Long Beach, CA 90801 Map · Phone number

About SoCal Wedding Consultant

Touted as "the best wedding planners in Southern California", we're a team of wedding planners in SoCal who create effortlessly elegant, fabulously fun weddings. We're genuinely excited to be your advisor & confidant throughout the planning process.

We’re proud to be universal wedding planners. We have planned weddings of all different cultures and religions (including customizing the entire day to blend two religions) and we’re proud advocates of the LGBTQ+ community. Curious if we’ve done your culture type? (We probably have!) Reach out to us at love@eventsbywc.com

We plan weddings in Los Angeles, Orange County, the Inland Empire, San Diego, and destination. Our lead planner Taryn was also featured on the TLC show I Want THAT Wedding.

It’s our goal with every wedding to remove the stress and make planning fun again. Sound like a match? Get in touch!

We so look forward to hearing from you!

Visit our website: www.eventsbywc.com to get more info, or reach out at: love@eventsbywc.com

Follow SoCal Wedding Consultant on

SoCal Wedding Consultant
3c896785b8eabe3c 1470343323868 oak canyon nature center wedding planner best oran
Happy couple

SoCal Wedding Consultant 1
SoCal Wedding Consultant 2

Andrew Aziz · Getting married on 06/03/2021

No One Better!

Over the years we have worked with a lot of different coordinators, and I do have to say I was blown away by Taryn. She is so professional and organized while also such a blast to work alongside. Taryn took control of everything and kept the day running smoothly with such a calm demeanor!

We look forward to working with Taryn again and could not recommend her more as a fantastic coordinator!

Sent on 04/18/2019

Jn Jn · Married on 07/06/2019

Perfect Wedding Day

Taryn planned the wedding we didn't think was possible, and it was as close to perfect as we could have hoped. Book her!!

Our story:

We wanted to plan an interracial, intercultural, inter-religious wedding ceremony and reception that would please everyone on both sides. Even to us it sounded like a recipe for disaster or worse, a huge let down.

We decided to have a long, 2.5 year engagement so that we could fully integrate + familiarize our families with one another. This was not a regular wedding!

In the end, everyone on both sides of the family loved it, grew from it, and walked away in awe at what we had managed to pull off.

We contacted Taryn in October of 2017 -- one year after we had gotten engaged -- because we really needed to start planning! We were looking for someone who seemed honest, organized, and had a crystal clear vision for how things should go. We didn't want a push over planner who would do anything we asked even if it was a bad idea, and we also didn't want a planner-zilla who oversold us on unnecessary details. Right in the middle -- simple right? LOL.

After speaking with multiple planners on both sides of those not-so-good spectrums, we found Taryn. I'll never forget the phone call with her. I just sort of knew she was the one. She's simple, to the point, and has done this enough times to know exactly what to do.

My husband and I are both journalists, and even more, I'm a producer... so we've both planned events big and small and spend our days worrying about details literally no one else will notice. It was going to be very hard for me especially not to get overwhelmed in trying to produce our event all ourselves, even with a wedding planner, and Taryn made it really easy for us to let go and let her handle things.

Almost two years later we got married!
    The two years we worked with Taryn were perfect. She always delivered exactly what we wanted. We got the venue, photographer, florist, food, hair and makeup we wanted, and she worked with us patiently on each and every question we had. And we had a lot of questions!

In the background, we were working through two years of intense negotiations with our families and ourselves on this epic coming together of two families who didn't know each other or each others customs and traditions. When it came time to speak with Taryn, we were exhausted from working through compromises with our families, and it was so nice to work with her because she was our little calm island in the storm around us. Planning the 50/50 split wedding of our dreams was not easy! Taryn made it easy.

When it came time for our wedding day, Taryn was there for us. I'm a high anxiety person, and so the wedding events really amped up my anxiety. We had six events in eight days... on the morning of the fourth event I woke up completely nervous and sick. I was supposed to be in charge of cutting music for our dances with our parents, but my nerves were keeping me from doing anything useful. Taryn checked in on me + the music, and I just decided to admit -- I cannot do anything. She asked if she could call me, and she did immediately. After the phone call she took over the music duties and I felt so much better.

The next day was our wedding day. It's hard for me to admit something is perfection, but our wedding really was for us. I let go as much as I could as a high anxiety planner for a living type person, and Taryn took the wheel for both of us. I didn't worry about anything and everything went exactly how we had envisioned it. I was able to be so present during my events that I didn't even see her and her team working the event. Everything ran like clockwork. The room design was beautiful, her team was great, and I just felt like I could fully let go and enjoy something almost three years in the making.

Thank you to Taryn, her team, and her array of trusted vendors. Thank you for answering every detailed question and for always coming back with a firm and knowledgable answer.

Sent on 07/14/2019

Laura · Married on 04/14/2018

We worked with Taryn on our wedding April 14, 2018, and I cannot say enough great things about her! She was so organized and helpful throughout the entire process. She kept us on track and made the planning worry-free and enjoyable. I would highly recommend Taryn. She did a wonderful job bringing our vision to life. The venue was set up beautifully and the whole wedding day was perfect. Her vendor recommendations were spot-on for us; we were so grateful to have her input. We’re very happy we went with SoCal Wedding Consultant!

Sent on 05/11/2018
    SoCal Wedding Consultant 3
    SoCal Wedding Consultant 4

SoCal Wedding Consultant FAQ

• How many planners are on your team? 4

• Provenance Rentals
    Provenance Rentals Wedding Rentals

SoCal Wedding Consult, and specifically Taryn, is a wonder to work with. She is beyond professional and really cares for her clients. I was a vendor for one of her client's weddings and she and her assistant, Keith, were at the venue early setting up, she was pleasant to deal with, easy going, calm, and absolutely professional. She was grateful for anyone working with her, and she was always on top of things and quick to respond on any emails. I would love to work with her again, and any couple would be lucky to have her as their planner. She will make your experience memorable. Amazing woman! I love Taryn!

• Svetlana Bridal Couture
    Svetlana Bridal Couture Wedding Dresses

New York Wedding Consultant team has a personal approach to each client and we advise them to make your wedding stress free, filled with joy and excitement.

• Reminisce Photo + Film
    Reminisce Photo + Film Wedding Photographers

The best in the business! I adore working with the girls over at New York Wedding Consultant. They make every event soooo pretty! It makes my job much easier when the background and details are all gorgeous. They have kept all the couples we've worked together with calm, happy and worryfree. We've worked with NYWC numerous times for the past 2 years and happily recommend them to anyone hosting an event or wedding!

• Long Beach, 90801 See on map