1 Nod Road, Avon, CT 06001 Map · Phone number
Guest capacity 30 to 220
Availability Check your date
  • Pricing

About The North House

The North House, a 250 year old Connecticut gem which has always been a cherished social landmark, is also one of the state’s most sought after event venues.

The “Belle Ballroom” immediately impresses its guests from the columned porte-cochere, to the grand foyer with sweeping staircase and crystal chandelier. Traditional, sophisticated style is present throughout. The beautiful brick terrace with custom pergola provides a stunning backdrop for an outdoor ceremony. Richly painted walls, shining guilded mirrors. ivory linens, chiavari chairs, gleaming silver place settings and sparkling stemware heighten the superb five star dining experience in the Belle Ballroom.

This venue is owned by the Chabot family who own Farmington Gardens. This was formerly Belle Terrace and Avon Old Farms Inn.

Follow The North House on

The North House 2
The North House 3
The North House 4

Brian · Married on 10/13/2018

The perfect venue for a night you'll never forget!

Picking out a wedding venue to host the most important day of my life was quite stressful. Luckily for us, The North House was recommended by a friend, so we added it to the list of venues to visit. When we walked in, we both fell in love with it immediately, it was even better than we expected, as it was just renovated with beautiful white marble floor making it a gorgeous modern ballroom with a rustic atmosphere in the attached tavern.
    With our wedding date only 6 months out, I was nervous and stressed. It’s not like I plan a wedding every day, so what do I know about the planning process? My fears and worries went away after we started working with Jacqui who is AMAZING! I feel like I had a million questions for her, and she was able to answer them quickly. I was amazed by how organized she is. At the end of each of our meetings, she followed up with notes and outstanding action items. She was also a huge help with our timeline and working with our vendors. We added a last-minute change to the sequence of events the day before and she updated all our vendors, so everyone was aware of the change and it worked out perfectly. Also, don’t be afraid to throw challenges at her with your requests! She will do whatever she can to accommodate. My husband told me that our wedding is not happening without craft beer, so Jacqui got us craft beer!
    We celebrated our beautiful wedding day with 123 guests. Our cocktail hour was perfect, the room has an elegant staircase that provides a beautiful photo opportunity and allowed me to have an unforgettable grand entrance to our cocktail hour. The bar was pouring our signature cocktails that were perfectly balanced and the passed hors d'oeuvres were hot and delicious. The choices they have for hors d'oeuvres, entrees, and dessert cupcakes are numerous which allowed us to select something we knew our most picky eaters would enjoy. They also have options for gluten free guests and had no problem creating one off entrees for guests with complicated dietary restrictions. The food was simply delicious!
    After dinner, the dance floor was open, and we had a late-night fire-pit with smores in the outdoor patio while our DJ kept the energy high with nonstop dancing in the ballroom. At the end of the night we had a sparkler send off. All our friends and family made their way to the front entrance where the staff was prepared handing out sparklers. When it was time, we both had a magical exit under a sea of sparks on our way to the hotel. Their proximity to the hotel is also a win in our book. This also made the North House the perfect location for our rehearsal dinner. The ambiance was spectacular with the private dining room, rustic ambiance, wide variety of craft beer, delicious creative cocktails and meals that our guests are still raving about. We have a few guests who made several return visits to The North House for brunch the next day after the wedding and in months since as the food and service have left a positive impression.
    Our wedding was our perfect day. The North House was by far the best decision we made. It’s comforting to work with people who are experienced, and you can trust. We continue to look back on our wedding day fondly and are overjoyed with how the day went. I keep telling Jacqui that I want to relive the entire day again! We would like to thank The North House, Jacqui, and the wonderful staff for making the whole experience, everything we wished it would be and more! XOXO

Sent on 07/13/2019

The North House's reply:

Brian and Ela, thank you so much for this amazing review. You two were such a delight to work with and I am so happy to hear how amazing your very special day was with us here at The North House. Keep in touch!!! XoXo Jacqui

Caroline · Married on 05/27/2018

My husband and I got married at The North House this past May and we can only say AMAZING things about this venue and its staff. Jacqui, the events coordinator, is simply fantastic. She is on top of everything, extremely easy to get in touch with and makes it clear you are always a priority. She made the planning process easy and stress free, which was much appreciated since I was planning a wedding from afar due to school! She was so patient with me and my schedule, and always kept my mother, who was in state, in the loop. Everything leading up to the big day was seamless and our wedding day went off without a hitch.

Wedding day. My bridal party and I arrived here in the morning to get ready at the venue using their bridal suite upstairs. It was a lovely and relaxed atmosphere with a small menu of snacks available, which we utilized and snacked on throughout the day! The large amount of natural light was perfect while we got our hair and makeup done. It was the perfect place to get ready, especially on a rainy day. We had hoped to have our ceremony outside, but with the weather it wasn't going to happen. This was no issue because The North House has a plan for everything! We ended up getting married on the staircase in the foyer and it was absolutely breathtaking. Jacqui made sure the bridal party had gone through both indoor and outdoor options in case of weather during the rehearsal, which prevented any snafus when the weather pushed us inside.

Overall, our day was perfect. The schedule was down to a science and things went smoothly from ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception. We are still getting compliments on the food from the wedding! We cannot say enough great things about this venue. In what can be a very stressful time, they make every effort to keep their brides and grooms relaxed and stress free- from booking the venue through wedding day. Thank you so much for helping make our wedding such an amazing and special day!!

The North House 5
    The North House 6
    The North House 7
    The North House 8
    Sent on 07/03/2018

The North House's reply:

Caroline, I am SO HAPPY to hear how wonderful your special day was. That is our number one goal here :) It was such a pleasure working with you and your family throughout the entire planning process! I wish you all the very best! All my love! Jacqui

The North House Pricing