The Riverview

Simsbury, CT View map

• Theresa
    Theresa B. Married on 05/30/2021

Wedding 5.30.21

From the moment we drove up to The Riverview and stepped inside, it was stunning. We visited numerous venues and The Riverview was our last venue we visited and we knew it was the place we wanted to get married at. The staff is very friendly and we met with Maureen our first visit and she’s great. She definitely sold us on the place. The venue is so well maintained and beautiful. They have 2 ballrooms, one on each side with separate bathrooms. We got married during COVID when the restrictions were just starting to lift right beforehand so we were actually the only wedding there that day. Adam was our wedding coordinator who is very friendly and attentive. He made sure all the details were taken care of. It was pouring on my wedding day but we were still able to get married outside under their tent. Adam was very communicative via email even at midnight the night before the wedding when I was worried about the rain and the tent. The day of the wedding I had 2 personal bridal attendants who were amazing, they made sure I had something to drink and eat right after the wedding ceremony during cocktail hour when we were taking family photos. They also tended to us through out the whole reception. Our bridal suite also had refreshments and hot hors d’oeuvres. Adam also made sure my parents and family were well taken care of through out the wedding day. My guests raved about the food both during cocktail hour and the reception. They fully enjoyed the open bar and also complimented on the wedding cake which is included in their wedding package. We also did the ice cream sundae bar which was a hit and an exit station of breakfast sandwiches for the guests on their way out of the wedding. The staff takes care of all your decorations and also packs everything up for you at the end of the night. The Riverview really knows how to take care of you and makes sure your wedding goes off without a hitch. Thank you Maureen, Adam and all the staff at The Riverview for an unforgettable wedding!
    Nicole Married on 01/30/2021

Amazing venue!!

I was looking for an elegant indoor venue to hold my winter wedding that also fit our price tag. The Riverview 1000% delivered!! They were so accommodating with Covid as well as providing discounts and little extras since our day was during the off season. We had everything all in one place so we never once worried about having to pin down vendors or look elsewhere. My event manager, Kayla, was amazing as well as the day of bridal attendants, waitstaff, bartenders, etc. I never once worried about anything because I was so confident that Kayla and her team took care of anything. Both my husband and I would highly recommend the Riverview and I know all of our guests also had nothing but good things to say.
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 12/15/2019

Stunning Venue!

My husband and I just got married a week ago at The Riverview and can't say enough great things about it! When originally looking into venues, we knew we didn't want a "Christmas threw up" kind of feeling - you know, tons of red and green, Christmas party vibes, even though we were getting married ten days before the holiday. The Riverview decorated tastefully outside and in the lobby, but doesn't do anything for the actual parts where you get married and celebrate, which I appreciated so I could decorate it to fit our needs and wants! Our coordinator got changed a couple times throughout the year, but we handled it in stride and put our faith in the fact that we were in good hands - and that was so true! Adam ended up being our coordinator and he was amazing, even though we only dealt with him for a few weeks leading up to the wedding. He made sure everything went smoothly and communicated whatever we needed to his assistant and two bridal attendants, who also accompanied us the entire day. All the details were correct the day of our wedding - from placement of our special tables to the uplighting we chose for dinner and dancing. They even cut nice big pieces of our cake for us to enjoy. I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful place to get married and celebrate, anytime of year! We had our ceremony inside and it went seamlessly and was more beautiful than you probably imagine an indoor ceremony is. The pictures are also gorgeous by the beautiful river, despite being December! Thank you Maureen, Adam, and all the rest of the amazing staff!!

Real Weddings

• Lauren & Pat
    23 photos · 05/27/2018

10 Winslow Place Simsbury, CT, 06089
Location of (The Riverview)

Other vendors in Hartford for your wedding

Wedding Venues