Long Beach, CA 90801 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About SoCal Wedding Consultant

Hailed as "the best wedding planners in Southern California", we're a boutique team of wedding planners who create effortlessly elegant, fabulously fun weddings. We're genuinely excited to be your advisor & confidant throughout the planning process.

We have been featured on television and in numerous publications and websites throughout the years. We know that each of our couples is unique in their planning process, so we don’t fit you into a mold. If you’re planning from out of town, we have an incredible online planning system in place to help you plan your wedding as though you were there in person!

We’re proud to be universal wedding planners. We have planned weddings of all different cultures and religions (and have customized the entire day to blend two religions) and we’re proud advocates of the LGBTQ+ community. We also donate a portion of every wedding that we book to causes near and dear to our hearts. Take a look at our website for a full list.

We plan weddings throughout Southern California (including San Diego), Hawaii, New York and destinations including Europe and Mexico. We so look forward to hearing from you!

Visit our website: www.eventsbywc.com to get more info, or reach out at: love@eventsbywc.com

Follow SoCal Wedding Consultant on

113 Reviews for SoCal Wedding Consultant

• Lauren

Lauren Hirata · Getting married on 06/01/2021

Trustworthy, high quality, THE BEST

We hired Taryn over a year ago for our January 2020 wedding. We decided to work with her after our hour long discovery call, in which I really connect with Taryn's work ethic and expectations. Over the year leading up to the wedding, Taryn's responsiveness and open communication made me trust her completely (hard for a Type A personality!). On the day of our wedding, Taryn's trustworthiness allowed me to hand almost everything off to her so I could focus on having fun and enjoying the day. Everything was executed to a T, and turned out better than I had imagined. Even our guests were raving about how "on top of it" and helpful Taryn and Caleb were. I cannot thank them enough!

We had two weddings on different US coasts (so two wedding planners), and Taryn was head and shoulders above everybody we worked with across both weddings. I would recommend her to everybody.

Sent on 01/26/2020

Jn Jn · Married on 07/06/2019

Perfect Wedding Day

Taryn planned the wedding we didn't think was possible, and it was as close to perfect as we could have hoped. Book her!!

Our story:

We wanted to plan an interracial, intercultural, inter-religious wedding ceremony and reception that would please everyone on both sides. Even to us it sounded like a recipe for disaster or worse, a huge let down.

We decided to have a long, 2.5 year engagement so that we could fully integrate + familiarize our families with one another. This was not a regular wedding!

In the end, everyone on both sides of the family loved it, grew from it, and walked away in awe at what we had managed to pull off.

We contacted Taryn in October of 2017 -- one year after we had gotten engaged -- because we really needed to start planning! We were looking for someone who seemed honest, organized, and had a crystal clear vision for how things should go. We didn't want a push over planner who would do anything we asked even if it was a bad idea, and we also didn't want a planner-zilla who oversold us on unnecessary details. Right in the middle -- simple right? LOL.

After speaking with multiple planners on both sides of those not-so-good spectrums, we found Taryn. I'll never forget the phone call with her. I just sort of knew she was the one. She's simple, to the point, and has done this enough times to know exactly what to do.

My husband and I are both journalists, and even more, I'm a producer... so we've both planned events big and small and spend our days worrying about details literally no one else will notice. It was going to be very hard for me especially not to get overwhelmed in trying to produce our event all ourselves, even with a wedding planner, and Taryn made it really easy for us to let go and let her handle things.

Almost two years later we got married!
    The two years we worked with Taryn were perfect. She always delivered exactly what we wanted. We got the venue, photographer, florist, food, hair and makeup we wanted, and she worked with us patiently on each and every question we had. And we had a lot of questions!

In the background, we were working through two years of intense negotiations with our families and ourselves on this epic coming together of two families who didn't know each other or each others customs and traditions. When it came time to speak with Taryn, we were exhausted from working through compromises with our families, and it was so nice to work with her because she was our little calm island in the storm around us. Planning the 50/50 split wedding of our dreams was not easy! Taryn made it easy.

When it came time for our wedding day, Taryn was there for us. I'm a high anxiety person, and so the wedding events really amped up my anxiety. We had six events in eight days... on the morning of the fourth event I woke up completely nervous and sick. I was supposed to be in charge of cutting music for our dances with our parents, but my nerves were keeping me from doing anything useful. Taryn checked in on me + the music, and I just decided to admit -- I cannot do anything. She asked if she could call me, and she did immediately. After the phone call she took over the music duties and I felt so much better.

The next day was our wedding day. It's hard for me to admit something is perfection, but our wedding really was for us. I let go as much as I could as a high anxiety planner for a living type person, and Taryn took the wheel for both of us. I didn't worry about anything and everything went exactly how we had envisioned it. I was able to be so present during my events that I didn't even see her and her team working the event. Everything ran like clockwork. The room design was beautiful, her team was great, and I just felt like I could fully let go and enjoy something almost three years in the making.

Thank you to Taryn, her team, and her array of trusted vendors. Thank you for answering every detailed question and for always coming back with a firm and knowledgable answer.

Sent on 07/14/2019

SoCal Wedding Consultant FAQ

• What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Eco-Friendly
    Military
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

• Provenance Rentals Wedding Rentals

SoCal Wedding Consult, and specifically Taryn, is a wonder to work with. She is beyond professional and really cares for her clients. I was a vendor for one of her client's weddings and she and her assistant, Keith, were at the venue early setting up, she was pleasant to deal with, easy going, calm, and absolutely professional. She was grateful for anyone working with her, and she was always on top of things and quick to respond on any emails. I would love to work with her again, and any couple would be lucky to have her as their planner. She will make your experience memorable. Amazing woman! I love Taryn!

• Svetlana Bridal Couture Wedding Dresses

New York Wedding Consultant team has a personal approach to each client and we advise them to make your wedding stress free, filled with joy and excitement.

• Reminisce Photo + Film Wedding Photographers

The best in the business! I adore working with the girls over at New York Wedding Consultant. They make every event soooo pretty! It makes my job much easier when the background and details are all gorgeous. They have kept all the couples we've worked together with calm, happy and worryfree. We've worked with NYWC numerous times for the past 2 years and happily recommend them to anyone hosting an event or wedding!

• Long Beach, 90801 See on map
    9492420130 (Phone number)
    Location of (SoCal Wedding Consultant)