24020 CO-74, Idledale, CO 80453 Map · Phone number

About The Dunafon Castle

The Dunafon Castle is a stunning residential property. From May through October, the gates are opened to select Colorado brides for special private weddings. Nestled in a mountain forest and circled by the gentle waters of Bear Creek, this enchanting home has been called Colorado's Camelot by Home & Garden Magazine.

The magical ambiance of a memorable wedding is rich in every background, every view, and every detail in this romantic setting of stone walls, turrets, and towers. At the Dunafon Castle, the hectic production process of planning a wedding ends and the fairy tale begins..........

• Boettcher Mansion
DunafonbySoHiPhotography15

16 Reviews for The Dunafon Castle

• Jen

Jen · Married on 06/01/2019

The Most Magical Venue in Colorado!

I don't know where to even begin about this place! My husband and I stumbled upon this gem when we were out hiking in the Idledale/Evergreen area and at the time we couldn't find the right venue to host an event where we could bring the beer and wine we wanted to make. We started researching this location after we discovered it and found it met every criteria we could have imagined! It was beautiful and within our budget and it hit that historical charm we were looking for while being an outdoor venue. I can't say enough good things about Annie (the wedding coordinator) and all of the staff at Dunafon! They did an exceptional job at making our day run perfectly and helped all of our out of town guests feel comfortable and welcome!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Stacy · Married on 07/01/2017

I had the best wedding ever at this venue! I actually had my eye on this place years before I was engaged and planning, so the decision to choose the Dunafon Castle was an easy one for us! Annie was a pleasure to work with, she was very quick to respond to any questions we had prior to the day and I didn't even need a day of coordinator because she was there along with the caterers and my florist to make sure everything was just how I'd envisioned it! I wasn't present for any of the setup on the day, but everything looked absolutely perfect! This is truly a magical setting! Everything was SO GREEN! July 1st was our day the weather was perfect, no rain, flowers blooming and not hot at all! I would recommend this time of year and this venue to anyone! It was definitely that fairy tale wedding I've always dreamed of! Thank you Annie and the castle team, it was the best day of our lives!

Sent on 07/26/2017
  • Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 09/25/2016

We had many appointments with different venues but cancelled them all when we visited Dunafon Castle. It is absolutely enchanting and an absolutely wonderful venue. Annie is simply amazing and a joy to work with. I would call her the master of the castle and its ceremonies. She was very helpful and accommodating with everything and her calm and sweet demeanor just helped ease the normal wedding stresses. You definitely do not need a wedding planner when you work with professionals like Annie. The owner of Dunafon is also an interesting and amazing gentleman who is very charitable and kind. The vibe of the whole place along with its owner and Annie were extremely spiritual which is exactly the type of feeling we felt the day of our wedding and our guests also felt equally enchanted.

Sent on 10/16/2016

The Dunafon Castle FAQ

• Describe your venue:
    Farm/Ranch
    Mansion
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
  • What event services do you offer?
    Event Planner

• Mark Hayes Photography Wedding Photographers

Quite simply the finest wedding venue I've ever had the pleasure to work in. The venue is amazing and the staff makes everything run smooth.

• 24020 CO-74 Idledale, CO, 80453 See on map
    Location of (The Dunafon Castle)

The Dunafon Castle frequently asked questions

What are the most important characteristics of The Dunafon Castle in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by The Dunafon Castle for wedding events is known for:

• Farm/Ranch
  • Mansion

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at The Dunafon Castle for wedding events?

The Dunafon Castle offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:

• Indoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor

What kind of wedding events does The Dunafon Castle offer?

The Dunafon Castle offers the following types of wedding events:

• Ceremony
  • Reception

What services does The Dunafon Castle offer for wedding events?

The Dunafon Castle offers the following services for wedding events:

• Event Planner

What percentage of users recommend The Dunafon Castle and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

The Dunafon Castle is recommended by 88% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.8 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 4.9 in quality of service, 4.9 in average response time, 4.9 in professionalism, 4.6 in flexibility and 4.6 in value.