The Inner Light Photography and Design

Coldwater, Michigan View map
$2,500 Most Popular Price

$2,500 Most Popular Price

I'm Kim, a documentary lifestyle and wedding photographer based in Southern Michigan. I live in a house nestled in the woods full of love and life. I'm a mama to three boys and a wife to my amazing husband Corey! Corey is also my second shooter and assistant for weddings. We are weird, sarcastic, laid back and work together like we have telepathy. We never view photographing someone's day as a job. It's our passion, it's where we create and have fun together.

My approach to my photography is simply to create amazing images infused with beautiful light and emotion. I'm a quiet relaxed person and I think that allows me to capture photos that are thoughtful and artistic. I want your REAL life, the messy, crazy imperfection, the beautiful moments that happen in between. I strive for honesty in my photographs, and the best way for me to capture that is just to let go of expectations and embrace whats happening no matter what.

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$1,500

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

2nd Shooter
One Event / Day
Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$2,500

2nd Shooter
One Event / Day
Digital Files

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Engagement Shoot
Second Shooter

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Canvas
Matted Prints
Prints

Maia G. Married on 08/06/2021

Amazing people and photographers!

Kim and Corey made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera as soon as we met them, and the photos turned out just phenomenal- beyond capturing the "typical" wedding photos, they caught so many beautiful moments and emotions throughout our day that we will forever cherish. As a 2020 couple, Kim and Corey were so flexible and understanding as we navigated adjusting our plans in COVID times. We know this is a difficult time for couples and vendors alike, and we were so appreciative of their patience and flexibility. We can't wait for them to capture our postponed wedding reception next year as well!
  • Yasamin
    Yasamin Married on 08/24/2019

Simply Incredible

My fiance and I are getting married in Chicago, but we wanted to do our engagement photos in Ann Arbor, MI where we met. My friend used Inner Light Photography for her wedding, so upon her recommendation, we booked them for our engagement shoot.

Honestly, Kim's photos rival some of the best that we've seen in Chicago. (Our parents cannot stop commenting on the quality of the photography.) I've had many photos taken of me over the years by various photographers, and I've never felt more confident and beautiful than I did working with Kim. My fiance hates having his photo taken, but even he had so much fun during the shoot.

After spending hours searching for a Michigan photographer, I feel confident in saying that Inner Light Photography is in a league of their own. We would absolutely recommend them without hesitation!
  • Aimee
    Aimee Married on 07/29/2018
    Kim and Corey are the perfect mix of kind-hearted/calm and talented/unique.

Working with them as an international couple- many things could have been difficult.

But not with these two. We emailed, we shared inspirations and boards and stories, and we even skyped! Everything was timely and organized and incredibly clear from the beginning. I felt very secure booking these two.

The wedding day came and everything started out as planned. Corey put up with a huge group (over 10) of mostly German men who had never been in a wedding and do not know our culture- but his getting ready captures were still as classic as could be (what I wanted-cue the groom getting ready pics) yet candid and natural. Kim came to us girls (we were at a different location!) and found all the best spots to get photos I couldn't even dream of- I am very pleased with the getting ready photos.

Then coming to Bay Pointe Inn for the first look pictures- things started to go not as planned. New rules and grumpier neighbors limited Kim and Corey's normal photography; Bay Pointe Inn was also surprised by these changes. Nevertheless, they improvised, and despite a bit of unforeseen stress and grumpy neighbors (I guess they must have had some bad experiences, you never know). Kim and Corey handled it with grace and got every single shot we could imagine, plus more! Working with our group was not easy, though I hope still a lot of fun, and the Inner Light Photography captured just that- our Inner Light.

We had so much fun with these two and the best part everything was natural and we weren't really taken away from our guests. It was flexible and the timing worked out perfect.

AND THEN WE GOT OUR PREVIEWS AND IF I COULD GIVE 10 STARS OUT OF FIVE FOR THEM I WOULD. True. Artists. For. Real. Capturing the exact essence of us- which is what we wanted most of all!

Thanks Kim and Corey! We will forever recommend you :).

136 W. Chicago Rd Coldwater, Michigan, 49036
Location of (The Inner Light Photography and Design)

Other vendors in Grand Rapids for your wedding