31 Reviews for Quinn's Goldsmith

Designer Engag. Rings (1)
Designer Wed. Bands (1)
Appraisal (1)
Cleaning (1)
Diamond Certif. (1)
Ring Sizing (1)
Warranties (1)
29 Quinn's Goldsmith Reviews

Superior service and quality!!

Profile Picture Wanda, 2/17/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Jewelry
Services Used: Appraisal, Cleaning, Diamond Certif., Ring Sizing, Warranties, Designer Engag. Rings, Designer Wed. Bands
1.0

Let me start by saying that if you want your engagement experience to be memorable, read this review, it will be worth your time.

I went to buy my engagement ring from Quinn's because my brother has bought his and had a good experience with them. I purchased a engagement ring in June 2015. I ordered a halo ring with a center diamond and accent diamonds on the sides. I can honestly say that the day I purchased the ring was the last positive day I would have with them. After I got the call that my ring was ready, went in to pick it up, the ring was not sized and the accent diamonds were not added. Second trip, the accent diamonds were added, but the ring was not sized. In addition, three sides of the ring had 6 diamonds and one side had seven (WHAT!?). I just had them leave the seventh diamond because there was already a hole where it was supposed to be. Third trip, they finally sized it from a size 7 to 4, which I now understand was a huge mistake by them, as now the integrity of the gold had been compromised. I gave her the ring, then a few weeks later, one of the side diamonds fell out as the gold had cracked. I called Quinns to see what they wanted to do. I ultimately had to take the ring back from my fiancée, which is not only totally embarrassing to me, but to her with her friends and family because they keep asking where it is. They agreed to remake the ring properly with the correct number of diamonds on the side. At this point I met with Terry, the owner. I was assured that I would be "well taken care of" should we purchase our wedding bands with them. I got the ring a few weeks later and everything was fine. Went back but were not well take care of.

I truly believe you are better off going to a big name jeweler like Zales. I was going to give them two stars because I did get the product and eventually it was perfect, but every time I get upset just thinking about Quinn's. They ruined my once in a lifetime experience, think twice.

Profile Picture Chad, 9/3/16, 2 Reviews
1.0

When I was visiting my parents from out-of-town, I decided to take my engagement ring and wedding band set to Quinn's for resizing because of their word-of-mouth reputation for great jewelry experiences. I could not have been more disappointed by their service and lack of compassion. Their goldsmith ruined my ring set. My fiance and I are now to the point where the rings are beyond repair and have to purchase a new mounting. My rings were sized down from a 7 to a 5 1/2 - the finished size was fine. My rings were yellow and white gold - the majority of the band was white gold with a yellow gold portion sautered onto either side of the diamonds for both the engagement ring and wedding band. Well, after the rings were resized, the goldsmith (per his words) gave the rings to someone else at the jewelry store to dip into rhodium. From what I understand this is a common practice to make the white gold shiny again. I would not have had a problem with this except they covered the yellow gold portions of my ring, turning them silver colored. When I picked up my rings from resizing, I immediately had to go to the airport for a flight back to FL, my home. It was a hectic week and I did not notice until I returned to FL what had happened to the yellow gold portion of the rings. Quinn's offered to have me ship them back to VA to be fixed; I was happy to hear their responsiveness. The woman I spoke to on the phone stated that she could even see in the pictures they took of my ring in their computer system that the rings were two-toned. Once the rings were back at their shop, I received a call from the goldsmith. He claimed my rings were gold-plated and if he took the rhodium off, they would still be all white gold and not two-toned anymore. I looked at the certificate for my rings - they were not gold-plated. My fiance called the jewelry store where we purchased the rings and they stated they do NOT sell gold-plated jewelry. I scanned the certificate and sent it to Quinn's; we told the goldsmith what the jewelers said and he still argued with us. I suspected he was simply going to place gold plating over the portions of the rings that were yellow gold and not even take the rhodium off (it can be buffed off). He assured me that he wasn't going to do this. However, once the rings made their way back to FL (btw, Quinn's shipped them back to me uninsured, even though I sent them insured), it was quite obvious that he put gold plating over the rhodium. The rings looked cheap and horrible. There are also portions of rhodium built up among the small diamonds around the solitaire. We took the ring to a jeweler here in FL and found out that the rings are now beyond repair and our only alternatives are to either purchase a new mounting or rings set altogether. Quinns has since refunded the money we paid for the resizing, but ultimately have ruined something that was supposed to be with me for my lifetime. So much for "master goldsmiths".

Profile Picture User1717992, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

I loved my interactions with the owner, Mr. Quinn, and Keri, a sweet blond girl who helped me with my ring. There was another woman there (I don't remember her name) who was a little scatterbrained and not as professional as Keri, but that didn't ruin our experience overall. The rings we purchased (both wedding bands and my engagement ring) were beyond beautiful, and the staff at Quinn's were so careful and pleasant to deal with.
One tiny stone fell out of my band a week or so after my engagement, and I promptly took it back to them and they repaired it as quickly as possible for no additional charge. Thanks Quinn's!

