12292 Clarence Center Rd., Akron, NY 14001 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 30
  • Pricing
  • Meet the Team

About The Sterling

The Sterling is a brand new wedding venue located in the grounds of Arrowhead Golf Club in beautiful Akron, New York. The Sterling offers seven unique areas to accommodate every aspect of your memorable celebration and sets the standard for top-notch events in Western New York. It features indoor and outdoor spaces with scenic views and is available for ceremonies, receptions, bridal showers, engagement parties, elopements and rehearsal dinners.

Facilities and Capacity

With over 10,000 square feet of event space, The Sterling can comfortably accommodate 250-500 seated guests. They offer seven event areas including:

• Main dining area - A 90-feet by 36-feet space with glamorous warehouse chic design, featuring a tall glass wall, cathedral ceilings, modern crystal chandeliers, and state of the art kitchen.
  • Interior mezzanine area for surplus seating - Area features a catwalk across the glass wall and leading to the outside balcony.
  • Side covered patio - 5 French doors provide seamless overflow space for the reception and dance floor which is heated for 3 season use.
  • Back and side uncovered balcony - The balconies feature stunning views of the golf course and island. The side balcony is the ideal setting for a rehearsal dinner with an intimate setting and sunset views.
  • Bridal Suite - A getting ready room with glamorous makeup stations for the bridal party.
  • Island ceremony and photography area - The area includes a steel arch, wood bridge, walkway, and aisle and provides an intimate and unique place to tie the knot.

The Sterling can provide a team of professional coordinators to help plan your wedding, event or bridal shower. Additional services offered include:

• Tables, chairs, and linen
  • China, flatware and glassware
  • Set up and clean up
  • Parking and wheelchair access
  • Catering, servers, and bartenders
  • Willingness to work with outside vendors (except catering and bar)

Cuisine

The Sterling and their executive chef provide a large wedding menu from which to choose your meal options. Options include hand-passed appetizers from their hors d’oeuvres menu, crudites for cocktail hour, and a choice of either a relaxed buffet or a sit down plated option for dinner. There is a choice of entrees available for the sit down dinner which is served with salad, steamed vegetables, freshly baked bread, your choice of sides, and tea and coffee. The Sterling offers various beverage packages including beer, wine, champagne, liquors, and soft drinks. There is also an evening snack menu available.

Location

The Sterling is located at Arrowhead Golf Club in Akron, New York. The venue is just a few miles east of Buffalo and a short drive west of Rochester. The venue is easily accessible with Buffalo Niagra International Airport just a 30-minute drive away.

Arial view
the sterling at arrowhead wedding venue kniley photography 0767 51 1051193 159975724184842
Patio

Videos 1 Video
360º Virtual Tours 1 tour

19 Reviews for The Sterling

Karlyn Denecke · Getting married on 08/27/2022

So excited to get married at The Sterling!

My fiancé Nick and I found The Sterling and fell in love at first sight. Krystle took us on a tour and we were blown away in person. The Venue is gorgeous and everything we both wanted.Krystle answered all our questions. She also provided us a packet with pricing details, vendor recommendations and more. We are new to wedding planning so we had many follow up questions. Krystle answered them all very clear and detailed.

After booking we met the rest of the team Lauren and Amanda who provided us with more helpful information and tips. Lauren took the time to call me to share in my excitement. The gesture made me feel so special.

Booking our wedding with the team at The Sterling has been so easy and exciting. I can’t wait to continue to work together and plan our dream wedding!

Sent on 10/08/2020

The Sterling's reply:

Hi Karlyn!

Hearing your excitement makes the Arrowhead family so happy! We can't wait to be a small part of the big day! We know its going to be a fun planning process!

-Lauren and The Sterling team!

Lydia Penberthy · Getting married on 09/18/2021

Remaining optimistic

My fiancé and I got engaged last October and knew The Sterling was “the one” as soon as we saw what the final product was going to look like actually. Right off the bat their staff treated us with kindness and compassion and not just like any other customer. Krystal was so welcoming and patient with our questions. Even though our date is a ways away they have been quick to respond to our questions via email surrounding COVID uncertainties. We can sleep at night knowing their staff will take care of us through all these challenging times!

Sent on 10/08/2020

The Sterling's reply:

Hi Lydia,

The Arrowhead team is so excited to be hosting your big day! We know it is going to be absolutely magical!!

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

The Sterling Pricing

The Sterling Price Rates

The Sterling FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Linens
    Parking
    Set Up
    Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Cake Cutting
    Server(s)
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service?
    $ 19
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    Bartender(s)
    House Beer
    House Wine
    Open Bar
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Banquet Hall
    Country/Golf Club
    Garden
    Loft
    Waterfront
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
    Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Elopements
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Bar Services
    Outside Vendors
    Pet Friendly
    Set Up
    Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
    Cocktail Reception
    Hors d'oeuvres
    Outside Cake
    Plated
    Server(s)
    Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Specialty Beer
    Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available?
    Altar/Arch
    Chairs
    Dance Floor
    Decor
    Furniture
    Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January

Team of The Sterling

Krystle Hanson

Krystle Hanson

Wedding & Event Sales Director

I love love! Seeing couples light up when they see our venues for the first time is the highlight of my job.

I love all puppers! I have two huskies and one rescue pup that give the best kisses and snuggles. Favorite menu item: Everything! But if I had to decide I would choose the aged mac n cheese (I'm a soul food type of gal)

Sarah Desmone

Sarah Desmone

Wedding & Special Events Coordinator

My favorite part of the job is when I send my Timberlodge couples down the aisle to finally tie the knot - it's always such a magical moment.I'm obsessed with all things sweets, so I love when couples go outside of the box for their dessert by having a donut wall or cake pops (pls save me one) Our appetizers are to die for, but the BBQ meatballs are my favorite! On the side, I have fun by designing cute Buffalo gear for game day! #BillsMafia

Amanda Werner

Amanda Werner

Wedding & Special Events Coordinator

Watching the first few moments after couples walk away from the ceremony area before the bridal party/photographers catch up makes me melt. I'm a sucker for those small, but loud moments.

I LOVE snow. So naturally, I had a winter wedding in all of it's crisp and sparkly glory.My favorite menu item is the Aged Cheddar Mac N Cheese. I've been working on getting the secret recipe out of Chef, but so far no luck..

View team

• 12292 Clarence Center Rd. Akron, NY, 14001 See on map
    (716) 542-4653 (Phone number)
    Location of (The Sterling)