The Aussie DJ Reviews

26 | Oregon City, OR

26 Reviews for The Aussie DJ

1 User photo

Amy · Married on 11/12/2017

Gavin was a fantastic DJ from the first time we met him to the end of the wedding. We talked to a few other DJs while trying to pick one, but Gavin is the only one who took the time to meet with us. He drove out in the snow to go over his services, and we were really impressed by his organization and professionalism. Gavin was the most affordable DJ we talked to, but no quality was sacrificed for the money we saved. Gavin was always willing and prompt to answer questions throughout the planning process, and he called a week before to ensure he had all the final details correct for our wedding.
    When it came time for the actual wedding, we were very grateful to have someone with his skill to keep things running smoothly and enable us to relax and enjoy the evening. We weren't sure if the ceremony would be inside or outside until the day of. We decided to go outside and gambled with rain. Gavin was very flexible and willing to work with our changes as they came. He kept everything on schedule, got guests engaged and kept everyone having a good time. Gavin was very willing to accommodate our requests and made it the wedding we hoped it would be. He was great at reading the crowd and knew exactly what songs to play to get people back on the dance floor when things were slowing down. We got tons of compliments on his behalf throughout the evening. It was a great decision to hire Gavin, money well spent, and we would recommend him without hesitation to anyone looking to host an amazing event!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Nana · Married on 11/04/2017

Gavin was an excellent DJ. He was the DJ for both our wedding and our best man's wedding. He was super organized and was able to work super well with our venue. Everything soundwise was perfect and he did a great job of making all the important announcements. People listened to him but he also didn't take over the wedding. His song choice was excellent and he even made me this amazing personalized mix for me that had all songs with my name in it and got the crowd super pumped up to start dancing. Lastly, his price was excellent!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Gabriel · Married on 09/22/2017

We could not have made a better decision than Gavin! He was very attentive, reliable and extremely easy to work with from beginning to end. He has an awesome Aussie accent along with great personality. Our whole entire wedding ran so smoothly without any hiccups. We had a blast! I’d recommend Gavin to anyone that’s looking for a DJ. If you’re looking for a total package DJ, look no further!!! We’d choose him over and over again. Thank you for making our wedding an unforgettable experience.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Carol · Married on 06/30/2017

Gavin was a great DJ. He made announcements when necessary and was very accommodating. We gave him a list of music to play, unfortunately there aren't very many dancers in our family, but we got to listen to some great songs. Would definitely hire him again. Price was a real bargain.

Sent on 07/11/2017

Donna · Married on 12/03/2016

From the very first interaction, Gavin was wonderful! He was extremely helpful and responded very quickly. He even had a lot of suggestions for key songs when I was coming up blank! We did not have a day of event coordinator but we didn't need one because Gavin made sure everything went along smoothly according to the timeline that we had previously discussed. My guests loved him and he definitely made the party great! Oh and an extra bonus he was very affordable! Hire Gavin and you will not regret it!

Sent on 12/26/2016

Nina · Married on 09/10/2016

Gavin is amazing! He was our DJ for our Indian wedding which involves a lot of moving parts. We met with him a few times (once in person and the other times via google hangouts) to go over the details of our wedding and were really impressed with his professionalism and his attention to detail. He played the music at exactly the right moment for each portion of our wedding (the Baraat, walking down the aisle, when the Aunties came on stage, when we left the stage all the way through cocktail hour). He kept everyone on the dance floor and at the end of the night all of our guests chanted "one more song!" Gavin obliged and we had an amazing send-off. He was flexible and listened to what we wanted and played off of a list of our music preferences. I couldn't be happier with the service that he provided and would highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Awesome DJ. He kept the party going and played great music. He was really easy to work with, responsive to email and phone calls. Everybody loved him!

Sent on 05/30/2016

Emily · Married on 10/24/2015

Gavin is incredible! He is extremely professional, friendly, and prompt. I got responses very quickly to my questions and he was very easy to communicate with. I was astounded by how organized he was and he helped us figure out a detailed timeline for our day! Gavin has a great ability to read the crowd, and kept people on the dance floor! He also kept things moving and never let there be a lull. People loved his accent and he dressed very nicely. Your DJ really sets the tone for your wedding and you will not be disappointed if you choose him! Everyone keeps telling me how much fun they had at our wedding and that was in large part thanks to him!

