12659 SE 104 Terrace, Belleview, FL 34420 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Spanky's BBQ

In 2011 a close friend and I were driving down the road and had this crazy idea to come up with an out of the garage, grill manufacturing company. To fit the idea and its simplicity using 55 gallon barrels for drum grills... I smiled and looked and him and said how about, "RedNeck Smokin' "... There was silence for a moment and we both spoke up simultaneously exclaiming that will be it! ... With word of local BBQ competitions in the area, we thought that would be the perfect channel to show off the goods and how great our grills were... That day was both the beginning and the end of many things for us both... It set a course that created a competiton addiction in me taking 1st place in Brisket and 2nd place in Pork our first competiton out using my home recipes... For my friend, he wanted purely a business venture and claim to the name and brand for marketing and branding... Months and events go by, a friendship falls apart we realize we are both not going to do this together so we split... Since then I have agreed to allow the use of the "RedNeck Smokin' " brand for grills only no team or competitions... My team is now rooted where it should have started, in the family... My son, Kurtis Logan Hunt and wife, Mary Elizabeth Hunt round out the team with myself and our 3 smallest children in training... It took a lot of time and thought to come up with the right name for our team and one special person to give us the name... My oldest brother Alan "Spanky" Gilmore is figting his 3rd battle with cancer and it may or may not be his time to go be with our Father, only the big man up stairs knows that... I do know one thing... Spanky is the most bull headed, stubborn, big mouthed, good hearted person you will ever know... He will not back down, tell you how he feels about it and then turn around and give you the shirt off his back... He is a walking contradiction, but overall has came to be a good man at this time in his life... Whether it is just to honor him and support him or it becomes a memorial to him, Spanky's BBQ will be our new brand, team name, and hopefully something to be proud of that our family has done together!

sosribs2