155 Sansome St. 10th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104 Map · Phone number
Guest capacity 1 to 220
Availability Check your date

About The City Club of San Francisco

The City Club of San Francisco embraces the city’s storied past and dynamic present, providing a stunning venue for networking, socializing and celebrating. Our beautifully appointed spaces, rich in
art deco details, are designed to accommodate both grand events and more intimate gatherings.
Further enhancing The City Club experience are our comprehensive amenities,
fantastic cuisine and always-gracious service.

Whether you are planning the perfect wedding, a special celebration with family and friends or an all-day business meeting, The City Club of San Francisco provides the ideal venue.
The dramatic art deco interior coupled with our outstanding cuisine and host of
expert services will ensure that your event is a success.

Follow The City Club of San Francisco on

21b5d65cb85ddc45 1518129366 8173844c38c3ac91 1518129368176 1 ccsf007

22 Reviews for The City Club of San Francisco

Eleanor · Married on 05/12/2018

What a wonderful venue!

We recently had our wedding and reception at the City Club (5.12.18), and it was everything we hoped for and more. The venue itself is gorgeous; the vintage elements have been beautifully maintained, and so much care has been put into the details.

The food and beverages were delicious. We opted for their 155 package which worked out to be an amazing deal, especially for the Bay Area. The appetizers were plentiful, as was the wine, and the entrees got rave reviews from the guests.

However, what truly set the city club apart was their warm, gracious and professional staff. Juliette St. Andrew was our coordinator, and she did an excellent job making sure the event went flawlessly down to the last detail. I had ambitious plans, and Juliette was so generous and helpful in their execution! Sylvia cut our cake, and she had such a warm and graceful professionalism. When I dropped my cake off the day before, she greeted me and congratulated me with genuine kindness.

To paraphrase my father, who was equally enamored with the entire experience, I'm not sure if personality is something the City Club looks for when hiring, or something that is engendered through their culture and standards, but we felt so genuinely welcomed and cared for throughout the night that I can't imagine having had our wedding in any other setting.

If you are looking for a venue in downtown San Francisco, you will do yourself a great service by considering and checking out the City Club!

Linda · Married on 03/07/2015

I cannot thank Cassie Harris and the entire team at The City Club for making my wedding day a flawless event. Everyone raved about the venue, food and service. My husband and I enjoyed ourselves just as much as the guests. The added bonus of using both the 10th and 11th floors made the event all the more special for everyone. Cassie and the team also worked collaboratively with my wedding planner and her assistant and all of my vendors. They were all consummate professionals and never seemed to break a sweat all night :)

Katie · Married on 03/14/2014

I could not have imagined that my wedding would turn out as beautiful as it did. This is THE venue if you are looking for something unique that has that great, old-San Francisco feel... so different than the standard hotel ballroom. The wonderful thing about this venue is that it is already so beautiful with such rich colors and neat architecture throughout that there is no need for pipe and drape or a lot of extra fluff, which adds up so quickly. The club also provides up lighting, so there is no need to hire an extra vendor for that either. This place really does it ALL. I was planning my wedding from half-way across the country and all 90 guests were from out-of-town, so this was a true destination wedding. I cannot convey how much easier it was finding a venue like the City Club that housed everything I needed under one roof. Ceremony/reception venue, tables/chairs/linens, bar, dinner, lighting, furniture… the only THREE vendors I had to work with outside of the City Club were a florist, a DJ, and a bakery for the cake. Not having to coordinate with 8+ vendors made the whole process so much nicer. I worked with Alexi and I cannot thank her enough for all her hard work not only executing the wedding, but everything leading up; answering my emails, providing cost-savings where she could, giving me options, being flexible, going above and beyond. Everything start to finish was perfect. My guests loved the food, as well! I don’t know how they managed to put out so many plates of salmon and beef filets that are so perfectly cooked, but they nailed it. Food was really important to us and everything was wonderful from the cocktail hour appetizers to our dinner entrees. I couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out & would recommend this venue to any bride that either lives out-of-state or local that wants a more simplified planning process and wants a venue that’s completely different & unique! Thank you Alexi & City Club staff for making our wedding so special!

The City Club of San Francisco FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 220
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 1
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 10
  • Describe your venue: Ballroom, Banquet Hall, Historic Building
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Ceremony, Reception, Engagement Party, Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer? Bar Services, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Lighting / Sound, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables
  • What transportation and access is available? Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? July, August

• Warner's Whole Heart Events
    Warner's Whole Heart Events Wedding Planners

I LOVE the art deco look of the City Club, but the staff really shines. Sandy and her team were fantastic on what would have been a VERY hard, but stunning event. They really work well with the other event professionals, and just go above and beyond.

• Andrew Weeks Photography
    Andrew Weeks Photography Wedding Photographers

I always love photographing at The City Club. It is such a beautiful place for a wedding!

• Invitations by Ajalon
    Invitations by Ajalon Wedding Invitations

As a preferred vendor of The City Club of San Francisco, we have always been impressed with the professionalism of the staff, the quality of the food they've served, and the old-world elegance of the venue. I would highly recommend them!

• 155 Sansome St., 10th Floor San Francisco, CA 94104 See on map