The Gourmet Cowboy Reviews

1 User photo

The Gourmet Cowboy 1
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 06/26/2018

This is going to be long but good. I'm an event planner in Denver so when I was planning my Marble, CO wedding I was nervous looking for a caterer out of my bubble. I found The Gourmet Cowboy here on wedding wire and reached out. From the start Sarah was amazing to work with. Realizing we had grown up in the same East Coast County it was meant to be. And the menu she put together (within my budget) was incredible. My parents flew in from the East Coast and we went to Minturn for a tasting. I can't compliment the hospitality enough; Sarah and Kipper were incredibly welcoming! The spread of food at the tasting was overwhelming and delicious. The rest of the process; menu changes, payments, day of planning was completed with ease. The day of services were impeccable!! I arrived after the ceremony to the reception and the staff was extremely genuine and helpful (they had a drink and snack ready and waiting for me). The customer service was top notch! The food was just as amazing as the tasting - the bacon wrapped scallops, veggie quesadilla, and stuffed mushrooms were some of my favorite apps. The meal started with a plated mixed berry summer salad (ahhhh-mazing) and the dinner was family style. The night wasn't complete until Kipper and his staff came out for a toast and applause. Hands down - amazing people, impeccable customer service and delicious food! I will gladly recommend The Gourmet Cowboy to everyone!! Thank you for making my wedding day complete!

The Gourmet Cowboy 2

Carol · Married on 07/15/2017

The Gourmet Cowboy was absolutely amazing! I really can't say enough about everything they had to offer. Sarah and her staff went above and beyond to make our daughter's wedding day a success! Not only the food, which was superb
    in every way, but their coordination of services! I don't know what we would have done without all of their help. Ann was fantastic to work with, knowing just what to do and when, organizing so many last minute things for us as we had more guests than we had planned! I want to personally thank them again! I would highly recommend the Gourmet Cowboy!!!

Ali · Married on 07/07/2017

Seriously - I don't have words to tell you how amazing Sarah and her team at GC were. Not only were we lucky enough to have the best wedding food I've literally ever had, but Sarah and her team also stepped in as my day of coordinator, helped to navigate a shut down gondola with lightning, 200 guests meandering around the patio, multiple movement of decor/tables/flowers etc based on cocktail hour, dinner, dancing etc. In fact she even was able to flip a bar to a cigar / whiskey popup after dinner seamlessly. If you even consider having a wedding in the Vail Valley area you would be foolish to not hire Gourmet Cowboy. I vetted multiple caterers in the area and she is and always will be the best. She treats every wedding as her own, her staff are INCREDIBLY professional and poised, she doesn't nickle and dime and lastly, she does it all with a calm, collected and clean perspective - which to be honest, I found so refreshing having been exposed to countless vendors in this industry now. The last thing I'll add that might give you a taste of how they operate - I added a late night french fry (its my favorite food) bar to my wedding but was having so much fun dancing I didn't eat any of the fries. The party ended and we were walking and one of Sarah's staff, Jane, came up to me and said I saved something for you - and presented me with a cone of french fries she had kept warm in the oven. There is no better caterer or vendor you will ever work with. Thank you again Sarah and Team!

Jacilyn & Jake · Married on 06/24/2017

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! From day one, Sarah was nothing but helpful, caring, sincere, genuine, professional, and exceeded our expectations in every way! We had some unique food requests and they tackled those requests head first. Sarah and Kipper made our day more perfect than we could have every imagined. Our guests continue to talk about the amazing service by them and their team. Highly Recommend!!!

• Anna

Anna · Married on 03/17/2017

Gourmet Cowboy went above and beyond to make our wedding day truly amazing! Sarah and Kipper did everything they could to make sure the menu was exactly how we wanted it and by everything, I mean everything! We had quite a few allergy and food restrictions and they made sure to accommodate them all! Most importantly, our guests couldn't stop raving about the meal and how delicious and savory everything tasted!

Besides just the amazing food, the service and professionalism was impeccable! I literally did not have to worry about anything because Sarah and her team had everything covered. Even things I hadn’t even thought of, they had it taken care of! They made sure everything was just perfect! I can’t thank them enough for making our special day a truly memorable experience! If you need a caterer for any event, big or small, Gourmet Cowboy will exceed your expectations and help make your event one to remember!

Erin · Married on 11/06/2016

I cannot say enough positive words about Sarah and her team at The Gourmet Cowboy. From the first time we spoke until after the wedding day, Sarah never missed a beat. My husband and I do not live in Colorado and most of the communication with Sarah was via email. She was the most responsive and supportive person throughout our entire wedding planning process! I have been in the hospitality business for the past 11 years and I do have high expectations for service, as I know how I would act in a situation. The first time we met Sarah face-to-face was during our wedding tasting a few months before the wedding. The tasting was beyond perfect and Sarah dedicated so much of her day with us to make sure that we were all on the same page. I highly recommend adding the Day Of services that Sarah provides, it made our entire wedding process so seamless and it was all because of her. The food was beyond phenomenal, everyone commented that it was the best food they have had at a wedding. We opted to serve our meal family style and had the Pepper Crusted Tenderloin & the Grilled Norwegian Salmon as the two entrees, everything was cooked to perfection. I would not recommend anyone else but Sarah and the Gourmet Cowboy to take care of you on your wedding day. Thank you, Sarah, for making everything perfect.

we loved working with them! We used them for our wedding and they were helpful every step of the way. The menu was flexible and full of variety. They were able to accommodate any dietary restriction and food preference. The food was also delicious!!!

