Farmingdale, NY 11735 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Specialty Sewing Long Island

Speciality Sewing Long Island is a company based in Farmingdale, New York that provides custom wedding garments as well as alteration services. The owner, Annette, has worked on Broadway for more than a quarter of a century, along with other production sets. Not only does her varied experience reflect her talents, but also her versatility with a needle and thread. The tailor is an artist who is excited to use her knowledge and abilities to bring your vision for yourself to life.

There are many different services offered by Speciality Sewing Long Island. Annette can create a completely new garment but can also repurpose old gowns and items of clothing. She is also able to make alterations and adjustments to get your attire fitting just right. Annette can travel to your venue on the day of the celebrations to assist with any final touches, such as boutonnieres, tying ties, or any needed repairs.

1 51 1993081 160252684383369
1 51 1993081 160252684383369

7 Reviews for Specialty Sewing Long Island

• KRISTIE

Kristie Sanders · Married on 01/08/2019

A Professional Tailor who's worked with stars & yet she's chill, and affordable!

I wanted a knee-length dress for my wedding and I couldn't find one anywhere. So I decided, fool that I am, to make my own. I soon realized that I was waaaay out of my league and was freaking out. At the time I worked on Broadway in Phantom of the Opera, where Annette is the Production Tailor.
    I was teetering on the edge of insanity, one week away from my wedding, (I know...) contemplating duck tape and I'll never forget what Annette said: "Wedding dresses are what I do."
    She saved me! She listened to what I wanted, and didn't push her own agenda. She was kind, precise, fast, affordable, and did an impeccable job, down to the tiniest detail.
    She is amazing!!!!
    Honestly, I wouldn't have known what to do without her expertise.
    In her home studio you'll notice she's worked with Broadway & Film stars from: JLo, Beyoncé, Selena Gomez, Kate Winslet, Justin Timberlake, John Legend, & Miley Cyrus, to name a few; but she's still down to earth and one of the gals!
    I can't thank her enough for saving my bacon!! She ROCKS!!!

Sent on 10/20/2020
  • Johanna

Johanna Gutierrez · Married on 01/02/2019

Dream Dress

I have never done a review before, but Annette is worth writing about. She is amazing and made my wedding dress, and day, really special.

My mother saved her wedding dress, in case I ever wanted to use it. I loved the idea of using my mom’s dress, but she had worn it to a winter wedding in the 70’s - and I had a very different idea for my dress. I provided Annette with some pictures of the look I wanted. Annette took those pictures and that dress, and made my vision come true. She worked her magic and changed a 35-year-old, long sleeve, high necked, winter wedding gown into the sexy halter dress (with a corset back) that I wore to my destination beach wedding. It was stunning and fit me like a glove! Everyone loved it.

Annette went above and beyond anything I could have expected. She personally cleaned the dress. She hand stained the lace so that the newer additions to the dress matched the aged fabric. She cleverly addressed every challenge that came up, and her creativity and professionalism made the whole experience fun and exciting.

As I said before, I never did a review before, but Annette made this a wonderful experience for me and I cannot recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 10/22/2020

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

Specialty Sewing Long Island FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?
    $500 - $999
    $1,000 - $2,499
    $2,500 - $3,999
  • How do you price dress alterations?
    By Piece
  • Who do you provide services for?
    Bride
    Bridesmaids
    Flower Girls
    Mother of the Bride
    Mother of the Groom
    Ring Bearers
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Alterations
    Appointments Only
    Full Customization
  • Which of the following items do you offer?
    Bridal Belts
    Bridal Gowns
    Dress Replicas
    Garters
    Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?
    Less than 6 months

• Farmingdale, NY, 11735 See on map
    Location of (Specialty Sewing Long Island)