601 Main St, Saint Joseph, MI 49085 Map · Phone number

About The Heritage Museum & Cultural Center

The Heritage Museum is a beautiful and popular venue that can seat up to 200 people. Our room rental for a summer 2017 reception is $1400 plus an additional $10 per person based on your final count. Pricing includes room rental, tables, chairs, place settings, all table linens and set up of these items.

If you are looking for a ceremony site, we also offer the option of having your ceremony in the same space. Shepard Hall is set theater style and after the ceremony, your guests would move to our Upper Exhibit Gallery for a cocktail hour while the Museum staff resets Shepard Hall for your reception.

793721e02989f98f blog 101
793721e02989f98f blog 101

3 Reviews for The Heritage Museum & Cultural Center

Lyndsee · Married on 10/11/2014

Beautiful, classic venue allowing for upscale reception, needing little to no additional decorations. A year later, family and friends are still talking about the character of the venue. It is reasonably prices, and letting us select our own caterer and provide our own alcohol, was very cost effective. Highly recommend this venue to any and all friends getting married.

Sent on 01/18/2016

Amy and her event staff were amazing to work with. She did absolutely everything she could to ensure that our day went smoothe and as stress free as possible. We didn't have our ceremony there, but since it was set for outdoors, the Heritage Center was prepared to be a back up option should the weather not cooperate. The recreation hall is a beautiful canvas to create your vision. I couldn't be more happy!

Sent on 07/08/2014
  • Z

zoran · Married on 07/15/2017

2.4
      1.0
      3.0
      0.5

Let me start by saying, the venue itself is beautiful. There was little need to bring in much decor because the space has a lot to offer, including dramatic chandlers, wood flooring, bright natural lighting and a balcony. It is also very functional as we were able to have our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all in the same building. Unfortunately this is where my positive comments end. My experience with, Tammy, their events coordinator was the worst professional encounter I have ever had. MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS IN BLACK AND WHITE before signing a contract. When we booked Heritage, they had a different event coordinator (Amy) who was very accommodating. Fast forward to a few months before our wedding, Tammy and I were going over a few details when she told me that the extra hour (that we had paid $500 for) was not in our contract and that If I wanted it I would have to pay the $500 again! I spent no less than 3 hours with her over the course of 2 days fighting my case. We even pulled out old emails between Amy and myself stating very clearly that she had given us the hour for the price stated in the contract. And, still, they were going to make me pay for it again. She tried blaming liquor laws, and saying it was out of her control and at one point asked me, "why are you punishing me for something Amy said?" She was over all very unprofessional, making snide remarks and using sarcasm. It was awful. When all was said and done, she finally yelled at me to "just tell her what I want and she would give it to me." This added a lot of stress to an already stressful time. They will also nickle and dime you for your security deposit, so be ready to count it as money spent. Although I loved the venue, I would never host another event here nor do I recommend Heritage to anyone wishing to have hassle free planning.

Sent on 09/14/2017

The Heritage Museum & Cultural Center's reply:

Dear Zoran,
    My name is Lana DeFrancesco and I am the new Event Manager here at the Heritage Museum in St Joseph, MI. I have lived and worked in SJ all of my life and much of that time has been spent doing events for both paid-work and volunteer time. So it is with extremely pained eyes that I read your review. I want to personally apologize, and I mean a heartfelt apology, to you on behalf of the Heritage Museum. Tammy's behavior was unacceptable. She is no longer employed here at the Heritage because we now have the highest standards of care to offer our guests. So please know that we learned from that. I am still coming across fixes to mend that were broken by her behavior, which is also why I am so late in seeing your review. I did not even learn the Heritage was on Wedding Wire until just today.

I hope you can return one day to have an AWESOME experience here at the Heritage to help make better memories. Congratulations on your wedding and I hope you're having a lovely newlywed time! :)

Lana DeFrancesco, Events Manager at the Heritage.

The Heritage Museum & Cultural Center FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Chairs, Clean Up, Parking, Set Up
  • Describe your venue: Ballroom, Historic Building, Museum
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • What event services do you offer? Event Planner, Event Rentals, Lighting / Sound, Set Up
  • What event items are available? Centerpieces, Chairs, Chair Covers, Decor, Furniture, Tables
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access