About The Prop Shop Party Rentals

Come Join the Party!

Make your wedding and reception perfect with The Prop Shop Party Rentals!  Whether your ceremony is indoors or out, we will create an atmosphere of elegance and personal distinction.

Categories: Wedding Rental

Flatware (1)
Glassware (1)
Linens (1)

0.5

I would not recommend this company at all. It’s difficult to express how much distaste I have for a company whose business practices are so shady and immoral even if not straight up illegal.
The tent we rented was acceptable and I can’t complain about the quality of tables, chairs, etc. But I will complain about them going back on their word about setting up and tearing down the event. Per the initial conversation with Holly, setting up the tables and chairs would be no problem at all. However, after making our payment and with the wedding right around the corner their “policy” suddenly changed. We were told that they didn’t offer set up or take down during their peak times and we’d have to make other arrangements. Luckily, after a discussion with the venue they reluctantly agreed to perform the task they had originally said would be no problem.
And finally, the shadiest part of the whole deal. After everything was said and done, while we were on our honeymoon, they sent an email telling us they were missing, 47 knives, 30 some odd linen napkins, some forks and a few plates. We checked with our caterer once we got home and got in touch with the venue, neither of them had seen the missing items. Now, I don’t know about you, but I have no need for 47 additional knives at my house, nor do I need 1, let alone 30, linen napkins. And while I hate to speak for all of our guests, I can’t picture any of them huddling in a corner conspiring to steal these items. After sending us an invoice, they charged our debit card over $500 without notification or permission. That is just a shady business practice.
I urge you to stay away from this company. There are too many other rental companies in Richmond that hopefully don’t make it a standard practice of lying to and stealing from their clients.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lights, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Clean Up, Delivery, Setup, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

chardonnay was great to work with!!!

Profile Picture User7407140, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

The Prop Shop Party Rentals were a great vendor for our wedding at the New Kent Winery. Their staff was very friendly and helped us hand select our rentals so that our wedding reception looked exactly how we wanted. Their pricing is very reasonable, which was great for our strict budget. Finally, their coordination with our Catering company for set up of the rentals in the wedding reception tent was fantastic and beyond what we expected. Thank you for all your hard work!

Profile Picture Kirtana, 9/26/15, 8 Reviews

Barware
Chocolate Fountain
1 AWARD

6 ENDORSEMENTS
Need rentals? Why pay the caterer to set it all up. Let the Prop Shop Party Rentals help you with everything from linens to tents. The professional staff can help you with item selections to quantities needed for your wedding event.

The Prop Shop does not just have the ordinary tables and chairs (but they have these) - they have special items that will make your wedding unique and special - all of the little touches that will make your guests remember your special day with a great big smile. Love these guys. Peggy Snead, Owner, Apple Blossom Plantation

Fantastic folks with beautiful props and Linens to make your event the best!!! We've enjoyed a great relationship with them for over 20 years! The people are super happy to help make your day truly the best !!

You need it, The Prop Shop's got it. Relaxed and professional, timely and detailed.

Events