The Aussie DJ

About The Aussie DJ

The Aussie DJ.....Gavin Bruhn

Oregon & Washington's Premier DJ Service

The Wedding Specialist

I started my DJ Career in Melbourne, Australia in 1995. I then moved to the USA in 1997 on an exchange and spent some time working as a mobile DJ at local radio station Z100. Departed the USA in 1998 to spend some time working the Bar/Club scene in Europe finally returning to Portland in 2000 to become the " AUSSIE DJ"

FREE Consultations: One-on-one, in person or by phone.

Call to schedule your event today 503.302.4819

Follow The Aussie DJ on

The couple with the DJ
The couple with the DJ

26 Reviews for The Aussie DJ

1 User photo

The Aussie DJ 1

Amy · Married on 11/12/2017

Gavin was a fantastic DJ from the first time we met him to the end of the wedding. We talked to a few other DJs while trying to pick one, but Gavin is the only one who took the time to meet with us. He drove out in the snow to go over his services, and we were really impressed by his organization and professionalism. Gavin was the most affordable DJ we talked to, but no quality was sacrificed for the money we saved. Gavin was always willing and prompt to answer questions throughout the planning process, and he called a week before to ensure he had all the final details correct for our wedding.
    When it came time for the actual wedding, we were very grateful to have someone with his skill to keep things running smoothly and enable us to relax and enjoy the evening. We weren't sure if the ceremony would be inside or outside until the day of. We decided to go outside and gambled with rain. Gavin was very flexible and willing to work with our changes as they came. He kept everything on schedule, got guests engaged and kept everyone having a good time. Gavin was very willing to accommodate our requests and made it the wedding we hoped it would be. He was great at reading the crowd and knew exactly what songs to play to get people back on the dance floor when things were slowing down. We got tons of compliments on his behalf throughout the evening. It was a great decision to hire Gavin, money well spent, and we would recommend him without hesitation to anyone looking to host an amazing event!

Nana · Married on 11/04/2017

Gavin was an excellent DJ. He was the DJ for both our wedding and our best man's wedding. He was super organized and was able to work super well with our venue. Everything soundwise was perfect and he did a great job of making all the important announcements. People listened to him but he also didn't take over the wedding. His song choice was excellent and he even made me this amazing personalized mix for me that had all songs with my name in it and got the crowd super pumped up to start dancing. Lastly, his price was excellent!

Gabriel · Married on 09/22/2017

We could not have made a better decision than Gavin! He was very attentive, reliable and extremely easy to work with from beginning to end. He has an awesome Aussie accent along with great personality. Our whole entire wedding ran so smoothly without any hiccups. We had a blast! I’d recommend Gavin to anyone that’s looking for a DJ. If you’re looking for a total package DJ, look no further!!! We’d choose him over and over again. Thank you for making our wedding an unforgettable experience.

The Aussie DJ 2

The Aussie DJ FAQ

• What is included in the starting price? Consultation, Disco Ball, MC, Microphones, Travel Expenses, Sound/PA System
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Country, Hip Hop, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What services do you offer? Consultation, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Real Weddings

• Wedding Ceremonies YOUR Way
    Wedding Ceremonies YOUR Way Wedding Officiants

Gavin, the Aussie DJ, makes your event come ALIVE for all of your guests, from your ceremony through your reception. I have been the officiant or wedding photographer for many of his events. And as a former known Wedding DJ myself, I know when I see a Wedding DJ that is superior to others; HE IS THAT. Gavin doesn't just play GREAT multi-generational music, he is also MASTER Master of Ceremonies for your grand entrance, special fun wedding events, first dances, etc. Gavin, the Aussie DJ, IS THE ONLY DJ I RECOMMEND because his clients are always #1.

• A Perfect Ceremony
    A Perfect Ceremony Wedding Officiants

His charming accent is the Creamy Frosting on an otherwise very Tasty Cake. (is that too much metaphor?) He is a great Master of Ceremonies for your reception, and keeps things moving at just the right pace for each client. Music? He's got it all. Your guests will compliment you on your choice of DJ and Music for your reception.

• Joys of Life Photography
    Joys of Life Photography Wedding Photographers

Gavin is outstanding and I would have him serve any of my events.

• Oregon City, OR 97045 See on map