Millwrights Restaurant

Simsbury, CT View map

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Historic Building
Loft
Restaurant

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party

What catering services do you offer?

Cocktail Reception
Dessert
Hors d'oeuvres
Plated
Server(s)
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

• Lydia
    Lydia M. Married on 11/01/2020

Perfect Location for an Intimate Wedding Reception

When my husband and I were planning our wedding, we knew we wanted to keep it intimate, meaningful, and local. We’ve dined at Millwrights several times before and knew the food would both impress and satisfy our guests. From the second we entered their barn-like loft, we knew this was the spot. Overlooking the waterfalls, bridge, and beautiful dining room below, it was the perfect romantic setting for our January wedding of 50 guests. The staff took great care ensuring that all of our requests were met with ease. Kristi Rudolph, the event manager, especially went above and beyond to not only be present for our reception but to ensure the flow of everything was perfect. She helped us design a menu to accommodate gluten-free and vegan guests and even opened the restaurant early so that my husband and I could take photos on the property and our family members could set up for the reception. Kristi was so dedicated to helping us have a wonderful experience and was hands-on during our event helping with everything from hanging twinkle lights to playing music from our playlists.
    Many of our GF + Vegan friends commented on how shocked they were that they could actually eat at a wedding. We even had several pregnant guests and the bartenders happily whipped up unique mocktails for the mothers-to-be. Our guests devoured the LOBSTER ROLLS (SO AMAZING), bacon-wrapped dates, and the hummus was a hit with everyone. The cauliflower soup was to die for and the steaks, salmon, and cauliflower entrees were out of this world. No one ever waited for drinks, and the positive and fun vibes of the entire staff truly added to our whole night. Everyone warned me that I might not eat at my wedding — not at Millwrights. My husband and I were served first for every course, and I happily ate every bite! In a party of 50 guests, several with food allergies, there wasn’t a single meal sent back to the kitchen. It speaks to the quality of the overall restaurant and their vast experience in cooking for events. So many people commented afterward that is was hands-down the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding, and I couldn’t agree more. But it wasn’t just the food, it was the whole setting and positive environment and staff that created the wedding of our dreams. We ate, we drank, we danced — and we can’t wait to return for dinner to relive our special day. Thank you for everything, Kristi, Vanessa, and Millwrights!

77 West St Simsbury, CT, 06070
Location of (Millwrights Restaurant)

Other vendors in Hartford for your wedding

Wedding Venues