Avon by the Sea, NJ 07717 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About The Markows

We are a husband and wife team based out of Central NJ. We met when we were 12 years old and have been married since we were 21. We've always done everything together, and we grew into being wedding photographers together as well. Our style is a mix of photo journalism and cinematic portraits, but mostly its just us being there and ready for any possible situation so that you can relax and enjoy your day with no worries.

37 Reviews for The Markows

• Melissa

Melissa Murphy · Married on 04/27/2019

Gorgeous photos by two super talented artists

I had been following The Markows photography for quite some time. I love that they capture raw emotions and aren't afraid of taking risks to get creative photos/angles . After having a consult with them and my now husband we loved their portfolio and overall vibe (they like to be flies on the wall, quietly clicking away). Our special day was seamless thanks to them. Not only did The Markows capture all our amazing memories, they helped guide us with recommendations for timeline and other vendors. Getting to relive our wedding through their beautiful photos, getting to see the special moments that happened around us, its overwhelming- It really validates how lucky we were in choosing The Markows.

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/07/2018

We love the Markows!

First - we would like to apologize for how late we are with this review because Julianne and Steve did an amazing job. The Markows were one of the first vendors we booked. I don’t think we even had our venue picked out yet, but we were sold as soon as we saw their work online. Our engagement photos and wedding photos are truly incredible and Julianne and Steve were so awesome to work with. I am usually very self-conscious in front of a camera, but these two really have a way of making you feel comfortable in your own skin. We still can’t get over how perfect our wedding photos turned out - we’re having a VERY difficult time picking out our favorites. The Markows really captured every important moment and emotion that we went through on our wedding day and every time we look at our photos we get to relive all of it. We can’t thank them enough for that. Highly HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 01/05/2019

Jenna · Married on 07/14/2018

I don’t even know where to begin with Julianne & Steve. They are not only some of the coolest/chillest people, they are also some of the most talented. I mean, just check out their Instagram and it will blow your mind. I was a very hands on bride, but with them, I trusted them & let them do their thing, and boy did it pay off. They somehow can make any setting beautiful, as well as have their couples look like models (and not super awkward which is what I was originally worried about). It’s obvious that they genuinely love what they do, which clearly comes through in their portfolio & work that they create. They were by far one of our most talented vendors that we worked with, and we can’t recommend them to enough people.

I can guarantee you one thing: you will NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 09/25/2018

• Essential Sounds Entertainment
    Essential Sounds Entertainment Wedding DJs

Juli & Steve are simply some of the kindest, most passionate and talented photographers that I've had the pleasure of working with. Their style is very laid back, a breath of fresh air for people not wanting to be controlled throughout their entire wedding day. They work seamlessly with the other professionals and whenever I see their names as the listed photographers for the day I breathe a sigh of relief knowing that wedding is going to be a smoothly run event. They are truly some of the best in the industry and we are very thankful to call them friends. Juli and Steve should be your top choice for photography on your big day!

• Rev. Jill Dillner
    Rev. Jill Dillner Wedding Officiants

Julianne's photography is stunning! While I have never worked with her as a vendor, I did perform her wedding. She has a real eye for her craft. Check her out and see for yourself.