P.O. Box 3998, Vail, CO 81658 Map · Phone number

About The Gourmet Cowboy

From casual to sophisticated, The Gourmet Cowboy has a menu and staff to fit your occasion. Weddings, corporate gatherings, outdoor events and in-home private dining, choose from a variety of popular bill of fares, or customize your own menu. And our staff has a longtime reputation for being friendly and courteous.

Currently owned and operated by Executive Chef Kipper Dorn & his wife Sarah Biggs, the Gourmet Cowboy stands alone as Vail's premier catering company.

Whether a group of 10 or 3,000, casual to sophisticated, weddings, corporate gatherings, outdoor events or in-home private dining, Kipper, Sarah & their team will work with you to create a menu that fits the event and offers a variety of options to appeal to all guests. Our philosophy that each event is different, and should be treated as such, drives us to create our events as we do.

Review our wedding gallery, menus, services and venue suggestions, or contact us to discuss your catering event needs 1.970.748.6898 or www.gourmet-cowboy.com

Follow The Gourmet Cowboy on

The Gourmet Cowboy 1
  • Rachel

Rachel Judd · Married on 08/04/2019

Fantastic Caterer

Sarah and Gourmet Cowboy did a fantastic job at hour wedding. Everyone was raving about the food, and I'm still thinking about the mini ahi tacos! Sarah was also our day of coordinator and handled the pouring rain beautifully. She got the chuppah inside and everything set up for an inside ceremony and never let me feel the stress. Cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 08/11/2019

Brooke Hodenfield · Married on 06/29/2019

Great food

Gourmet Cowboy had such amazing food. Our wedding guests can't stop talking about the food at our wedding. Sarah from Gourmet Cowboy was super easy to work with on planning our menu.

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 06/26/2018

This is going to be long but good. I'm an event planner in Denver so when I was planning my Marble, CO wedding I was nervous looking for a caterer out of my bubble. I found The Gourmet Cowboy here on wedding wire and reached out. From the start Sarah was amazing to work with. Realizing we had grown up in the same East Coast County it was meant to be. And the menu she put together (within my budget) was incredible. My parents flew in from the East Coast and we went to Minturn for a tasting. I can't compliment the hospitality enough; Sarah and Kipper were incredibly welcoming! The spread of food at the tasting was overwhelming and delicious. The rest of the process; menu changes, payments, day of planning was completed with ease. The day of services were impeccable!! I arrived after the ceremony to the reception and the staff was extremely genuine and helpful (they had a drink and snack ready and waiting for me). The customer service was top notch! The food was just as amazing as the tasting - the bacon wrapped scallops, veggie quesadilla, and stuffed mushrooms were some of my favorite apps. The meal started with a plated mixed berry summer salad (ahhhh-mazing) and the dinner was family style. The night wasn't complete until Kipper and his staff came out for a toast and applause. Hands down - amazing people, impeccable customer service and delicious food! I will gladly recommend The Gourmet Cowboy to everyone!! Thank you for making my wedding day complete!

Sent on 07/05/2018
    The Gourmet Cowboy 2

The Gourmet Cowboy FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service? $ 85.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service? $ 75.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations? $ 75.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres? $ 50.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your full service wedding catering? Set Up, Clean Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Server(s), Tastings, China, Linens, Flatware, Glassware
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast
  • What event services do you provide? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide? Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Stations, Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? American, Cajun, Italian, Mexican, Southwestern
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol