1520 Washington Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63103 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About The Pearl at Element Events

The Pearl at element events. is a wedding venue located in St. Louis, Missouri, also serving the surrounding region. This historic, indoor spot in downtown St. Louis offers couples a one-of-a-kind space to host their wedding events.

Founded by Derek Schulze, Element Events provides two gathering spaces for community to basque in the joys of life. We do this by providing all the amenities to make your day special. Every component plays into making this the event of your lifetime. The hospitality of our staff, the culinary brilliance of our food, and the sites of our city all lay the foundation for an unforgettable experience. Let us do the hard work, and you do what's more important; Enjoy.

Facilities and Capacity
Whether you plan to have a small or large event, this venue features an ideal setting. Couples may host up to 1,000 of their loved ones for their wedding ceremonies, receptions, and other events. Their open floor plan provides couples with the ability to look out across their entire celebration so that they won't miss a single moment. Floor-to-ceiling windows also make the space feel even more open, though couples may choose to cover the windows should they want more privacy. The Pearl also offers you a space that may be easily transformed to fit any wedding theme you have.

This venue wants to make sure you have a phenomenal and memorable time, so they offer many services to keep your celebration as free of stress as possible. An on-site venue coordinator is available, who will help you plan and coordinate your wedding event so that you can focus on enjoying one of the best days of your life. In addition, the venue can help couples staying in the area with room, meal, and adventure plans to make their time even more unforgettable. You may choose in-house or outside catering. The Pearl also offers the following:

• Getting ready rooms
  • Lighting
  • Stage
  • Security
  • Tables/linens
  • Chairs

Cuisine
Derek Schulze helped put together the venue's catering menu to highlight impressive, delicious dishes. You may choose from three different catering packages, which include hors d’oeuvres and plated dishes, such as St. Louis-style fried catfish, eggplant parmesan, and Nashville-style hot chicken, and much more. Couples may also take advantage of the Pearl's full-service bar. There are three different drinking packages from which to choose. Services include bartenders, a champagne toast, hand-crafted cocktails, and an open bar with beer, wine, and liquor.

Follow The Pearl at Element Events on
dsc 0837 hdr edit orig 51 1046453

2 Reviews for The Pearl at Element Events

Stacious Baker · Married on 08/31/2019

Unprofessional, unsafe and unreliable

April 24th, I contacted Ashley regarding event space for our 30th Class Reunion. She advised over the phone they had 2 locations that may fit the events we have planned for our 30th Class Reunion.
    a. The Woodland – 2000.00 – Price originally quoted from Ashley)
    b. The Pearl – 3000.00 (Price originally quoted from Ashley)

April 25th, 11”45am - I contacted Ashley to set an appointment to view event space. I left work early this day and met Ashley at The Woodland and Brooke was present. They took me on a tour of “The Woodland” event space. Next, I followed them (Ashley and Brooke) to “The Pearl & Grotto” event space at 1520 Washington Avenue in the Ely Walker Building. As we were touring the site, Brooke began to quote different prices. I advised Brooke of the communication with Ashley and I and the previous price quoted. Brooke said that was fine and that she would send a proposal for “The Pearl and Grotto” event spaces. I advised both Brooke and Ashley that the Pearl was much more appealing for the banquet. Brooke agreed to send the quote the following day.

April 26th, Instead of receiving a Proposal, price discrepancies and included a proposal, however, every email for Ashley, Derek and Brooke failed. I was unable to communicate via email or send a response.

April 27th, I sent Ashley a text via cellphone to advise her of the undeliverable emails. Ashley apologized and requested I send the communication to her personal email. craftedevents@hotmail.com

Since April 27th, I have communicated via text or spoken with Ashley, however, I haven’t received a commitment in writing.

April 29 – Present – We are searching for Owners or Company for the event space. However I don’t want to taint my relationship with Ashley and Brooke, I have continued to be patient. I also continued to reach out to Ashley to express an interest in “the Pearl” event space. I have advised if she has information to share to please contact me.

Monday, May 6th, I texted Ashley and advised that lack of communication has been extremely odd and if there is information to share, please let me know. Ashley and I talked on the phone and she reassured me that I should receive a proposal by end of day May 7th.

Tuesday May 7th, I received a text and pictures for an event that was at “The Pearl” Saturday, May 4th. We had previously discussed the Prom event. I sent Ashley a text to ask could we meet to view the venue on Thursday, May 9th. Another class committee member will be in town and she would like a viewing to help bring our event to life.

May 8th, Another Class Committee member and myself met Brook and Ashley at 1520 Washington (The Pearl) for an onsite visit of the event space and to go over details for our event. Ashley advised us that there were 4 partners in the space. Brooke, Ashley and her partner and Derek. We were pleased with the new negotiations and finalized our contract on May 8th. Paid our Deposit of 2095.93 on May 10th.

June 12, 2019 I emailed the group about Tableware for our event. As we would soon begin working with our Design Coordinator. I received an email reply from Brooke that she and Ashley had parted ways with Derek Schulze. I was concerned because I've never met Derek and we only have communicated via email.

June 12th received response from Derek with Tableware selections, however, I replied that I had never met him and needed to meet him ASAP and sent him a list of my previous concerns. He agreed to meet me Sunday June 23rd at 11am

Friday June 21st, I drove by the event space and observed the Front Door boarded up and one of the Windows boarded up and damage to other windows.

Sunday, June 23rd. I text Derek to confirm our meeting. No response, however, due to importance of the meeting. My fiance' went to the event space anyway. Derek was a no show. I text him and let him know we arrived. At approx. 11:30am, he text back and said that he needs to reschedule. I told him that was unacceptable. He said downtown is crazy right now and he recently had 2 Life threatening events and he is currently traumatized. He advised he has a restaurant called "Fried" (A cannabis themed restaurant) that also experienced some sort of violence, but he wasn't specific.

After researching the internet it appers on June 15th or 16th approx. 1am. The Pearl Event Space at the Ely Walker Building was damaged due to a Drive by shooting. I found no incident online regarding his other establishment at approx. 1320 Washington Ave.

I requested a Refund and contacted the Owner of the Ely Walker Building Dr. Sonny Saggar and gave him a breakdown of the events that had occurred. At approximately 4pm. Derek refunded our money via PayPal.

He never picked up the phone to apologize. He would only text. He did not respect our time by cancelling in advance.
    I do not recommend using this space for any reason. It's odd that his establishments are being targeted.

I have emails, receipts and text messages. If you need to reach me please do so at 904-405-9526. Sincerely Stacious Baker.

Sent on 06/24/2019