Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Quinn's Goldsmith

Your Diamond Store - 1st Place Design Winner IJO 2014

Mr. Terry Quinn recently won 1st Place for Design in a competition by the Independent Jewelers Organization (IJO) for United States and Canada.

Quinn’s Goldsmith is an award-winning jewelry store located in historic Occoquan, Virginia with a new, second store in Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center in Woodbridge, Virginia. Quinn’s Goldsmith is a full-service jewelry store. Not only do we sell designer bridal and fashion jewelry, we also have a full-time staff of five jewelers and goldsmiths. We will design and create the engagement ring of your dreams! If your ring was bought elsewhere, we’ll create the perfect companion wedding band! Our workshop motto is “We guarantee the perfect match”. We can also customize and repair any piece of jewelry. Quinn’s buys and trades gold and diamonds. We have a standard upgrade policy for all our diamonds.

Since 1990, Quinn’s Goldsmith has prided itself in creating happiness for all their customers, and our customers have made us proud. In March 2014, Terry Quinn's custom design won 1st Place for Custom Design in a nationwide contest by the Independent Jewelers Organization. Over the years, we have been voted by our customers and community as: winner of First Place for Best Fine Jewelry Store in Best of Virginia 2013, the Best Jeweler in Prince William County in 2008 and 2006; the Prince William Regional Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year Award in 2007; the Best Designer Jewelry in the Washington DC Metropolitan area by WUSA-9 A-List in 2006; and in 1998 won the Virginia Chamber of Commerce Fantastic 50 Award. (We are the only jewelry store ever to receive this award).

Categories: Wedding Jeweler

Regions serviced: Washington DC

Follow Quinn's Goldsmith on

31 Reviews for Quinn's Goldsmith

Designer Engag. Rings (1)
Designer Wed. Bands (1)
Appraisal (1)
Cleaning (1)
Diamond Certif. (1)
Ring Sizing (1)
Warranties (1)

Superior service and quality!!

Profile Picture Wanda, 2/17/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Jewelry
Services Used: Appraisal, Cleaning, Diamond Certif., Ring Sizing, Warranties, Designer Engag. Rings, Designer Wed. Bands
1.0

Let me start by saying that if you want your engagement experience to be memorable, read this review, it will be worth your time.

I went to buy my engagement ring from Quinn's because my brother has bought his and had a good experience with them. I purchased a engagement ring in June 2015. I ordered a halo ring with a center diamond and accent diamonds on the sides. I can honestly say that the day I purchased the ring was the last positive day I would have with them. After I got the call that my ring was ready, went in to pick it up, the ring was not sized and the accent diamonds were not added. Second trip, the accent diamonds were added, but the ring was not sized. In addition, three sides of the ring had 6 diamonds and one side had seven (WHAT!?). I just had them leave the seventh diamond because there was already a hole where it was supposed to be. Third trip, they finally sized it from a size 7 to 4, which I now understand was a huge mistake by them, as now the integrity of the gold had been compromised. I gave her the ring, then a few weeks later, one of the side diamonds fell out as the gold had cracked. I called Quinns to see what they wanted to do. I ultimately had to take the ring back from my fiancée, which is not only totally embarrassing to me, but to her with her friends and family because they keep asking where it is. They agreed to remake the ring properly with the correct number of diamonds on the side. At this point I met with Terry, the owner. I was assured that I would be "well taken care of" should we purchase our wedding bands with them. I got the ring a few weeks later and everything was fine. Went back but were not well take care of.

I truly believe you are better off going to a big name jeweler like Zales. I was going to give them two stars because I did get the product and eventually it was perfect, but every time I get upset just thinking about Quinn's. They ruined my once in a lifetime experience, think twice.

Profile Picture Chad, 9/3/16, 2 Reviews
1.0

When I was visiting my parents from out-of-town, I decided to take my engagement ring and wedding band set to Quinn's for resizing because of their word-of-mouth reputation for great jewelry experiences. I could not have been more disappointed by their service and lack of compassion. Their goldsmith ruined my ring set. My fiance and I are now to the point where the rings are beyond repair and have to purchase a new mounting. My rings were sized down from a 7 to a 5 1/2 - the finished size was fine. My rings were yellow and white gold - the majority of the band was white gold with a yellow gold portion sautered onto either side of the diamonds for both the engagement ring and wedding band. Well, after the rings were resized, the goldsmith (per his words) gave the rings to someone else at the jewelry store to dip into rhodium. From what I understand this is a common practice to make the white gold shiny again. I would not have had a problem with this except they covered the yellow gold portions of my ring, turning them silver colored. When I picked up my rings from resizing, I immediately had to go to the airport for a flight back to FL, my home. It was a hectic week and I did not notice until I returned to FL what had happened to the yellow gold portion of the rings. Quinn's offered to have me ship them back to VA to be fixed; I was happy to hear their responsiveness. The woman I spoke to on the phone stated that she could even see in the pictures they took of my ring in their computer system that the rings were two-toned. Once the rings were back at their shop, I received a call from the goldsmith. He claimed my rings were gold-plated and if he took the rhodium off, they would still be all white gold and not two-toned anymore. I looked at the certificate for my rings - they were not gold-plated. My fiance called the jewelry store where we purchased the rings and they stated they do NOT sell gold-plated jewelry. I scanned the certificate and sent it to Quinn's; we told the goldsmith what the jewelers said and he still argued with us. I suspected he was simply going to place gold plating over the portions of the rings that were yellow gold and not even take the rhodium off (it can be buffed off). He assured me that he wasn't going to do this. However, once the rings made their way back to FL (btw, Quinn's shipped them back to me uninsured, even though I sent them insured), it was quite obvious that he put gold plating over the rhodium. The rings looked cheap and horrible. There are also portions of rhodium built up among the small diamonds around the solitaire. We took the ring to a jeweler here in FL and found out that the rings are now beyond repair and our only alternatives are to either purchase a new mounting or rings set altogether. Quinns has since refunded the money we paid for the resizing, but ultimately have ruined something that was supposed to be with me for my lifetime. So much for "master goldsmiths".

Profile Picture User1717992, 2+ years ago, 1 Review

220x220 sq 1400171957456 dsc226
220x220 sq 1400172034021 017
220x220 sq 1402426635015 0001

199 Union Street, P.O. Box 605, Occoquan, VA 22125   See On Map
703-494-1662 (phone) 703-490-8049 (fax)
Monday -Saturday 10am - 6:00pm Closed on Sundays, except for special events or sales.