Sent on 11/29/2015

Brian · Married on 08/22/2015

Gavin was amazing to work with. He was very professional which is exactly what my wife and I were looking for. He had great ideas and suggestions that made our wedding so much fun and his music choices were great, everyone was dancing all night at our wedding.

Sent on 09/05/2015

Gavin was a great DJ.
    He was very easy to work with and very professional.
    He was flexible in accounting for the outdoor ceremony location and played the music we requested.

I left the dance music up to him and he did a fabulous job. The Dance floor was always full. He did a great job at announcements and ensuring everyone knew where they needed to be.

He made sure our day was truly special for us.
    I won't absolutely recommend him.

Sent on 07/15/2015

Joni · Married on 05/02/2015

Gavin is a fantastic DJ. He helped us plan the sequence of events for the reception, meeting with us twice before the wedding. Everything went so smoothly. He had all the right equipment for our video, mics for the judge (who spoke at the reception) and a few impromptu solos! He had good ideas for fun games and special dances. He's really good at reading the crowd and knowing what type of music to play to keep people dancing. We booked him until midnight and when we tried to shut things down, people were chanting "one more dance"!! And he has that adorable Australian accent to boot! Hire Gavin for your event -- he's the best!

Sent on 05/05/2015

Kerri · Married on 07/11/2014

We absolutely loved Gavin! He is a fantastic DJ. He is very organized and worked with us ahead of time to make sure he had all the info he needed about songs, toasts, name pronunciations etc. Day of he was dressed professionally. He was flexible but very instrumental in helping keep the wedding timing/schedule going. The sound for the ceremony was perfect. The music was perfect. He played all the songs we wanted and mixed them with other songs to keep the party going! The dance floor was packed!! We also did what he calls the Shoe Game instead of a traditional bouquet/garter toss. It was a big hit with friends and family because it was different and hilarious. You cannot go wrong with Gavin as a DJ. Many friends at their weddings have been bummed because their DJ's sucked and no one danced. Gavin knows how to DJ a great wedding!

Sent on 08/14/2014
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/05/2014

The only DJ you should be thinking about is Gavin, the Aussie DJ. He was absolutely fantastic, he was professional through the interviewing process (and we interviewed a lot of DJ's) and when we did hire him, he kept being professional; he always responded to all of our emails and kept track of all the songs we loved, he called us to clear up any details and most importantly he kept the party going till midnight. He showed up on time and had all of his gear ready to go an hour before the ceremony even started. Everyone keeps telling us how much fun they had and how our wedding was the best wedding they've ever attended, picking Gavin is a must! We came across Gavin when we were searching venue's, owners at different venue's kept bringing up the same DJ- Gavin, they kept saying how they had experienced a wedding with him as the DJ and how fun he was. Remember a DJ can either make or break your wedding experience, picking Gavin was one our best choices for the wedding day!

Sent on 08/21/2014

As a bride, it was scary stepping into the unfamiliar waters of wedding planning, even more so considering that I had no experience with DJs and had no idea what to expect.

When my husband and I met with Gavin, we were instantly at ease and impressed with his professionalism, musical taste, and his ample resources of fun and entertaining games. That he has an awesome Austrailian accent is merely icing on the cake. The worksheets he gave us helped us select the music necessary for the event, and included every detail down to the Grand Entrance and Cake Cutting songs. He created a detailed timeline and helped the entire event flow smoothly, even with the half hour delay we experienced with the wedding ceremony.

Our guests are still complimenting us on his renditions of the Shoe Game and Anniversary Dance. Thank you, Gavin! You were a pleasure to work with, and made our event memorable for years to come!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Jaime · Married on 09/07/2013

Gavin is an awesome wedding DJ- he even had some great recommendations for our other vendors. He made sure we had a really fun reception and exceeded all of our expectations- our wedding was the literally the best time of my life and it was due to Gavin's expertise- he's a virtuoso in his field!

Sent on 11/12/2013

Gavin did an incredible job! Very professional, easy to work with. He wants to make sure that you enjoy your day! Couldn't recommend any higher. If you want an outstanding DJ who will play outstanding music and make your day stress free...pick gavin.

