231 RIVER STREET, North Adams, MA 01247 Map · Phone number
Guest capacity 2 to 125
Availability Check your date

About The Porches Inn at Mass MoCA

The Porches Inn at Mass MoCA is a cultural venue in the Albany, New York area. Couples will find an eclectic collection of industrial and vintage styles at this venue, located across from the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art. Just steps from the Hoosic River, this venue is a little over an hour drive from Albany.

Facilities and Capacity
As many as 125 guests can join couples at The Porches Inn at Mass MoCA. Couples will find outdoor and indoor options at the inn. Ceremonies can be held in the gardens at the top of the hill behind the venue. Within the woodland garden is the gazebo, fitted with electricity and Wifi. Indoor options include The Board Room, a cozy space with blackboard walls, The Breakfast Room, adjacent to the front porch and filled with natural light, and Building 7. Building 7 appeals to art lovers, as its walls are covered in contemporary art as they stretch up to meet 20-foot ceilings.

The staff at the inn works with couples to make their wedding dreams a reality. The venue offers the following services:

• Accommodations
  • Parking
  • Setup
  • Tables

Accommodation
No two rooms are alike at The Porches Inn at Mass MoCA. Each room and suite offers unique layouts, decor and color palettes. Some offer loft spaces while others boast a private porch. Each is cozy and relaxed for a good night's rest after celebrating a wedding.

Follow The Porches Inn at Mass MoCA on

Pie
3631f4cf8c2180b7 porches 2

3 Reviews for The Porches Inn at Mass MoCA

Emma · Married on 09/23/2017

I have been planning a wedding to take place very soon, much sooner than the standard wedding industry timeline. At the last minute our venue fell through. I have family from all across the world coming so not having a location for hotels etc., became a big issue. I reached out to multiple venues around the area desperately to try and find a new place for my wedding with less than 100 day to go.

Jill Drummond with the Porches called in response to my email literally within 20 minutes. She was the only person to respond. She was so excited for us and empathetic about our situation. After our initial conversation to go over the basics and learn more about us literally within 10 minutes I had received a very thorough and personal email with all of the information we would need to make this happen very quickly. Later in the day she followed up her email with a contract for us to go over so we would have as much time as possible to study it. Throughout her busy day she responded to each of my emails immediately and with care, sending links to local vendors for us to use and clearly articulating the ways in which she would be assisting us should we have our at The Porches. The next day I had some medical issues come up and did not have a chance to follow up with her. I received an email from Jill in the middle of the day saying that if The Porches booked up while we were dealing with family logistics she had multiple ideas for other places that she had been brainstorming over night. I honestly believe that she had been problem solving and thinking about my wedding more than I had in the previous 24 hours.

In the end a friend came through for us and let us use our land for our wedding, but I cannot imagine a better person to work with for planning an event. Had I know about The Porches sooner I would have always planned on having my wedding there. Jill is the ideal person to have helping with your wedding. I give them and her 5 stars on everything. Thank you Jill!!

Sent on 06/17/2017

Mary · Married on 09/10/2016

My husband and I stayed at The Porches on our wedding night last September and LOVED our room. We looked at a lot of hotels in the area for our guests to stay at and The Porches is by far the nicest. Even though we had our wedding in Williamstown, not North Adams, we still recommended The Porches to our guests because it is head and shoulders above the other hotel options in both towns. The beds are dreamily comfortable, the decor is modern yet cozy at the same time, and our suite could not have been nicer. We are looking forward to returning!

Sent on 06/24/2017

The Porches Inn at Mass MoCA's reply:

Dear Mary,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed the overall comfort and Porches experience. I am grateful that you feel you can recommend us without hesitation. Although I was not the Sales Coordinator at the time of your celebration, please assure your friends and family that the team we have in place currently is equally committed to providing the best, and wonderfully memorable experience from one's initial contact through the entire process to include your event and your lodging.

We look forward to seeing you and Ryan again upon a future visit to the area. Please make sure to stop in and say hello!

Kindly,

Jill Drummond, Sales Coordinator
    Porches Inn at MASS MoCA

2.4
      2.5

We stayed at The Porches Inn at MASS MoCA for the weekend (two nights). We recommended our guests and wedding party to stay here as well. They have one thing going for them- the location. We found that the rooms were a bit expensive, but were willing to splurge for our wedding. Initially, everything seemed great. We toured the property several times and were told that we could informally use the building in the back after the wedding as well as invite guests to enjoy the fire pit in the evening. The week before the wedding, I received notice that we could not do this and I had to make last minute alternative plans. At that late notice, it really put us in a difficult position. We did not have an after party. As well, my mom delivered our guest bags on Friday afternoon. Several guests had arrived in the earlier in the day (about 4-5 rooms). I asked if they could send those bags to the rooms already checked in and they said that they could with a $5 service fee per room! We were basically renting out the entire place for the weekend at TOP rates. The least they could do was deliver 4-5 bags within a 2 minute walking distance from the front desk. To end on a high note, they delivered what my uncle called excellent coffee to their room on Saturday morning.

Sent on 07/02/2013

The Porches Inn at Mass MoCA FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 1,500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 500.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Chairs
    Clean Up
    Parking
    Set Up
    Tables
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Historic Building
    Inn/B&B
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
  • What event services do you offer?
    Accommodations
    Cake
    Clean Up
    Event Planner
    Get Ready Rooms
    Set Up
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking