The Wagner at the Battery

2 West Street, New York, NY 10004 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 19

About The Wagner at the Battery

The Wagner at the Battery is a wedding venue located in New York, New York. This stunning hotel in the city features elegant indoor event spaces that couples will love to host their sophisticated wedding. Their luxurious environment will certainly elevate your wedding and make it one neither you or your guests will forget.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples may entertain up to 300 wedding guests at the Wagner at the Battery for their ceremonies, receptions, rehearsal dinners, engagement parties, bridal showers, and elopements. This gorgeous hotel houses elegant, classy rooms that may be decorated to fit your vision. Large, wide open ballrooms are perfect for fitting your grand or intimate weddings. They all offer the utmost privacy so you and your guests may unwind and enjoy yourselves. Some spaces even have a striking view of the waterfront where guests may seen the sun set over the water.

The Wagner at the Battery offers couples professional, reliable staff to assist them on their wedding day. They are dedicated to helping them with anything they might need and offer many services to make sure they are well taken care of on their special day. The Wagner at the Battery is a pet friendly establishment with wireless internet throughout the hotel. Overnight guests may stay in hotel rooms so they may be close to the wedding festivities. This venue also offers in-house catering for weddings, as well as the following other services:

• Barware
  • China
  • Flatware
  • Glassware
  • Linens
  • Valet

Cuisine
The Wagner at the Battery will provide catering for your events. Wedding experts at the hotel will help you with catering, including Indian and kosher caterers in the area and in-house gourmet menus. They will also refer you to a cake designer in the city to custom design a fabulous wedding cake, though couples may also bring in their own outside cake. They offer various serving styles, including buffet, family style, hors d’oeuvres, plated, and stations. They also offer dessert and cocktail reception services.

Follow The Wagner at the Battery on
Pink lit hall

• Videos 1

5 Reviews for The Wagner at the Battery

Kristin · Married on 09/08/2018

I cannot say enough good things about having our wedding party and guests stay at the Wagner!! I recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone having a NYC wedding! Analy, Tom and the staff were phenomenal from the first moment we reached out until our departure -- and then even after as they followed up with us!

It was easy to work with the Wagner team to arrange our room block and they worked with us to upgrade our guests to the (stunningly, awe-inspiringly) beautiful liberty view rooms (with views of the Hudson river and Statue of Liberty, and even a telescope to view her in the bridal suite).

My father-in-law arrived first and was blown away to be greeted as "father of the groom" by the concierge. Upon checking in, both my now husband and I found our favorite drinks (he Coke, me Pellegrino) in our rooms along with snacks, welcoming us to the hotel!

Kevin and the bellmen staff were there from the first moment, and made it known they were there to help with our every need. My mother called down for new pillows, water, tissues, etc. Everyone was dealt with quickly and with a smile! They even proactively gave us a case of complimentary water for our suite for my friends and i to drink while getting ready!

I had been nervous when the Ritz Carlton switched over to the Wagner after I'd already decided to stay there. I can tell you that it was seamless and perfect! In fact, much of the staff (like Kevin and Richard) have been with the hotel for years and are expert at luxury service! I felt they were friends -- helping us navigate the weekend!

When the big day arrived, my husband and I returned to our suite to find the biggest surprise of all: a chilled bottle of Prosecco, chocolate-dipped strawberries, a bed covered in rose petals (!) and, most amazingly, a personalized card wishing us a happy wedding, signed by every member of the staff! I can't wait to stay there again...for our first anniversary!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Hugo · Married on 08/18/2018

Let me preface by saying that I am a prolific reviewer. If I receive bad service anywhere you will hear about it and on the same token if good service is given you will hear from me as well. But my experience at the Wagner was beyond profound, transcendental the level of service was unmeasurable in social media scales. I would have to introduce a new rating system into the internet vernacular for you to comprehend what you will experience at The Wagner. If you want a headache free wedding, with great food, incredible views this is the place hands down. Folks, I spent 4 months looking for a place to have a wedding in NY. I looked everywhere, Airbnb, PeerSpace, and the known locations in NY. First, the prices were ridiculous for one night between 20 to 50k. I personally see no value in that. In Airbnb and PeerSpace, unfortunately, people are greedy and they tend to overcharge also you need to coordinate everything put down insurance money is a nightmare. The other traditional locations in NY are way overpriced, for 25k you get a castle including the wedding reception and stay in Italy. Now, once you do your research go to The Wagner, ask for Vivian Lo Cohen or Blaire Katz and let your worries subside. Let me tell you how incredible these women are, we had an outdoor wedding so they went to lengths of setting up a second indoor location as a backup. These fierce women have superpowers they will exceed all your expectations, coordinate practically the whole wedding for you and give you a night you will never forget. The staff in the hotel is also incredible starting from the doormen, Kevin was incredible there was also another gentleman from India was phenomenal. At the desk, David was a prince helped with all my question. PEOPLE, you can not coordinate a wedding anywhere else in NY until you check this place out. Oh, let me tell you about the banquet staff, I mentioned that the wedding was outdoors, right? Guess what, it started to rain right before my wife walked out

Sent on 08/27/2018

The Wagner at the Battery FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 30,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 20,000.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 2,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, China, Clean Up, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Set Up, Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? Dessert, Wedding Cake
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 50.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Open Bar
  • Describe your venue: Ballroom, Banquet Hall, Hotel
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Scenic Views
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Bar Services, Catering Services, Clean Up, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Stations
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Chairs, Tables
  • What transportation and access is available? Valet
  • What months are included in your peak season? May, June, September, October, December
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March, July, August

• 2 West Street New York, New York, 10004 See on map