San Diego Public Library

• Luce Loft
  • House of Blues San Diego

2 Reviews for San Diego Public Library

Caley · Married on 02/21/2015

The Shiley event space at the SD Central Library was stunning. The staff was knowledgeable, helpful and courteous. We enjoyed working with the group and the final result was a spectacular wedding!

Sent on 02/24/2015

Katie · Married on 09/08/2012

3.4
      2.5
      3.5
      3.5
      3.0

Ok, so before I say anything- I rented the special event suite on the 9th floor and it was GORGEOUS. The library is in the middle of downtown San Diego and the views are amazing. Working with the coordinator and other staff however, is another story. I don't know if it was because they are still getting the hang of having weddings there because it's a relatively new venue, but I received varying information from multiple employees throughout the planning process, policies would change 2 or 3 times (including changing which fees weren't included in the base fee TWO DAYS before my wedding), and when I did a site visit 3 weeks before the wedding the coordinator, Martin, told me there was a possibility that the library hours might change which would mean that the area where I was going to have my ceremony would be open to the public- but he really didn't have any concrete information to when exactly they would find that out or when it would go into effect but he was pretty sure it was around the first of the month (and my wedding was on the 6th of the month). I might be a little forgiving of that, but he didn't even seem concerned or sympathetic that this was potentially going to create a big problem for me. I'm still having a dispute regarding the rate (they want to bill me as a commercial group, which is a lot more) and they also added another security guard without notifying me (at a cost of almost $400) because they said that they have to have an additional security guard on site when alcohol is being served (even though I was never told about this).
    It's a great venue just for the location and the aesthetics of the rooms and you can bring in any vendors you want which saves a LOT of money, but be VERY firm and direct when telling them what you want, get EVERYTHING in writing and save every email because you'll need it. As long as you're organized and decisive, you'll be fine and you'll love the photos you get from this place.

Sent on 09/29/2014