7132 Grenola Way, Citrus Heights, CA 95621 Map · Phone number

About Temple Photography

I like the finer things in life, but I like the simple things, too. I think it takes an open mind to search out a new perspective. To see the hidden texture or imagine a silhouette. But, it's more than what is seen. It is about trying to convey what scent is in the air (like the scent of the flowers of your bridal bouquet) or what sound is heard (the song that plays to your first dance together as husband and wife). Telling the whole story, and all the while creating something artistic with just a piece of it. I prefer romantic and colorful, or nostalgic and fresh.
Temple Photography is a boutique photography service. I aim to please you in every way possible! I try to genuinely get to know you & your fiance; your likes, dislikes, & your style. I shoot mainly photojournalistic which leads to fun & candid pictures. But I also take posed pictures to add some spice to the mix. It is all in the details & this is what makes your day especially magical!

Follow Temple Photography on

Temple Photography 7
  • Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 10/13/2018

Simply Amazing

We had our wedding in Oct 2018. Rita took both our engagement and wedding pictures. She did an amazing job! She is super friendly and easy to work with. We also had the super cool photo booth, i highly recommend all Temple Photography has to offer! I cannot thank Rita enough for the beautiful pictures. I will treasure them always! I've included some of my favorites. :)♡

Sent on 01/15/2019
    Temple Photography 16
    Temple Photography 17

Carrie · Married on 10/06/2018

Top Notch Photographer and Photo Booth

Working with Rita as a photographer was the best decision we could have made for our wedding. She was very reasonably priced and she literally got shots of every single one of my guests so I could have those memories forever. Every photo she took was incredible and she was like a fly on the wall, not right up in our faces the whole time. I have no idea how she got such great shots when most of the time I forgot she was even there. I cannot recommend Temple Photography. We also used their photo booth and couldn't have been happier with that service also. Top notch outfit!!

Sent on 01/17/2019
    Temple Photography 18

Trina Walker · Married on 10/05/2018

Professional and Fun

Working with Rita and Temple Photography was an awesome experience for our wedding. Rita is professional, an expert in her craft, and is a lot of fun to work with. Like most couples, my partner and I had never worked with a professional photographer before, so we didn’t know what to expect, but right away Rita took the time to learn about us, both as individuals and as a couple. She started by calling us before we ever met with her to ask us questions about our interests, what hobbies we have, how we met, how we got engaged, and what our wedding theme and dreams were. Rita also asked all the necessary information about the wedding plans and was able to come up with a timeline for the wedding day to make sure we all knew when to be dressed and ready and how to stay on track. Originally, my partner and I thought we would not do an engagement photo session, we had already sent our Save the Date cards and didn’t think it was necessary. Rita, however, highly encouraged us to do it pointing out that for most couples, it’s not often you have a professional photo session with a camera in your face and someone telling you to pose a certain way. She explained it’s a trail-run for the wedding day allowing us to get used to working with her, get used to some poses, and all around make the wedding day a lot more comfortable. Rita was definitely correct here! During the engagement session we felt awkward at first, having never done it before, but Rita was ready for that. During each pose she would ask questions or tell us to whisper things to each other that made us laugh and helped make us less tense in front of the camera. The day we went to the photo session it was windy and little rainy, but Rita had the right equipment with her, even bringing an umbrella to use as a prop and those photos turned out to be some of my favorites from the session. Rita is timely with the return of photos and she wants to hear from her clients about their likes and dislikes, which, again, helps everyone be on the same page for the big day. We received our engagement photos about a week later and she told us to let her know if we had any issues. I was able to look at each photo and decide for myself what I felt worked and what I didn’t like so much (which typically had to do how I looked, not with Rita’s work). Rita took the notes I emailed to her and used them for the wedding day photos. Our wedding day, like so many others, went by so fast, but having Rita there to capture each moment made such a difference. She and her assistance arrived right on time and jumped right in on capturing special moments, like makeup and hair, gifts for our mothers, pinning boutonnieres, putting on my wedding dressing, casual shots with bridesmaids and family. One of the best sets of photos we received was our “First Look” photos. Rita made she it was just us and her, but really, she made it feel like it was just me and my partner, she never rushed us or made us pose in a specific way she was able to capture the emotion and joy of the moment. Every aspect of our wedding photos turned about amazing, from the more casual photos to the traditional ones with bridesmaids, members of the wedding party, and family, to the ceremony. Rita made the effort to get to the venue first to take photos of the tables, the décor, and all the flowers. After the ceremony we did our family photos and she made it so quick and easy as we were ready to get to the celebrating. The photos she and her assistant took of guest in attendance were such a nice touch, we were able to send some of the photos to our guest as part of their thank you cards later. Also, I cannot say enough about the photo booth. We loved it, our guest loved it. It is worth it. You guest get a copy and you get a copy of each photo and they even gave us an album of all the photos at the end of the night with one of my partner and I in full size on the cover. It’s a must!! I know I am forgetting some things Rita and Temple Photography did for our special day, but just know that whatever you need or dream of for your wedding Rita is there to make sure you are taken care of. She will even suggest beautiful locations if you can’t think of anything. We received our wedding photos about 4 weeks later via an email link and then a flash drive in the mail. You can also order them directly through her website. Lastly, I should note, Rita was so accommodating that she worked primarily with us via phone, and email. We live in Los Angeles but were getting married in Sacramento and she made all the coordinating a seamless process. I highly recommend Temple Photography, it’s a decision you will not regret.

Sent on 01/20/2019

Temple Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,499.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,499.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Trash The Dress
  • Which of the following does your starting price include? Backdrop(s), CD/DVD of Images, Enclosed Booth, Prints, Props
  • Which of the following does your most popular package include? Backdrop(s), CD/DVD of Images, Enclosed Booth, Prints, Props
  • What photo booth items are available? Backdrop(s), CD/DVD of Images, Enclosed Booth, Prints, Props, Social Media Integration

• 7132 Grenola Way Citrus Heights, 95621 See on map