The Celebration DJ

Oakland, CA View map Visit website

$1,550 Most Popular Price

The Celebration DJ is a DJ & Live Music service based in Oakland, California. Entertaining weddings since 2006, Brandon loves helping clients bring their dreams to life. He's a professional and fun loving person who takes the time to get to know his clients. Brandon practices Meditation & Tai Chi daily to ensure he's always calm and mentally/physically prepared. He plays Live Guitar, Sings & actually DJ-mixes any styles of music from 1920’s to NOW.

Experience
Brandon Bosch has been hosting weddings for over fourteen years. He truly loves what he does and loves to work hard for his clients! He enjoys meeting with his couples, getting to know them and helping them select music that brings out their love for life & each other. Brandon has been making mixed tapes for friends since age 13, so he naturally enjoys collaborating with couples on their wedding playlists. As a published singer/songwriter, Brandon plays live guitar and sings with passion. Brandon is a music producer and enjoys helping his clients create custom music for their weddings.

The Celebration DJ offers flexible and custom DJ packages to suit any client. We are ready to bring your wedding to life! Their services include:

• Free Consultation
  • Collaborative Playlist Creation w/ Clients
  • Do-NOT-play list & MUST-Play Lists
  • MC: Comfortable & Occasionally funny ;)
  • Live Performance (Acoustic guitar & Vocals)
  • One event per day
  • Multiple Sound Systems
  • Dance Floor Lighting & Uplighting
  • Silent Disco
  • Monogram
  • Karaoke System (So Fun!)
  • Photobooth
  • Clients can choose DJ's Outfit
  • Client adjustable "Choose your own Adventure" Quotes

Musical Styles

• Funk & Classics (Can't beat the classics)
  • Pop, Rap & Top 40 (Finger on the modern pulse)
  • Oldies!!! (Nostaglia for the win!)
  • Remixed Classics (my fav)
  • Electronic & Bass (I've played main stage at Festivals)
  • Country, Americana & Folk (pluck those heartstrings!)
  • Jewish & Klezmer (Classic & Unique Horas)
  • Hip-hop & Rap (Bay Area Rap specialty)
  • Indian (Bollywood, Bhangra)
  • International (World, Tribal)
  • Jazz (smooth & sexy)
  • R&B/soul (even more sexy)
  • Rock (Indie, Punk, Ska, Grunge, Metal I can ROCK it all)
  • ...and so much more (I enjoy a challenge!)

What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?

$875.00

What is included in the starting price?

Travel Expenses

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$1550.00

What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?

Disco Ball
Sound/PA System
Travel Expenses

What is the starting price for uplighting?

$125.00

What music genres do you specialize in?

Club
Pop
R&B/Soul
Rock
Top 40

What services do you offer?

Do-Not-Play List
Karaoke
One Event Per Day
Video Projection

What additional equipment do you offer?

Disco Ball
Uplighting

• Anna
    Anna M. Married on 08/12/2021

Best Wedding DJ Ever!

Brandon was a dream to work with! Our original wedding date in August 2020 was postponed due to the pandemic, and Brandon openly communicated and worked with us. Thankfully he was available the following year on a different date and the transition of our contract was seamless. Our actual wedding day in August 2021 was absolutely perfect and we owe a lot of that to him. The music completely set the tone of the wedding for us.

The set up for our ceremony site was a bit confusing, complicated, and he was only allotted about 15 minutes to set up for the ceremony. Brandon was flexible, collaborated with our day of wedding coordinator, and the ceremony music went so smoothly. The ceremony music was absolutely perfect. He worked with us on timing of the recessional music to start playing immediately before our first kiss and the video with the music perfectly looping in makes me cry every time! He even made time to take a spontaneous video of our ceremony train of guests arriving and he sent it to us afterward. We were also allowed to make two 30 minute playlists for the train ride up and train ride down with our wedding guests. Brandon collaborated with us on those train playlists as well, and one of the train staff told me it was the best wedding train playlist she has ever heard on the ceremony train.

During the planning process, Brandon brought up things we hadn't even considered before the wedding, which we felt made our day go a lot smoother. I’m so used to my name being mispronounced at doctor’s offices, graduation ceremonies, by family members, etc, but Brandon was very intentional about making sure he pronounced our names correctly the day of which we really appreciated! I wasn’t sure how much musical freedom we would have, but Brandon played every single song that we had added to our cocktail and dinner playlists, all of our must play songs, as well as guest requests! Thank you Brandon for letting us choose the music we connected with, we felt so seen and represented by you.

He kept the dance floor going all night and I had the dance party of my dreams. He created amazing transitions from song to song which had guests getting pumped up for each next song. We noticed he only played one slow song (which was a guest request) because the energy of the guests was so high and they kept dancing! Brandon has an amazing ability to read the room, and is also willing to take risks. Brandon asked us a few days before about possibly playing a few songs by artists that may be better known by the guests instead of the ones we requested. We left it up to his professional judgment, but when the time came he went for it, played the song we requested, and our guests loved it!! We also loved the personal shoutouts he made so our guests felt connected to the songs! We got so many compliments from our guests about how amazing our DJ was, one of our friends even took his business card for their wedding!

Brandon keeps the wedding playlists we collaborated on up on Spotify, so we listened to all the playlists on the honeymoon and we are still listening to them a month after the wedding!

Thank you again Brandon, we will recommend you over and over again.

Anna & Ryan

The Celebration DJ's reply:

YES! I love love LOVE reading all of this! I'll honestly never forget your actual steam train entrance to the ceremony in the redwoods! How epic! Not everyone wants me to start music in the officiant's last words but your drum loop build up was sooo perfect I had to! I'll also never forget the children of so many ages holding hands in a circle and dancing/jumping up and down together throughout the dance party! After the 15 months of the pandemic separation, I honestly had tears in my eyes repeatedly while DJing! Thank you so much Anna!
  • Maria
    Maria A. Married on 06/12/2021

The Celebration DJ is the perfect tone setter for any type of wedding

Planning a wedding during a pandemic isn't easy and the music was very important to my wife and I considering it sets the mood for each part of the evening. Brandon's process of making collaborative playlists and asking all the right questions leading up to our wedding day made things so easy on us. He was also a great communicator during the process and was able to hop on a phone call or zoom with us any time we needed. It's very easy to see why he's got all of the awards on wedding websites, the guy is an absolute pro. At the end of our wedding day we got many, many different compliments from guests about how good the music and vibe was from the DJ. Hiring Brandon Bosch was the best decision we could have made for our wedding.
  • Thomas
    Thomas C. Married on 09/19/2020

Fantastic!

Brandon was fantastic! We got married during a very challenging period (covid, fires, venue uncertainty) and Brandon worked with us throughout. He was super collaborative, responsive, organized and made out event a success! We couldn't have been more happy!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

4131 Oakmore Rd Oakland, CA, 94602
303-720-7087
Location of (The Celebration DJ)

Other vendors in San Francisco for your wedding