Danielle · Married on 10/10/2015

I had pleasure of working with so many great vendors throughout our wedding-planning process, but none stand out more to me than The Gourmet Cowboy (TGC). My husband and I both work in the food industry and are self-proclaimed foodies who love entertaining and good food, so our choice of caterer was really important to us. Throughout my wedding planning process, Sarah from TGC became one of my most important assets. After we finalized the menu, appetizers, cocktails, etc., she was quick to offer help with things like rentals and venue layout. I ran countless questions by Sarah in the months before our wedding and she was always quick and thorough to respond. One decision that I regret in planning my wedding is that I hired a weekend-of coordinator right of way and did not spend a lot of time interviewing a lot of different people. In hindsight, if I had met Sarah before I met my other coordinator, I would have hired her in a heartbeat (TGC also offers coordination services). Not only is she professional, communicative and organized, but she knows Vail venues better than any outside coordinator you could bring in and I would strongly encourage other brides to vet all of their options and choose a coordinator who knows the venue well and already has a great relationship with your other vendors. Going into our wedding weekend, I was completely confident in the team at TGC and they did not disappoint. The service and staff was wonderful and our food was enjoyed by all. Sarah made sure that my husband and I got a chance to try all of the appetizers at cocktail hour and we were served our full meal right when everyone sat down for dinner to ensure we could spend time talking to all of our guests while they ate. Sarah and her team made sure that our families were also well taken care of, and my mom remarked to me after the wedding that she never had to worry about anything because Sarah was always right there to help. Our food was just as wonderful as we expected it to be.

renee · Married on 09/12/2015

We would definitely recommend using Gourmet Cowboy for your wedding. The food was wonderful, our guests raved about it. The staff was great. Sarah was an incredible help in coordinating our day. She helped take care of everything, big and small. We really can't thank her enough.

Laura · Married on 09/04/2015

Gourmet Cowboy was great to work with! They were very accommodating and friendly. We were very impressed with the food and our guests raved about how we had the best wedding food they'd ever had! I can't say enough good things! They did our rehearsal dinner and our wedding reception. It was well worth the money.

Tom, Sarah, Liz and the whole Gourmet Cowboy crew was amazing! They helped my wedding vision come to reality! I never knew if something went wrong, and the entire staff could not have been more friendly and professional on our big day! I also hired Sarah as the day of coordinator and she was incredible. She executed eve

We hired Gourmet Cowboy for appetizer and dinner services. From the moment we met with Sarah and team for the tasting to the actual wedding day, everyone was professional, helpful, responsive and friendly. They worked with us to really customize our menu and provided a lot of advice to help us make our catering decisions. The food came out quickly, had good portion sizes and was delicious. The appetizer, in particular, received rave reviews and helped keep people full and happy during our 90 minute cocktail hour. Sarah has many years of catering and planning experience and was a nice calm force throughout the process. We hired Sarah to be our day-of coordinator, which included several consultations in advance of the day. Hiring her was one of the best decisions we made and it truly allowed me to just enjoy the day. She informed me and asked questions when needed and let me enjoy the night when she could manage on her own. We also have really tight clean up times at our venue and she managed that well, getting everyone well prepared to close down the evening.

To be honest, I wanted to go with a different caterer early on in our wedding planning. This other caterer was fancy and his food was super good and he was also VERY expensive. My husband said no way - and we ended up with Gourmet Cowboy. I'm so glad we did! Everyone at our wedding raved about the food! My dad said he now likes salmon! They were also super flexible and cooked some late night snacks that we had shipped in from elsewhere.

Also, I have to say that if you're using Gourmet Cowboy for your catering, you should definitely contract Sarah as your day-of coordinator! She did an amazing job at and leading up to our wedding! During the planning process, my husband needed to be convinced of our need for a coordinator and now, he says it was totally worth it and Sarah was amazing! Thanks, guys, for all your hard work!!

We had such a positive experience with the Gourmet Cowboy. The Gourmet Cowboy team made planning easy -- highly responsive and incredibly organized. They also went out of their way to try and give us everything we wanted, while still staying within our budget. The food was wonderful all around -- they catered both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding.

