The Chicory

New Orleans, LA View map

Up to 400 guests

The Chicory, an elegant venue for your New Orleans wedding ceremony and reception, features exposed beams, brick walls, and gas lanterns. Originally built in 1852 as a coffee warehouse, The Chicory has maintained its simple name with New Orleans pride. With over 25,000 square feet, the ability to accommodate up to 1200 people, 5 different rooms and a rooftop overlooking the city, The Chicory is a very versatile space. From intimate private dinners to grand New Orleans weddings, and corporate events, The Chicory offers a unique and historic event space.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$15,000

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$10,000

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Flatware
Glassware
Linens
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Server(s)

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$28

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
House Liquor
House Wine
Open Bar

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Banquet Hall
Historic Building
Rooftop

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

All Inclusive Packages
Event Rentals
Outside Vendors
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Chairs
Dance Floor
Furniture
Photo booth
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

January
March
April
May
June
October
November
December

What months are included in your off-peak season?

February
July
August
September

• Stefanie
    Stefanie P. Married on 03/11/2022

Best venue ever

We found this venue online and the reviews and pictures were absolutely beautiful but I had no idea how truly PERFECT it would be! The food was probably the best food we had in New Orleans and that is saying A LOT. The staff was incredible and we still joke about how we want to have them with us at all times. We will remember this night forever and one of the reasons is how amazing this venue and the people turned out to be!

The Chicory's reply:

Hi Stefanie,

Thank you so much for the kind words and glowing review!! We pride ourselves on our staff and food, so we are so happy that you and your guests had an amazing time at your event! It was so beautiful and we can't wait to share your photos on our social sites. We truly appreciate you, your families, and your guests!
  • bowardk
    Katie Married on 03/14/2020

The Total Package

There is no better venue in New Orleans than The Chicory to have your wedding. From the get-go, Bret and Jenna blew us away. We must have visited five + venue tours and no one compared to the thoroughness and presentation of these two. They made us feel completely at ease to hold our wedding there. It felt like the perfect place to say, “I do.” First and foremost, the Chicory is absolutely stunning. Secondly, the Chicory knows that your guests are there to eat, drink, and have fun. They made sure that we had plenty of bars and bartenders so none of our guest were waiting for a drink. They had a great drink selection and even made two specialty cocktails for my husband and I. The food…. OH MY GOSH. It was so delicious. Everything was so tasty… even my husband’s family who is born and raised in NOLA were raving about it. Both my husband and I also had personal assistance the entire night who brought us whatever we wanted and always made sure we had either some food or a drink in hand. The space was set up perfectly. Another feature of the Chicory that we loved was the courtyard behind it. We did our Second Line behind the Chicory and did not have to worry about the police escort. We also opted to rent their gas lamp photo booth which was a fun addition to the wedding--guests loved it. We even got to keep the name sign they made for us on the lamp post (great keepsake). Lastly, although we had a wedding planner and we absolutely loved her and her team, The Chicory does SOOOOO much that I imagine it would be easy to go without a planner if you so wish. The Chicory is the total package. It is a gorgeous venue with delicious food, excellent service, and the very BEST team running it. HIGHLY recommend.
    Erica Married on 08/27/2016
    We had our wedding August 27th, 2016 at The Chicory. The venue is to die for, I had made appointments at numerous venues when we got engaged, The Chicory was the first one I made an appointment at, we went and I was amazed and cancelled all my other appointments. The Chicory is the perfect venue for anyone wanted a true New Orleans wedding! My house flooded the week before the wedding in the Great flood of Baton Rouge...I didn't have time to stress over last minute details because I was gutting my house. I never stressed out because I knew the staff at The Chicory would make sure my wedding was amazing. And it was!!!! The food, OMG!! My guests haven't stopped talking about the food. . The night of my wedding everyone at The Chicory made sure everything happened on time and on schedule. I seriously can not say enough great things about them. You can't book a venue in New Orleans without going to see The Chicory in my opinion!!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Real Weddings

• Jonathan & Magali
    29 photos · 05/16/2016

Snap And Sketch Photo Booths Snap And Sketch Photo Booths Photo Booths

This venue is has a unique appeal in the warehouse district. With multiple floors and rooms, they can accommodate any event.

GoGo Booth GoGo Booth Photo Booths

The Chicory is such a unique New Orleans experience! In the heart of the Warehouse District, you can get to it so easily with great parking. And when you enter.....whoa! You will be blown away by the exposed bricks, the floor to ceiling windows which overlook the quaint Fulton Street and has fantastic views of the city from the balconies. GoGo Booth loves doing events at the Chicory because the staff is genuinely helpful and everyone there knows how to have fun!

610 SOUTH PETERS STREET New Orleans, 70130
Location of (The Chicory)

The Chicory frequently asked questions

What items and services are included in the starting site fee at The Chicory?

The Chicory includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:
  • Bridal Suite
  • Flatware
  • Glassware
  • Linens
  • Tables

At The Chicory, what items and services related to wedding catering are included in the cost?

The Chicory includes the following items and services in its wedding catering costs:
  • Cake Cutting
  • Server(s)

At The Chicory, what does the bar service starting price include?

The bar service starting price at The Chicory includes:
  • Bartender(s)
  • House Liquor
  • House Wine
  • Open Bar

What are the most important characteristics of The Chicory in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by The Chicory for wedding events is known for:
  • Banquet Hall
  • Historic Building
  • Rooftop

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at The Chicory for wedding events?

The Chicory offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor
  • Scenic Views

What kind of wedding events does The Chicory offer?

The Chicory offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Bridal Shower
  • Engagement Party
  • Rehearsal Dinner

What services does The Chicory offer for wedding events?

The Chicory offers the following services for wedding events:
  • All Inclusive Packages
  • Event Rentals
  • Outside Vendors
  • Set Up
  • Wifi

What furniture and decorations does The Chicory have available for wedding events?

The Chicory offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:
  • Chairs
  • Dance Floor
  • Furniture
  • Photo booth
  • Tables

What percentage of users recommend The Chicory and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

The Chicory is recommended by 87% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.8 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 4.9 in flexibility, 4.8 in quality of service, 4.8 in average response time, 4.8 in professionalism and 4.7 in value.

Other vendors in New Orleans for your wedding