Sent on 08/22/2013

Lindsey · Married on 08/10/2013

We could not have been more happy with how great of a job Gavin did at our wedding! He did an excellent job playing music that everyone liked, as well as being the MC for our wedding. Very professional, as well as flexible. A short notice rain storm moved through our wedding, and he moved all of his equipment and had it up and running in a different location in very short time. Gavin made it apparent from the beginning that it was our day and he would do things the way we wanted. I have been to dozens of weddings in my day. I would say our wedding had the best music and had the most people dancing on the dance floor than any other wedding I have been to. Highly recommended!! I promise you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/13/2014

Lisa · Married on 07/01/2012

Gavin is fantastic to work with. In fact, he was the only DJ that my husband and I had interviewed; after our first meeting, I went against all the advice about interviewing multiple people because we thought he was so great, came highly recommended by our wedding coordinator, and we just didn't want somebody else to scoop him up. That was a great decision!

Admittedly, my family are not huge dancers at all (especially my mother's side of the family; I've never seen most of them EVER dance). However, Gavin did a great job to pick the right tunes to encourage people to get on the dance floor and have fun. He also gave some guidance on what kind of music to use to encourage people to dance, and I cannot thank him enough for that help. :)

Sent on 07/27/2012

Janis · Married on 06/07/2012

Fun and fantastic DJ! Highly professional and organized - top pick!

Sent on 08/31/2012

Nicole · Married on 09/05/2010

Gavin (owner and DJ) is awesome! From the first time we met for a consultation/bid I felt totally at ease. He has been a DJ for many years, and he really knows his business inside and out. He customized a bid for us, and was helpuful during the entire planning process. His rate was really reasonable, and he was flexible with which services we needed and how much time we needed, too. He's the owner and sole employee, and he really cares about his clients so you're guranteed to get grade A service. We gave him a list of the kinds of songs we like, and also some things we didn't want played. We also gave him some MP3 files and a playlist for part of the evening, since we hade some obscure Jazz. At one point my husband called him over to say he could supplement with his own music if ours ran out, and Gavin replied that he alreayd had. The transition was so seamless that we hadn't even noticed!
    Gavin kept us on schedule, and had everyone dancing. After the wedding we got a hand-written note of congratulations in the mail from him. I highly recommend hiring him, he's a true pro and a very nice guy.

Sent on 10/04/2010

Michael · Married on 06/12/2010

We were very happy with Gavin. Many of our guests also commented on our fun dj. The newly wed game was a hit! We liked Gavin because he listened to what we wanted and he had good ideas too to make the wedding fun for everyone. We gave a few songs to play and then left it up to him to choose. We appreciated his customer orientation and the fact that he didn't try to take over the show but still kept us on track and having a great time. We definitely recommend this guy.

Sent on 06/19/2010

Sarah · Married on 04/17/2010

Gavin was highly professional and did the music for both our ceremony and reception. He was always quick to return emails and phone calls with questions we had. On the day of our wedding he helped everything flow extremely smoothly. We couldn't have done it without him! VERY highly recommended!

Sent on 05/14/2010

B · Married on 10/03/2009

Gavin was awesome. He was so easy to work with and did a wonderful job at the ceremony. He was very organized and easy to contact by telephone or e-mail. He was able to handle the last minute changes the day of the wedding with professionalism and ease. The music he played was great, he adapted to the group that was on the dance floor and mc'd the event. Could not have asked for a better DJ!

Sent on 10/14/2009

Andi · Married on 06/25/2011

I'm so thrilled we found Gavin to DJ our wedding reception. We were looking for a DJ to meet our needs (not a DJ who would make our wedding the MC show!) and Gavin was perfect. He is very experienced and professional and was able to anticipate the different needs on the night so that we were prepared. He accommodated all of our music requests and kept everyone on the dance floor the whole night. I would wholeheartedly recommend him!

Sent on 09/24/2011
  • I

Iris · Married on 09/13/2014

Gavin was the DJ for my wedding in September, and my husband and I were very satisfied with everything he did for us. I planned everything from New York, but we were able to communicate easily via Skype and email. He was very organized throughout the whole process, and he paid close attention to the songs we liked and didn't like and to our preferences for scheduling and flow of the reception.

I needed help editing the song for my processional, and Gavin was very willing to do it for me. It took a few back and forths to make it sound smooth and natural, but I really appreciated his effort and patience.

Gavin was a great MC during our reception, guiding us from each phase to the next very smoothly, and in an entertaining way. Our guests had a great time during the shoe game, and he was totally on-board when we wanted to incorporate our own trivia questions too. We danced for hours with a full-floor of people the whole time and never felt a lull in the atmosphere or music. Thank you, Gavin!

Sent on 12/15/2014