Rachel May Photography

Charlottesville, VA View map
$8,150 Most Popular Price

$8,150 Most Popular Price

Our goal is to deliver a genuine document that is well balanced between fine art, documentary, & classic portraiture; preserving our clients most valued relationships, moments, & experiences.

To achieve this, we make it a priority to get to know our clients. Understanding who our clients are, what and who is important to them. This allows us to customize the experience to each of our clients and create a memorable set of images that are personal and heartfelt.

Amidst the "to dos" of the day, we are constantly searching for those meaningful moments in between. The ones that immediately will take you back, give you goose bumps, and make your heart swell.

We believe in creating space for love to exist and life too unfold; space that cultivates organic moments over forced poses. The end result is an authentic representation of the real love, life, and little details that tell the story of your day.

• Michelle
    Michelle G. Married on 08/06/2020

So much more than a photographer! Rachel is an artist, a planner, a storyteller.

Rachel photographed my small, intimate ceremony in DC this past summer. As a small wedding of less than 20 people, we wanted someone who could capture that intimacy for us. Rachel did an incredible job, capturing small moments between all of us (and taking those obligatory family shots in the heat of DC in June!). It must be said that Rachel went beyond the call of duty as our photographer. Being an intimate celebration, our day was pretty loosely scheduled and Rachel was so flexible, rolling with us and letting us live in all of our moments. She even picked up my bouquet and my husband’s boutonniere from our florist on the day of the wedding. On top of that, she sent our mothers prints of all our photos. Her photos are happily displayed in three homes now - we’ll be fawning over them for years! She has such a clear talent that we can see in every shot and we really appreciate everything she did for us - so much more than we ever expected!
  • Mel
    Mel Married on 07/24/2020

More than a Photographer

Rachel and her husband are an incredible team. We first met Rachel for our engagement photo session. We were a bit nervous for it, as my husband and I don't really enjoy getting our pictures taken, but she made us feel so comfortable and we actually had a lot of fun during the entire session. Before we even saw the pictures, we knew we wanted her to be the photographer for our wedding as well. And when we saw the engagement photos that really solidified our decision. You can tell that Rachel cares deeply about her clients and making the experience the best she can for them.

We had to postpone our wedding, but decided to get officially married on our original planned date and asked Rachel if she could be there to capture the day. We were nothing short of impressed by our 2nd experience with Rachel and she made our elopement wedding photos absolutely perfect.

Fast forward a few more months and we finally had our wedding with friends and family, and Rachel and her husband absolutely went above and beyond to help out during the day. There was a huge rainstorm that passed over our venue just as the bridal party finished getting ready and Rachel took the lead to help make sure I got over to the venue without ruining my freshly done hair, makeup, and wedding gown. I truly can't imagine having gone through the day without Rachel there. I'm so grateful for all of the thought and care she puts into help making sure your wedding day goes perfectly.

She has such a good eye for capturing the true emotions that we experienced that day, and it shows in her photos. She doesn't just take pictures, she makes them into an elegant story. My husband often describes her as a magician, because we are truly blown away by every photo she has shared with us.

Rachel May Photography is well worth every penny. I will absolutely hire her again for all of my future photography needs. You won't regret it!
    Jessica R. Married on 10/12/2019

Perfection

Rachel May was easily the best wedding vendor I had from start to finish. We had a private venue, and she came out to the site a year in advance. I even changed my ceremony location based on her excellent recommendation! On the morning of my wedding, I was feeling a bit crazed, but I instantly relaxed when she arrived! She was literally like a second event coordinator—making sure everything was seamless. My husband and I truly enjoyed spending the day with Rachel and her team. At the end of the night, I didn’t even want them to leave! As if this wasn’t a glowing recommendation already, she sent me a GORGEOUS (and quite large) sneak peak three days after my wedding. I can’t emphasize how professional, talented, and wonder Rachel is, and I am so thankful she was a part of my special day.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Transformations Artistry Transformations Artistry Wedding Hair & Makeup

I'm always excited to find that I'm booked on a wedding with Rachel! She brings such a calm to our bridal parties and expertly captures their very best moments with grace and finesse.

Wedding Preacher for Hire Wedding Preacher for Hire Wedding Officiants

Rachel May was the photographer for a wedding at which I officiated last year. That wedding appeared in Southern Living Magazine! How often does that happen?! She really does have an eye for balance and color. Evidently the folks at Southern Living recognized that. I can vouch for the fact that she is unobtrusive in her picture taking, which is important for guests and for wedding officiants both! Rachel is a top rate wedding photographer.

Stevenson Ridge Stevenson Ridge Historic Weddings

Stevenson Ridge is happy to recommend Rachel May Photography for any couple getting married. She is very talented and loves what she does. Her pictures are absolutely beautiful!! Rachel took most of the pictures of our cabins and cottages that can be found on our website. We have known her for years and it has been a wonderful relationship. You will not be disappointed if you hire Rachel!

Charlottesville, VA, 22911
Location of (Rachel May Photography)

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding