Seven Seas Pearls

Los Angeles, CA View map

Hello! My name is Georges Hajjar. My wife Rula and I are the owners of Seven Seas Pearls. For me, there is something so unexplainable, so beautiful about pearls - it has been my passion for as long as I can remember. Seven Seas Pearls is a company business that has been handed down through the generations. It is original form, my parents actively traded in diamonds, colored stones and pearls.

After graduating with a double major in Commerce and French literature, I decided to expand the pearl division of our family business and made arrangements to live in Japan. Japan was, and by and large still is, the heart and soul of the pearl business. I knew that if I was going to expand the pearl division of the company that I needed to be close to the pearl farmers on a constant basis, I wanted to be able to interact with them daily - not just when I needed inventory. I wanted to immerse myself in everything to do with pearls. I wanted to witness the pearl harvests, and see pearls being pulled out of the shells. I wanted to talk to the pearl farmers, not just negotiate with them. I wanted to share some of their stories, memories and their journey with this gem. And so I did. I learned Japanese, expanded the family business, added staff and eventually moved into my own property.

In 2001, I expanded my horizons once again and moved to Los Angeles, California, where I earned my GIA Pearl Graduate Degree. I had always dreamed of owning a direct import pearl showroom, Los Angeles was the perfect location. Our Los Angeles showroom combines the strengths of our direct sources in Japan and our offices worldwide -thus creating the ultimate in both selection and value. For me, each pearl is unique and beautiful, I invite you to stop by our showroom our tour our website and share in the beauty of our Seven Seas Pearls.