220 Maple Rd, Easton, CT 06612 Map · Phone number
1 review

About Skinny Pines, LLC

A life long Easton resident, Jeff Borofsky, Head Chef  and Owner of Skinny Pines, LLC, has a wealth of experience in the kitchen, and is one of Connecticut's most sought after farm to table wood fired caterers. His passion for use of local ingredients has allowed him to partner with farms and farmers markets throughout Connecticut and New York.

Jeff grew up with a strong interest in cooking, and began his culinary career at the Connecticut Culinary Institute, one of Connecticut's top culinary schools. He went on to manage a corporate kitchen in Southington, CT before moving back to his hometown of Easton.

In 2010, Jeff chose to follow his passion for locally inspired, seasonal catering and start Skinny Pines, LLC. Since then, he has been bringing his unique, wood fired oven to both family and business events, and has been a popular vendor at local farmer's markets.  He has also been an active mentor to other wood fired caterers throughout the country, hosting networking events and participating in international events that include the mobile oven community

Follow Skinny Pines, LLC on

Emily · Married on 10/20/2015

1.5
      0.5
      1.0

This was the worst experience I have ever had with a Pizza Truck. I could not be more upset. My fiance and I wanted a laid back vibe so a Pizza Truck was right up our alley. We went down and tried Skinny Pines, the pizza was great, small in size but Jeff assured us that the pizzas would be larger if he did our catering. We emailed him with specifics, times and dates. I contacted him a couple weeks before to ask what items would be available for topping so I could make a home-made sign with specific food options if there were people with dietary restrictions and to confirm that we were scheduled for our wedding date. He took a week to respond and only after I sent another prompting email. He said, he would not know what topics would be available until the week before the event because they bought fresh from a local farmers market, which was understandable. We contacted him with a final headcount (about 80 people) and he emailed us back with the wrong time span for the wedding day. We had booked him from 5-8pm with appetizers and pizza for that time. He insisted that we had said 6-8pm. I was upset, we had people expecting food at a certain time and already had everything laid out in the timeline and on the invitations. My fiance emailed him back with a screen shot of the time he had originally agreed to (5-8pm) and he begrudgingly agreed, saying that "we must have caught him on a good day." The day comes and the pizza trucks arrives, sets up and starts serving the appetizers at 5pm. They only sent out a handful of appetizers before they started making the pizza, most guests did not even get to try the pork bites. The pizza is good, everyone is happy but around 7pm, the Pizza truck starts packing up. They then asked one of my bridesmaids for a tip before they left which I thought was pretty ballsy. They ended up leaving befor 7:30pm which broke our agreed contract and then he had the nerve to send my fiance a bill for a $150 tip. As IF!!! Do NOT RECOMMEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 08/11/2015

Skinny Pines, LLC's reply:

Hi Emily,

Thank you for leaving feedback on this website. I only wish I found this months ago. We will disagree for sure on the events of your wedding day and I'd like to apologize for that.

To us leaving at 7:30, 2.5 hours after stating to make pizza. We ran out of pizza. We didn't just choose to leave early because we still had product. Was pizza and buns the only food offered for 80 guests?

Thank you for bringing these issues to light. I'm sure they will help me have a better business and ensure prompt returns of emails. We also have emails from Joe that said we did a great job and our staff was very friendly and even promised my Team Leader to mail a tip. If you didn't like our service that day, I wish you would have spoken to my TL about it. That to my knowledge didn't happen.

Dear potential customers; here is the truth of how we cater events:

Skinny Pines, LLC FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for buffet service?
    $ 36.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations?
    $ 20
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres?
    $ 15.00
    Set Up
  • What catering services do you provide?
    Buffet
    Cocktail Reception
    Dessert
    Family Style
    Hors d'oeuvres
    Lunch
    Stations
  • What types of cuisine do you cater?
    American
    BBQ
    Italian
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Gluten Free
    Vegan
    Vegetarian

• 220 Maple Rd Easton, 06612 See on map
    2037278177 (Phone number)
    Location of (Skinny Pines, LLC)