Private Home, Toms River, NJ 08050 Map · Phone number

About Reverend Caitlyn Wright

Are you a Japanese Agnostic-Italian Quaker couple? How about the son of a Presbyterian preacher marrying the daughter of a Reform Jewish rabbi? A gay Jordanian Muslim man about to wed a Latino Wiccan? Perhaps a lesbian Hindu-Catholic couple? Or a Chinese couple looking to incorporate your family's Buddhism and your newly adopted Christianity into your ceremony?

Maybe you left religion when you were young, but your mother (who is helping to pay for the whole thing) can't imagine hosting a wedding without *some* mention of Our Lord. Maybe you're deeply religious, but the mention of God makes your partner uncomfortable. Maybe you consider yourself spiritual but not religious, and want a God-centered ceremony without committing to any particular dogma. Maybe you and your partner are of the same faith, but your families and guests are from other religious backgrounds, and you don't want to alienate anyone with a single-faith event.

Maybe you need an officiant that won't insist that you convert to your partner's religion, or that you raise your children in your partner's faith. Maybe you are deeply committed to a faith whose institutional hierarchy has rejected you for being divorced or LGBT. Maybe you don't like the wedding format offered by your local house of worship. Maybe you have no religious beliefs at all, but feel a civil ceremony before a judge is too impersonal. Maybe, simply, the officiant you initially wanted was unavailable.

Maybe you would like to burn incense, or plant a tree, or light a bonfire at your wedding. Maybe the church you would have gotten married in frowns upon your Dr. Who-and-Bioshock theme.

My name is Reverend Caitlyn Wright, and if you are any of the above and live in New Jersey or New York City, I am your minister.

I am an Interfaith minister, a graduate of the New Seminary and ordained through the Interfaith Temple. My training is in merging and negotiating multiple cultures and faith paths to produce never-before-seen and unforgettable events.

My job as your officiant is to help you build a ceremony that reflects YOUR tastes, religious beliefs, and cultural backgrounds. My aim is not to project my background unto my clients, but to weave together my clients' own spiritual and cultural lives into a ceremony that respects and honors everyone and everything involved.

I will assist you in articulating your beliefs and desires in a personalized ceremony. I will help you negotiate with your partner and your families around problematic religious and cultural concerns. And if you are feeling lost about what to include in your ceremony, never fear! I have a large and always growing repertoire of celebratory elements spanning multiple faiths and cultures available to you.

From simple to elaborate, completely secular to deeply religious, no faith to single-faith to interfaith, monocultural to multicultural, I will be with you every step of the way to help you organize your ceremony into a respectful, loving, meaningful, and above all unforgettable event!

The Interfaith movement, of which I am blessed to be a part, is founded on the principles of non-discrimination and inclusion. I will proudly preside over a wedding, vow renewal, or committment ceremony honoring any loving and equal union between freely and soberly consenting adults.

I will gladly co-officiate with another minister, rabbi, etc, if requested.

Follow Reverend Caitlyn Wright on

072 0781

18 Reviews for Reverend Caitlyn Wright

• Lisa

Lisa · Married on 03/17/2017

Caitlyn was AMAZING, my husband and I could not have been happier with our ceremony! Caitlyn really took the time to get to know us and build a personalized ceremony, no cookie-cutter script here! People kept coming up to me after the ceremony saying it was "so us" and one of the best wedding ceremonies they've witnessed. Through out the entire planning process, Caitlyn was very responsive and prompt. I got the full ceremony script over a month before the big day, and suggested readings and discussions took place months and months in advance. I would recommend her to anyone planning their big day. Thank you again Caitlyn, you made our day so special and Mike and I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 03/29/2017

Emma · Married on 05/20/2016

Caitlyn was AMAZING! We had a non-religious ceremony that incorporated a few elements (readings, wine box ceremony, family participation) and she was so accommodating and flexible! Everyone told us what a beautiful ceremony it was and how much they loved all of the personal touches. Caitlyn did a fantastic job and I would definitely recommend her due to her sweet personality, dedication to her couples, high writing quality, ease to work with, and incorporation of the couples' requests. Our ceremony was beautiful and we have Caitlyn to thank for leading the ceremony! Thank you so much, Caitlyn! Love from Emma and Paul

Sent on 05/25/2016

Monica · Married on 09/19/2015

Caitlyn did her homework and wrote the most beautiful vows for our wedding. She really listened to us and what can I say; over delivered on our expectations! Thx Caitlyn for helping make our day perfect!

Sent on 11/04/2015

Award

Reverend Caitlyn Wright FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 300.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Rehearsal
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 300.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? Yes
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 50.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Ceremony Rehearsal, Civil Union, Single Religion
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? NJ, NY