50-400
Indoor/Outdoor
Venue Setting

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Latrobe's on Royal

In the heart of the French Quarter just steps from St. Louis Cathedral, Latrobe's on Royal is a most stunning backdrop for your special day. From the very grand formal Reception to the intimate Sunday Ceremony & Brunch, our professional experienced staff works with you create the unique event of your dreams. Our customized approach provides both Menu and budget options. Whatever your unique tastes require, our distinct space provides a setting that adds to the beauty of your special day.

Categories: Wedding Venue

Regions serviced: New Orleans

26 Reviews for Latrobe's on Royal

Indoor (7)
Event Planning (5)

If you love historical places and want knowledgeable staff to help you arrange your wedding and/or reception, the Latrobe's is the place for you! I gave Latrobe's 4 stars on flexibility, because as a historic place, they have several rules that have to be followed so that the premises will be be pristine for everyone. We purchased the "candle package" which more than made up for the absence of other decorations. The staff at Latrobe's is extremely helpful - we did not hire a wedding planner and did not need one. The buffet-style reception food was excellent - stand-outs were the (al dente) tortellini and the tender cajun fried turkey. Our guests thought I was a rock star!

Profile Picture Elise, 5/28/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Event Planning
4.2

LaTrobe's is an absolutely stunning venue for a reception. We had a full blown sit down dinner in the main area, and the band and cocktail hour in the carriage house. The food was awesome - I highly recommend the short ribs. The service staff was attentive and timely. The evening could not have gone more smoothly and I could not imagine a more lovely venue. I do agree that responsiveness to questions was a bit slow at times, and also agree that the food tasting meeting left me a tad disappointed. With that said, the event was nothing short of perfect. I would definitely recommend LaTrobes for any event you might be planning.

Profile Picture tricia, 4/15/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor
3.8

This venue is absolutely magical - the design is breathtaking and perfect for an intimate New Orleans french quarter wedding. The perfect backdrop for a romantic, sexy, sophisticated night. They work exclusively with Besh Catering so the food was also absolutely amazing. Our guests couldn't stop raving about how delicious the food was and how many options there were to choose from. We are big foodies and so are our friends so that was really important for us when making our venue selection. The service on the night was also stellar - it was very easy for people to order drinks without having to wait, and the servers were going around constantly handing out the passed appetizers. We even had our own bride & groom's attendant who made sure we ate, always had a fresh drink in hand, and checked in to see if there was anything they could do for us all night. The night itself was executed perfectly and we had an absolute blast. It's an expensive venue, but I do believe you get what you pay for. My only constructive criticism would be in the planning process. In today's professional world, it really is expected to have a quick response time to emails. They do mention that they devote their time heavily the week of for each event...meaning if it isnt the week of you're wedding they might not respond to inquiries quickly. It is nice that they give you this heads up, but really it shouldn't take several days/weeks and several follow ups to get answers to a few simple questions. In addition, the people there are very experienced because they host so many events, but I felt that sometimes it came across as being a little too opinionated about how my wedding should be run. I appreciate their input of what has worked well for past events, but the way it was communicated...it came across as your wedding SHOULD be done this way, rather than "you should consider this because"...
Fortunately, I had a wedding planner, so these two things didnt impact my experience too much.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 3/26/16, 19 Reviews

220x220 sq 1252620346968 029201897l3
220x220 sq 1252620347531 knotlatrb01
220x220 sq 1252620347750 knotlatrb07
220x220 sq 1252620348062 knotlatrb09
220x220 sq 1527234290 779e88bdcba98ded 1527234290 90e0353ccef34f75 1527234283987 1 18

4 ENDORSEMENTS
Latrobe's is top on my list for favorite venues to work at. I love photographing any event at Latrobe's since they deliver top notch, first class service to their clients. The atmosphere, architecture and food are the best and really gives a great New Orleans feel to your guests. Plus, Jessica is so easy to deal with when planning your event. I highly recommend Latrobe's for your next event or wedding.

What a beautiful place for any event. We get excited everytime we get to do floral decorations there. It is a very New Orleansy space...with all of the fabulous Southern Hospitality and service that one would expect.

One of the more beautiful reception sites located in the center of the French Quarter just steps from any number of hotels. The lighting works great for photography and the decor is incredible.

Absolutely one of my favorite venues in NOLA. Jessica is the sweetest chick ever and is totally on top of everything during the event. Latrobe's is classic New Orleans.

403 Royal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130   See On Map
504-299-0601 (phone) 504-299-0602 (fax)
Monday - Saturday 10am - 5pm