Rev. Mercy - Bilingual Wedding Officiant

Los Angeles, CA View map Visit website
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$797 Typical Price

Rev. Mercy - Bilingual Wedding Officiant is a wedding officiant based in Los Angeles, California. Company founder and lead officiant Mercedes Ibarra is a bilingual Interfaith and Interspiritual Minister who is fluent in both English and Spanish. Ordained by One Spirit Interfaith Seminary in 2016, Rev. Mercy specializes in creating unique ceremonies for couples who don't fit the traditional mold. Whether couples come from multi-faith households or identify as spiritual rather than religious, Rev. Mercy can customize a ceremony that gives them a sense of tradition and community. She also believes that Love is Love and Black Lives Matter. Rev. Mercy is currently providing COVID-safe weddings.

• Personalized and meaningful ceremonies
  • Bilingual Spanish and English ceremonies
  • All-Spanish or all-English ceremonies
  • Interfaith or Multi-faith ceremonies
  • Single-faith ceremonies
  • Spiritual but not religious ceremonies
  • Secular ceremonies
  • Civil Unions
  • Vow renewals
  • Planning meetings
  • Rehearsals
  • Pre-marital/spiritual counseling
  • Signing and returning the marriage license to the appropriate county clerk
  • Hispanic or Latinx-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$797

Which of the following are included in the price?

Ceremony Rehearsal

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$700

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?

$147

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union
Single Religion

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Licensed
Premarital Counseling
Bilingual

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Shinto
Sikhism
Taoist
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.
30-60 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

AL
WA
WV
WI
WY

What languages do you speak?

English
Spanish
illustration question

Do you have additional questions?

Message vendor

Nathalie H. Married on 11/06/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Pick her as your next officiant!

Meeting Mercy was like meeting a new friend. She got to know us as a couple on a zoom call and from there I knew that we had met the perfect officiant! She listened and took notes on our story. She's a great listener and had wrote down so many meaningful details from our story. When she sent our wedding ceremony over google live docs...I was in tears! It was super funny, had all of the right jokes and moments from our relationship and was super meaningful. I feel so lucky to have met Rev. Mercy on here. you can tell what she does is important and meaningful to her. She puts her soul into writing your ceremony. My wedding guests kept raving on about my ceremony and my officiant. A frequent comment was how she made them feel like they were really a part of the ceremony

Rev. Mercy - Bilingual Wedding Officiant's reply:

Hi Nathalie,

Thank you for taking the time to post such lovely reviews on two different sites! Again, I am so happy and grateful to have been part of your wedding day. I'm thrilled that you and your family and guests were so happy with the ceremony. I really enjoyed working with you and Andrew to create it. I wish you, Andrew, and Jackson a beautiful life full of love and happiness.

With love and gratitude,

Mercy
    Brenda Married on 11/05/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

We had an amazing experience

Best choice we made . Our ceremony was amazing ! rev. Mercy made it the most unique and intimate ceremony we could ask for . If I had to choose I would choose her again. She makes you feel so relaxed and comfortable.my husband and I are grateful to have had her be our officiant.

Rev. Mercy - Bilingual Wedding Officiant's reply:

Hi Brenda,

Thank you so much for such a lovely review! I absolutely loved working with you and Carlos and like I've said before, your ritual was one of my favorites ever! May you have a beautiful holiday season in your new home together and may you have all the love and happiness in the world!

With love and gratitude,

Mercy
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Message vendor

Team

Mercedes Ibarra
Mercedes Ibarra
Owner/Officiant

Hello, I'm Mercedes, a.k.a, Rev. Mercy! I'm the daughter of Cuban immigrants, born and raised here in the Los Angeles County area (specifically in Hawthorne and Inglewood). My first language was Spanish and I speak Spanish and English fluently.

I grew up Catholic, but I was always surrounded by what author Luisah Teish calls the "whispers" of the Afro-Cuban Lukumí tradition. When I got to college, I discovered yoga, which led me Hinduism. When I was 25, I married an atheist-Muslim who introduced me to Buddhism. Eventually all of this spiritual seeking led me to One Spririt Interfaith Seminary, where I was ordained as an Interfaith/Interspiritual Minister in 2016.

The day of my ordination, one of my old friends sent me a message asking me to officiate his wedding because he could not find a bilingual officiant who understood his Dominican culture nor his and his fiancee's non-religious spirituality. I said yes to officiating their wedding and fell in love with the entire process, so much so, that I've been officiating weddings ever since.

Another big thing to know about me? I'm also a professional Flamenco dancer and teacher. That's why you see me here in polka-dots.

541 N COMMONWEALTH AVE Los Angeles, CA, 90004
Location of (Rev. Mercy - Bilingual Wedding Officiant)

Other vendors in Los Angeles for your wedding