Selections Entertainment

Raleigh, NC View map

Selections Entertainment is a one stop shop specializing in event planning, wedding planning, catering, rentals & advertising.

What is the average catering price per person for plated service?

$30.00

What is the average catering price per person for buffet service?

$25.00

What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres?

$15.00

Tastings
Linens
Flatware
Glassware

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$20.00

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)

What event services do you provide?

Delivery
Set Up
Clean Up

What catering services do you provide?

Buffet
Cocktail Reception
Family Style
Hors d'oeuvres
Plated
Server(s)

What types of cuisine do you cater?

American
Caribbean
Southern

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

No Pork
Vegan
Vegetarian

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)

Which of the following items can you provide?

Barware
Flatware
Glassware
Linens
2.8
    Meghan Married on 06/29/2013
    Michelle helped us with day-of wedding coordination, but she did a lot more than that! She met with us numerous times throughout the wedding-planning process to make sure everything would go as planned (we had a lot of vendors to coordinate). She was very responsive to phone calls and emails, which was very helpful because my mother and sister (maid of honor) live out of town. Our wedding day was perfect, and everything happened on time (a big concern of mine) thanks to Michelle and her staff.

Selections Entertainment was the most reasonably priced wedding coordination service that I could find in the Raleigh area, and I would definitely recommend them to anyone!
  • User1691050 2+ years ago
    The prices were very reasonable and included linens and dishes. During the tasting the food was ok. I heard the fruit was delicious and beautifully arranged at the cocktail hour. However, I also hired Selections Entertainment to do my rehearsal dinner. The beef that was served was sour! Many of the guests complained about the taste of the beef. The following day, the morning of my wedding, half of the wedding party was sick including myself. Chills, upset stomach and vomiting. No one attended the bridesmaid brunch because everyone was sick, so that was money lost. When this was brought to the attention of Michelle she denied it and tried to blame it on a cheesecake that someone had brought in although, most of the people who were sick had not eaten the cheesecake, but they had all eaten the beef. Michelle only offered a 10% refund, which I felt was unacceptable. As for the food at the actual wedding, the pre-packaged salad was delicious. I cannot tell you about the rest of the food because I refused to eat it, but it was too late to change caterers. She also did not have a professional look at the wedding, however her staff did. Not to mention that we had our venue until midnight and I lost half of my deposit because Michelle stayed until 1:15 am washing dishes even though they stopped serving food several hours before that. She said she had worked with the venue before but then denied knowing that she was supposed to be out at midnight. Would I use them again? NO. Would I recommend them to anyone? NO
    Porsha Married on 10/04/2014
    If I could give less than one star I would. My husband and I worked very closely with this business during our wedding planning process. They promised us that they could handle a large wedding of more than 400 guests. The food tasting went very badly and we were served warmed over food and boxed mashed potatoes. Despite the fact that our wedding started late, the food was still not ready on time. The prices were reasonable, the bartenders that we used through their company did a good enough job. However, the food at our reception was horrible. Guests reported that drinks were served out of Hawaiian Punch containers.The way the food was presented just made us feel embarrassed. The staff working with the caterers were dressed down and did not look like they knew they would be attending a wedding reception. We paid for shrimp and grits to be served during dinner and the caters made the decision without consulting with us that they would serve it during cocktail hour. Michelle would rather go tit for tat and point fingers than to accept her responsibility in the matter. We have been going back and forth with them trying to reach some type of an agreement and they do not want to accept responsibility for their actions. I would never imagine booking them again and I would not recommend them to anyone. This was the most important day of our lives and we spent a great deal of money on our wedding and hiring this company was our one regret. We filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and I see that we weren't the only ones dissatisfied with this company. Nothing has been done to assist in resolving our issue. Once the event is over she doesn't admit fault for anything and doesn't offer any compensation. Please read reviews and educate yourself before choosing this company.

Pricing

Selections Entertainment Price Rates

4801 Glenwood Ave. Ste. 200 Raleigh, NC, 27610
9193457718
Location of (Selections Entertainment)

Other vendors in Raleigh for your wedding