The Sterling

Akron, NY View map Visit website

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

The Sterling is a brand new wedding venue located in the grounds of Arrowhead Golf Club in beautiful Akron, New York. The Sterling offers seven unique areas to accommodate every aspect of your memorable celebration and sets the standard for top-notch events in Western New York. It features indoor and outdoor spaces with scenic views and is available for ceremonies, receptions, bridal showers, engagement parties, elopements and rehearsal dinners.

Facilities and Capacity

With over 10,000 square feet of event space, The Sterling can comfortably accommodate 250-400 seated guests. They offer seven event areas including:

• Main dining area - A 90-feet by 36-feet space with glamorous warehouse chic design, featuring a tall glass wall, cathedral ceilings, modern crystal chandeliers, and state-of-the-art kitchen.
  • Interior mezzanine area for surplus seating - Area features a catwalk across the glass wall and leading to the outside balcony.
  • Side covered patio - 5 French doors provide seamless overflow space for the reception and dance floor which is heated for 3 season use.
  • Back and side uncovered balcony - The balconies feature stunning views of the golf course and island. The side balcony is the ideal setting for a rehearsal dinner with an intimate setting and sunset views.
  • Bridal Suite - A getting-ready room with glamorous makeup stations for the bridal party.
  • Island ceremony and photography area - The area includes a steel arch, wood bridge, walkway, and aisle and provides an intimate and unique place to tie the knot.

The Sterling can provide a team of professional coordinators to help plan your wedding, event, or bridal shower. Additional services offered include:

• Tables, chairs, and linen
  • China, flatware and glassware
  • Set up and clean up
  • Parking and wheelchair access
  • Catering, servers, and bartenders
  • Willingness to work with outside vendors (except catering and bar)

Cuisine

The Sterling and their executive chef provide a large wedding menu from which to choose your meal options. Options include hand-passed appetizers from their hors d’oeuvres menu, crudites for cocktail hour, and a choice of either a relaxed buffet or a sit-down plated option for dinner. There is a choice of entrees available for the sit down dinner which is served with salad, steamed vegetables, freshly baked bread, your choice of sides, and tea and coffee. The Sterling offers various beverage packages including beer, wine, champagne, liquors, and soft drinks. There is also an evening snack menu available.

Location

The Sterling is located at Arrowhead Golf Club in Akron, New York. The venue is just a few miles east of Buffalo and a short drive west of Rochester. The venue is easily accessible with Buffalo Niagra International Airport just a 30-minute drive away.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Server(s)

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$19

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
House Beer
House Wine
Open Bar

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Banquet Hall
Country/Golf Club
Garden
Loft
Waterfront

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Bar Services
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Cocktail Reception
Hors d'oeuvres
Outside Cake
Plated
Server(s)
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Altar/Arch
Centerpieces
Chairs
Dance Floor
Decor
Furniture
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

May
June
July
August
September
October

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January
February
March
November
December

Dillon M. Getting married on 05/21/2023

Krystle is a breath of fresh air to this experience!

My fiancé and I have always wanted a wedding that is non traditional and out of the box. Instead of a dance floor we preferred to do lawn games and many different activities (like lazer tag) to keep the day/night fun for everyone. We are including our two Dalmatians for our wedding and the theme around it is black and white and spots. After searching and speaking with multiple vendors, we found many of them were not as excited or passionate about our ideas like we had hoped. When we recently met up with Krystle to see The Stearling and shared our ideas, she was just as excited, if not, more excited than we were about our plans! It was so refreshing to tell her everything we wanted that would differ from a traditional wedding and we could hear it in her voice and see it in her face how happy she was to help us make our special day trurly fit us. As far as the venues atmosphere and appearance, we both teared up instantly driving into the venue looking over the shear beauty of it. Krystle made the pricing and the wedding process so easy to understand in the short hour we were with her. She provided incredible ideas on top of all the ideas we already had, like putting the ceremony chairs in a circle resembling a spot of our Dalmatians. We are from Syracuse, and the 2+ hour drive is 100% worth it to have her and the other amazing and personable people and vendors we met that day. If you are from the Syracuse or Rochester area, we HIGHLY recommend scheduling a tour with Krystle to experience what we had experienced with her. It is the perfect place to make all your dreams and ideas for your wedding day come to life right before your eyes. It is a place I would rate a 12/10!

The Sterling's reply:

Hi Dillon and Brittany!
    You guys are seriously the best and so much fun! We absolutely loved all of the ideas you both had and cannot wait to help you plan. We are honored to help your vision come to life.
    The entire team here cant wait to meet your fur babies and get you guys hitched!
    Love,
    Krystle, Michael and Your Sterling Wedding Team
    Ariel L. Getting married on 09/23/2022

Amazing!

The Sterling is absolutely breathtaking. I am so excited to have my wedding here in 2022. Krystle was super pleasant to be around and made the tour a breeze. She explained everything to detail and was very helpful with all our questions. She broke down the pricing so it was easy to understand and explained it all thoroughly so there was no confusion. They include almost everything you need and provide a great vendor list for anything else you may want. I am so happy to have chose this venue and I'm very comfortable with having them run my big day with no worries on my end. I highly recommend taking a tour if you are interested, the place is absolutely gorgeous in person. Thanks again for making my decision so easy and I can not wait for my wedding in 2022!!
    Karlyn D. Getting married on 08/27/2022

So excited to get married at The Sterling!

My fiancé Nick and I found The Sterling and fell in love at first sight. Krystle took us on a tour and we were blown away in person. The Venue is gorgeous and everything we both wanted.Krystle answered all our questions. She also provided us a packet with pricing details, vendor recommendations and more. We are new to wedding planning so we had many follow up questions. Krystle answered them all very clear and detailed.

After booking we met the rest of the team Lauren and Amanda who provided us with more helpful information and tips. Lauren took the time to call me to share in my excitement. The gesture made me feel so special.

Booking our wedding with the team at The Sterling has been so easy and exciting. I can’t wait to continue to work together and plan our dream wedding!

The Sterling's reply:

Hi Karlyn!

Hearing your excitement makes the Arrowhead family so happy! We can't wait to be a small part of the big day! We know its going to be a fun planning process!

-Lauren and The Sterling team!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Team

Krystle Hanson
Krystle Hanson
Wedding & Event Sales Director

I love love! Seeing couples light up when they see our venues for the first time is the highlight of my job.

I love all puppers! I have two huskies and one rescue pup that give the best kisses and snuggles. Favorite menu item: Everything! But if I had to decide I would choose the aged mac n cheese (I'm a soul food type of gal)

Michael  Kauffman
Michael Kauffman
Sterling Wedding Coordinator

I love Weddings because I love seeing the joy when two people are united as one. I'm truly honored and blessed to be a part of each and every one of my client's special wedding day. Every wedding is unique and special to me. I love being a part of the magic!

12292 Clarence Center Rd. Akron, NY, 14001
(716) 542-4653
Location of (The Sterling)

Other vendors in Buffalo for your wedding

Wedding Venues