Rachel May Photography

Engagement
Shoot included

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Rachel May Photography

VA wedding photographers with a passion for light, impeccable composition, and joy filled imagery.

We are a husband and wife photography duo based in Virginia who loves adventuring across the globe with a passion for beautiful light, impeccable composition, and moments filled with joy.

Our deepest desire is to deliver a genuine document that is well balanced between fine art, documentary, and classic portraiture; preserving our clients most valued relationships, moments, and experiences.

It warms our hearts to look at the final set of images and feel the moment all over again, knowing that our clients will not only feel it as well, but exponentially because those moments belong to them.

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Regions serviced: Richmond, Washington DC, Hampton Roads

Follow Rachel May Photography on

30 Reviews for Rachel May Photography

High-Res Images (1)
Albums (1)
Digital Files (1)

I'm so thankful Rachel May was able to photograph our wedding! Rachel and her second photographer captured all the details of the day beautifully in a very natural way that made us and the guests feel very comfortable. Rachel was also great at capturing all the family photos we wanted and using everyone's time wisely. The photos turned out as gorgeous as all the samples of her work I had seen before picking her and I know we and our future children will cherish these lovely memories of our happy day for years to come!

Profile Picture Hope, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Rachel (and her husband and second shooters) are absolutely fantastic! She took both our engagement pictures and our wedding photos, and each and every photo is breathtaking. So many of our family and friends have commented that they are the most beautiful pictures they have ever seen, and all photos come in both color and in black and white (I thought this was wonderful). Rachel got every photo that we wanted and tons of really great candids. She captured a ton of really special moments, really sweet moments, and some totally hysterical moments, too! I would highly suggest Rachel to any bride looking for a wedding photographer. I cannot thank her or her second shooters enough. Thank you, Rachel!!!

Profile Picture User4858763, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, High-Res Images

Rachel May is an absolutely wonderful photographer and a pleasure to work with. My husband and I had a lot of schedule constraints because we were coming in from out of town and Rachel May was accommodating and gracious at every turn, from shooting our engagement photos on Valentines Day to the wedding on her own anniversary. She has a wonderful eye for lighting and composition, provided a lovely wedding gift set, and sent us sneak peaks of our photos right away! Rachel May is a lot of fun to work with and I would highly recommend her to any bride looking for an organized, talented, and experienced photographer.

Profile Picture Harriet, 5/31/15, 7 Reviews

Negatives
Proofs
4 AWARDS

4 ENDORSEMENTS
I'm always excited to find that I'm booked on a wedding with Rachel! She brings such a calm to our bridal parties and expertly captures their very best moments with grace and finesse.

Rachel May was the photographer for a wedding at which I officiated last year. That wedding appeared in Southern Living Magazine! How often does that happen?! She really does have an eye for balance and color. Evidently the folks at Southern Living recognized that. I can vouch for the fact that she is unobtrusive in her picture taking, which is important for guests and for wedding officiants both! Rachel is a top rate wedding photographer.

Stevenson Ridge is happy to recommend Rachel May Photography for any couple getting married. She is very talented and loves what she does. Her pictures are absolutely beautiful!! Rachel took most of the pictures of our cabins and cottages that can be found on our website. We have known her for years and it has been a wonderful relationship. You will not be disappointed if you hire Rachel!

The several times I've worked with RClarke Photography I've witnessed the client enjoying <b>outstanding professional photographic service with a personal touch</b>. A pleasure to work with, RClarke Photography works very well with all vendors resulting in professional and caring service to the client. Providing more than pictures, RClarke Photography provides memories that will last a life time...all with a smile! <br>Geoffrey "Jeff" Stevens<br> The Dj to Go<br> Fredericsburg, VA<br> www.djiigo.com</b></b>

Events