On WeddingWire since 2019
The Sterling is a brand new wedding venue located in the grounds of Arrowhead Golf Club in beautiful Akron, New York. The Sterling offers seven unique areas to accommodate every aspect of your memorable celebration and sets the standard for top-notch events in Western New York. It features indoor and outdoor spaces with scenic views and is available for ceremonies, receptions, bridal showers, engagement parties, elopements and rehearsal dinners.
Facilities and Capacity
With over 10,000 square feet of event space, The Sterling can comfortably accommodate 250-400 seated guests. They offer seven event areas including:
- Main dining area - A 90-feet by 36-feet space with glamorous warehouse chic design, featuring a tall glass wall, cathedral ceilings, modern crystal chandeliers, and state-of-the-art kitchen.
- Interior mezzanine area for surplus seating - Area features a catwalk across the glass wall and leading to the outside balcony.
- Side covered patio - 5 French doors provide seamless overflow space for the reception and dance floor which is heated for 3 season use.
- Back and side uncovered balcony - The balconies feature stunning views of the golf course and island. The side balcony is the ideal setting for a rehearsal dinner with an intimate setting and sunset views.
- Bridal Suite - A getting-ready room with glamorous makeup stations for the bridal party.
- Island ceremony and photography area - The area includes a steel arch, wood bridge, walkway, and aisle and provides an intimate and unique place to tie the knot.
The Sterling can provide a team of professional coordinators to help plan your wedding, event, or bridal shower. Additional services offered include:
- Tables, chairs, and linen
- China, flatware and glassware
- Set up and clean up
- Parking and wheelchair access
- Catering, servers, and bartenders
- Willingness to work with outside vendors (except catering and bar)
The Sterling and their executive chef provide a large wedding menu from which to choose your meal options. Options include hand-passed appetizers from their hors d’oeuvres menu, crudites for cocktail hour, and a choice of either a relaxed buffet or a sit-down plated option for dinner. There is a choice of entrees available for the sit down dinner which is served with salad, steamed vegetables, freshly baked bread, your choice of sides, and tea and coffee. The Sterling offers various beverage packages including beer, wine, champagne, liquors, and soft drinks. There is also an evening snack menu available.
The Sterling is located at Arrowhead Golf Club in Akron, New York. The venue is just a few miles east of Buffalo and a short drive west of Rochester. The venue is easily accessible with Buffalo Niagra International Airport just a 30-minute drive away.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
What is the starting price per person for bar service?
Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
Describe your venue:
What kind of settings are available?
Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
What event services do you offer?
What catering services do you offer?
What bar services do you provide?
What event items are available?
What food and beverage items are available?
What transportation and access is available?
What months are included in your peak season?
What months are included in your off-peak season?
Any other questions?
ReviewsWrite a review
114 User photos
All around the best in the business
Pick the sterling!
Best Venue Ever!!!
Are you interested?
Seeing couples light up when they see our venues for the first time is the highlight of my job.
I love all puppers and dog friendly ceremonys! Favorite menu item: Everything! But if I had to decide I would choose the aged mac n cheese (I'm a soul food type of gal)
Certified Wedding & Event Planner from the New York Institute of Art and Design, Tanya Sue has been planning weddings since 2011. What started out as a hobby is now what springs her out of bed each morning. With coordinating over 140 weddings and 300+ managed accounts, Tanya Sue loves weddings and every piece of the puzzle it takes to help plan your perfect day! Becoming an Ordained Minister in 2021 was the next step on her career journey. Tanya Sue’s background also includes extensive customer service, legal administration and an instructor of dance with a focus on ballet.
Michael is no stranger when it comes to the wedding scene. Having a background in restaurant and hospitality that spans over a decade, he love that he is a part of this wonderful worId of wedding planning. “I love weddings because I love seeing the joy when two people are united as one. I'm truly honored and blessed to be a part of each and every one of my client's special day. Every wedding is unique and memorable to me. I love being a part of the magic!”
Would you like to visit?