Karolina · Married on 09/27/2014

We had Gourmet Cowboy cater our small wedding of about 50 guests in September of 2014 out in Breckenridge, CO. They fulfilled our every expectation. As anyone who has ever planned a wedding knows, having a responsive and knowledgeable vendor is essential, especially when it comes to such an important part as dinner. Liz and Sarah made sure I had an answer within a day or two, even to small requests or questions. After comparing with other caterers, Tom's food was reasonably priced for the variety of options offered: crab cakes, pork sliders, caprese skewers and vegetable quesadillas as appetizers, fresh salad with walnuts, pear and cranberries in a champagne sauce, fall-off-the-bone pork tenderloin with apple chutney and melt-in-your-mouth cajun salmon with tasty roasted potatoes, root vegetables and sweet corn. Hungry yet? These were just our choices. And it was gourmet as the name implies: fresh, locally acquired when possible and truly delicious. We were very satisfied with every course, and we heard the same from every guest. Service during dinner was impeccable. Many items and services, such as cake cutting, coffee serving, etc, were included in the cost, which is not always true with other companies. I don't think anyone else could have done a better job. Thank you, Gourmet Cowboy. You were superb!

Jenna · Married on 08/02/2014

When my fiance and I were looking for caterers in the Vail Valley for our rustic country wedding, we immediately had to contact the Gourmet Cowboy of course. All of our correspondence with Sarah and the Gourmet Cowboy staff was above and beyond my expectations of a catering service. Sarah worked with our budget and would update our detailed quote promptly. We traveled up to their gorgeous location in Minturn for a tasting and were so impressed! We met Chef Tom and Sarah, and the food was delicious! We knew we had to book them for our wedding and our date happened to still be available. I own a vintage rental company and wanted to use my own mismatched china plates and they were more than accommodating to my wish. The price quote reflected as well! We chose to go with a few appetizers, carved brisket, rocky mountain trout, mashed potato bar and green beans for our meal. The day of our wedding came and the food presentation was wonderful. The catering staff were very pleasant as well. My husband and I missed the happy hour with passed appetizers because of photos but were pleasantly surprised when a staff member came to our table with two of each appetizer we missed!!! They scraped all of my china plates and put them back into the tubs I brought them in which was so helpful. We were so thankful for all the wonderful people at the Gourmet Cowboy who made our day a success!

Sarah, Tom, and their staff were a delight to work with! I cannot recommend them highly enough! We used Gourmet Cowboy for day-of-planning, catering for the wedding, as well as catering for the rehearsal dinner, and throughout all of it, they were incredibly accommodating. The food was fantastic, and the displays were beautiful, and everyone was lovely to interact with. They made our day run smoothly, and I cannot thank them enough for all their help!

Michelle · Married on 05/17/2014

We had a hard time decide who we wanted to use as a caterer but looking back I know we definitely made the right decision. Not only were they fantastic the day of the event but they were so responsive through all the entire process. Whether it was making menu changes, having the availability for them to take care of everything- rentals, servers, bartenders, mixers etc, doing tastings .... I could always count on quality and a quick response. They helped us be creative with out food choices and I continue to receive compliments about how good the food was. I would highly recommend Gourmet Cowboy

Anna · Married on 10/11/2013

The Gourmet Cowboy catered and provided bar tending at our October wedding in Vail. What a great group to work with! From our first meeting at the tasting (come hungry! they don't hold back!!) through to our big day, Tom and Sarah were our absolute favorite vendors to work with. They infused creativity into our menu, worked within our budget and went above and beyond the week and day of the wedding to make everything seamless and perfect. Sarah is very very organized and such a pleasure to work with. And the food!? Several of our guests mentioned that it was the best wedding meal they'd ever had. So, so delicious. We'd recommend the Gourmet Cowboy for any special occasion and hope to work with them in the future. Your best bet in the Vail Valley!

We LOVED working with Gourmet Cowboy! Their team was so professional, friendly, and genuine! They were flexible in their approach and really worked with us to make our vision into a reality. We had our wedding in the mountains and the Gourmet Burger Bar they helped us create was casual yet elegant &, most importantly, so delicious! Everybody couldn't stop talking about how good the food was! Tom and his team are confident and good at what they do. I had no worries the day of the wedding that they wouldn't pull off our vision. They nailed it!

Alison · Married on 06/29/2013

We used Gourmet Cowboy for both our rehearsal dinner and for our wedding. They did Italian for our rehearsal dinner and bbq for our wedding and both were fantastic. We had some nontraditional requests like pie instead of cake and they accommodated us on everything we asked.

Susan · Married on 06/01/2013

Tom McNeil and his staff are awesome! We hired them for a barbecue cookout for the rehearsal dinner (60ish people) and a full turkey and beef dinner for the wedding (225 people). Our guests raved about the food at both events. Both the cook staff and the service staff were extremely helpful and flexible. Whatever we wanted, they were willing to help us out. When we were planning both events Tom, with all his experience, helped us make decisions without telling us what to do. He offered lots of ideas and was willing to do it all! I would recommend Tom and his staff to anyone looking to host a catered event.

Tyler · Married on 07/19/2008

Really great food. REALLY great. He will even cook family recipes!!

Kelli · Married on 07/12/2014

The Gourmet Cowboy was the perfect catering vendor for our wedding at Donovan Pavilion in Vail! Sarah helped us be creative with our "vision" and it turned out just perfectly! We had so many compliments on the food - my only regret was being too busy to fully enjoy the food myself!

Erica · Married on 06/18/2011

Gourmet Cowboy was the absolute best! I would recommend them to anyone! They helped us so much the day-of that we barely had to be there. They were quick, everything looked fantastic and the food was great!