18071 Germanna Hwy, Culpeper, VA 22701 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $3,800
Availability Check your date

About Sarah Houston Photography

Hello!

I am a self taught fine art wedding photographer serving Charlottesville, Virginia and surrounding areas, I'd love to learn more about your wedding day and hopefully have the honor of curating your love story!

My collections start at $3,800 and both collections include an Engagement Session as well as edited photographs in an online gallery!

Follow Sarah Houston Photography on

Other couples have also viewed

• Pam Banegas Photography

29 Reviews for Sarah Houston Photography

• Kelsey

Kelsey M. · Getting married on 06/10/2022

Gorgeous!!

We can't say enough good things about Sarah!! She made us feel so comfortable at our engagement session.. when we are not photogenic!
    Then to have her at the wedding!! She and her team were amazing!! I have gotten so many compliments on my photos!!! LOVE LOVE!!
    She is the best!!

Sent on 12/03/2020

Sarah Houston Photography's reply:

Aww yay!!! Thank you so much Kelsey! We enjoyed celebrating with you & Drum so much and it was such an awesome day:) I will cherish the cat eats from your reception forever!!
  • Paige

Paige J. · Married on 11/29/2020

Couldn’t imagine our wedding without Sarah!

There aren’t enough words to express Sarah’s talent; she has a heart of gold, and passion for capturing life’s special moments that shines with every couple. From the moment we were engaged, I was most nervous about how our photos would turn out. My husband is NOT into taking photos (closed eyes, funny faces, you name it, he’ll do it to ruin a picture). I was familiar with Sarah’s work, and when I looked further into her portfolio, was blown away by the beauty she creates. From engagement shoot to wedding day, Sarah doesn’t miss a beat. She was generous with recommendations, available any time I had a question or concern - even months out from the wedding she made herself available.

When it comes to take photos, if it’s cold and windy - she’s got you covered. Sun in your eyes - she has a solution for that too. Awkward about taking photos - don’t worry, she’ll have you laughing in no time and you’ll forget there’s a photographer there! She rolls with the punches (and put up with a lot of crazy jokes and comments from my husband.) After the wedding, my husband said “wow, she really is great at making you feel natural”. Sarah reminds you of the love between you, and captures the sweet, intimate moments in every shot. Because of her photos, we’ll be able to re-live our wedding day over and over!

If I could say one thing about Sarah: she’s more than a “photographer”, but a true gem of a human. She goes out of her way to make your wedding day, or any life event, that much more special. Not having a bridal party, Sarah acted as my bridesmaid, friend, and photographer. She helped with my dress, my shoes, calming my nerves, and knew how to keep my emotions in check. I truly cannot imagine my wedding day without Sarah.

Sent on 12/05/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren S. · Married on 10/24/2020

More than a photographer

Sarah is more than a photographer that captures your day beautifully - she also ensures the day is as smooth as possible and becomes a friend. Our engagement and wedding photos were beyond what we could’ve imagined. She truly knows how to make you feel comfortable so that the photos capture your love. She has such an eye for photography. She found very beautiful spots for our engagement photos at UVA and great spots at our venue I never would’ve even thought of. She also captured all the tiny details of our wedding which was really important to me. She makes your visions come to life in photos. Not only are her portraits stunning, but the candids taken during the reception are amazing. Looking through the reception photos of all our family and friends dancing and having fun was one of my favorite parts of looking through tour wedding album. She captured all aspects of the day - small details, the love between my husband and I, and the fun our guests were having. Aside from her beautiful photos, Sarah helps your big day go so smoothly and truly cares about her couples. My wedding was 80 degrees at the end of October and when my husband got overheated, she went into mom mode making sure we got to the bridal suite for him to cool down and got him water. She bustled my dress for me after the ceremony. When I was getting very hungry during our photos, she gave me a granola bar. She was so patient with our elderly grandparents for family photos. The week before my wedding, all of the weather apps were calling for rain. Through my tears and stress, Sarah always ensured me my day would be perfect and she would make sure of it (and it didn’t even end up raining at all!) She didn’t have to do any of this but she did because she cares about her couples and wants to ensure your day is perfect. She was way more than a wedding vendor - she became a friend. We can’t recommend Sarah enough!

Sent on 10/26/2020

Sarah Houston Photography's reply:

I’m literally crying reading this, I am beyond grateful I was able to celebrate with you and Tyler, it really was an amazing day and I’m so so honored to have been part of it. I adore you both so much!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Sarah Houston Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3800.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    2nd Shooter
    High-Res Images
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 3800.00
    2nd Shooter
    One Event / Day
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Film
    Natural
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    High-Res Images
    Second Shooter
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas

• ImTheDJ.net Wedding DJs

Sarah is sweet, a true professional and an amazing photographer. She goes way above and beyond and always delivers amazing photos. You need to book her now! She is in high demand because many people trust her with their engagement and wedding photos. You will love her!

• Endless Creations Flowers and Gifts Wedding Florists

Sarah is the sweetest most genuine person you would want to meet. Oh did I mention she is a gifted photographer as well. I have been fortunate enough to have worked with her many times.

• Rose Hill Heritage Farm
    Rose Hill Heritage Farm Barn & Farm Weddings

Sarah's work is gorgeous. She is so helpful and cute. You are definitely in good hands throughout the entire wedding process, from engagement photos to wedding ceremony!

• 18071 Germanna Hwy Culpeper, District of Columbia, 22701 See on map
    Location of (Sarah Houston Photography)