Tenants Harbor, ME 04860 Map · Phone number

The Sugar Tree 3
The Sugar Tree 4
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 06/08/2019

Darci with The Sugar Tree was awesome! My wedding cake was beautiful AND so yummy!

Darci at The Sugar Tree was amazing to work with from the start. I was looking for a local baker that could make our wedding cake and continued to get recommendations for the Sugar Tree. I looked at both Darci’s personal website and Facebook website and found myself very impressed with her cooking and baking experience, gallery photos and large flavor selection. I showed my fiancé and he was equally impressed and agreed we should contact her about our wedding cake! We set up an appointment for a tasting in Darci’s home. She made us the cake flavors and frosting we were interested in, in cupcake form and invited us into her home for a complimentary tasting. We loved all of the flavors and had the hardest time choosing! A nice and fun thing she offers is the flexibility of doing different flavors and frosting on different tiers of her cakes so we were able to have a variety!

Meeting Darci in person only confirmed to us how she seemed via her email communication (which was always prompt and informative). She is professional, warm, welcoming, creative and flexible. Lastly, she is VERY passionate about what she does. She is proud of the work she does and has every reason to be. She will accommodate to anyone’s individual needs and always uses her own fresh produce, dairy and flowers when possible.

Darci also ended up making mini classic whoopie pies for us which we used as wedding favors. She offers to bag and label favors with her own party accessories and offers custom designs! We chose to purchase something separately off Etsy but she still bagged each one individually which we really appreciated.

We hired Darci for catering drop off service the day of the wedding for my bridesmaids and I while getting ready. The food did come a little later than expected and it wasn’t “out of this world”, very standard store bought-like salads so that was the only complaint but it wasn’t a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Other than that, the Sugar Tree was AMAZING. Our wedding cake was BEAUTIFUL. Darci hand picked the same type of flowers in my bouquet and arrangements from my florist and completely decked out the cake. All I could say was, “Wow!!” when I saw it!! Guests were also commenting on how delicious our cake was even after the wedding was over! She was very helpful with telling us how to freeze the top tier following the wedding, too.

Hire her! :)

Sent on 08/19/2019
    The Sugar Tree 5
    The Sugar Tree 6
    The Sugar Tree 7
    The Sugar Tree 8

Leah · Married on 05/24/2015

We met Darci at the Samoset Resort's Grand Tasting event, and I fell in love with the "demo cake" she brought (to the point that I requested she duplicate the style for our wedding)! We met with her again at the Samoset for our individual tasting, and she was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was enthusiastic about our requests for nontraditional flavors (e.g. nutella, funfetti), and she brought a bunch of cupcakes for us to try. All the flavors were so delicious that we couldn't narrow it down to just one! We ended up deciding on a 3-tiered cake with a different flavor in each tier, which she was more than happy to accommodate. I previously thought that wedding cakes either tasted good or looked pretty (but not both), but Darci proved me wrong!

Sent on 08/09/2015
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 07/28/2012

Darci from The Sugar Tree was great to work with. She came to us for a tasting and picking the flavors may have been one of the hardest decisions of the whole wedding planning process, they were all just so good! We dreamed up a cake and she was there to deliver, even merging the flavor of two cakes we couldn't pick between. The final cake didn't look quite like we were thinking but we didn't care, it was single handedly the best cake we have ever had!

Sent on 10/29/2012