing on the cake. BEAUTIFUL with the white during the day and amazing when it got dark. Overall I highly recommend doing your wedding at UCLA but not at the ugly faculty center! Just be careful because the reception will be all outside so if there is any chance of rain or high heat, then you're in trouble. ONE more thing, we also rented out the Art Gallery for another $250 and had our own art showing because I have artists in the family. It was a nice addition.

Sent on 03/06/2012