Profile Picture User4930696, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

Quinn’s was recommended by a coworker of my finance’s as well as by the mom of a friend. My fiancé and I had gone to two other very popular area jewelers’ only to be very disappointed with both the selection and quality of service. The other jeweler’s did not present me with options based on what I had described and only brought rings that were out of budget. At Quinn’s Laura was able to help me identify what I wanted and even though they did not have it in the store she brought over the jeweler to explain to me how they could create it. The engagement ring turned out exactly how I imagined it and in few weeks my fiancé and I will be returning to Quinn’s to purchase our wedding bands.

Profile Picture Angela, 10/11/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

I had a custom wedding band made at Quinn's in Occoquan to fit around a vintage engagement ring that was my mother-in-law's. The band fits perfectly and looks amazing with my engagement ring! The whole process was very simple and fast as well. i just took my engagement ring in to the shop and the jeweler drew up a design and price quote right there. He also knocked off a couple hundred dollars from the price of the custom band because I had to wait (for a very short time) when I got there for an appointment. I also returned to Quinn's to buy my husband's wedding band, which also went seamlessly thanks to the educated customer associates in the shop. After buying our bands at Quinn's, they also sent us a gift card and a personal, handwritten note congratulating us on our engagement/marriage. I would definitely recommend Quinn's!

Profile Picture Paige, 1/4/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

We purchased my engagement ring and wedding band from Quinn's and the service was always exceptional!

Profile Picture Christina, 6/1/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

David and I would like to thank each of you who were involved in the best day of my life! Reza and Sydney were absolutely wonderful to David in helping with all of the details in planning a perfect engagement! The window display was simply amazing!!!! Quinn's was there for him every step of the way! In addition, everyone was extremely nice!!!! Thank you ALL for being such a special part of our engagement!

Cristen Hanner

Profile Picture User3281795, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews

Profile Picture User3281804, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

I brought the diamond my fiancé got in Hong Kong here and we picked out a setting. The final result is amazing! I love my ring! The staff was extremely friendly and even rushed to get my ring done early bc of my work constraints. Absolutely beautiful :-)

Profile Picture Janine, 7/6/12, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

My husband had my BEAUTIFUL custom engagement ring designed by Quinn's Goldsmith. He was originally turned onto them through a friend and was so glad he made the connection.

My ring is a STUNNING cushion cut center diamond surrounded by small pavet stones and a very thin band. It was everything I wanted! We ended up getting our wedding bands there as well. Mine was 2 thin bands of black diamonds to surround the engagement ring. GORGEOUS!!

I highly recommend Quinn's for their service, speed and detail.

Profile Picture Patricia, 4/23/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

We had nothing but good experiences at Quinn's. We can't rate them on "Flexibility" since we didn't have any requests/needs that put them to that test.

Profile Picture Gillian, 11/12/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

VJ was great working with my new husband on finding a band perfect for him. He listened to everything that he wanted and didn't want in his new ring. Not only did we buy a ring for him but a band for myself on a not-so typical engagement ring. A shock to us that there was a band that would even fit my engagement ring. Thanks to Quinn on making our special day even better!

Profile Picture Edana, 9/17/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

Quinn's did an amazing job on my engagement ring and our wedding bands. They have great service and we plan on buying many more items there!

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/21/11, 8 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

Quinn's Goldsmith is an amazing company to work with and I cannot begin to say enough good things about them. When my fiance proposed, he had originally bought my setting and diamond from a large nationally known company only to find out upon independent appraisal for insurance purposes that the ring appraised for about 50% of what he had paid for it less than 30 days earlier. Needless to say, we were extremely upset, since the large national company had failed to fully disclose all of the characteristics of the IGI certified diamond that made the value of the diamond plummet (while still charging the price of what a nearly perfect diamond is worth). As a result, we returned my diamond to the national company after they refused to return the price difference of what the diamond was truly worth. My fiance contacted Sydney at Quinn's Goldsmith to look into getting another diamond. However, my family was coming in from out of town within a few days of this occurrence and had yet to see my ring which both my finance and I were very disappointed about. When Sydney heard about this, she bent over backwards to find out the exact specs my fiance was looking for in a diamond and worked with the rest of Quinn's staff to overnight four diamonds from various locations just so that my fiance could come and see them in person (one of which Quinn's obtained an expedited certification on just so it could get to the store on the day my fiance was coming to look at diamonds). Once my fiance picked the diamond, they expedited mounting the diamond so that I could have the ring on my hand in time for my out-of-town family to see when they arrived- which meant more to me than they will ever know. The special thing about Quinn's is that they recognized the importance of this for me without my fiance or I ever having to tell them- they were the ones who offered to have it rectified in time for my family's arrival. For a turn-around time of approximately three days to help out customers that had been taken advantage of by another store speaks volumes regarding the character of Quinn's as a business. To find a store that goes so far out of their way for first time customers, I can only imagine the customer service they provide to those who are returning customers. Everyone we interacted with at Quinn's was professional, incredibly helpful, and a joy to work with. They kept us updated on the status of the diamond shipments and mounting over the 3 days they worked with us and as a result, made my finance's ring purchase a pleasant experience. We had never shopped at Quinn's before, but they have truly made lifelong customers of us. Although they do not carry the setting I specifically want for my wedding band, they have offered to custom make it or have the brand name setting special ordered for me. We will definitely be returning to purchase both of our bands from Quinn's. I highly recommend Quinn's for any jewelry purchases. They are wonderful to work with and truly put the customer first in a genuine way- a trait hard to find in today's retail businesses! A very special thank you to Quinn's (and especially Sydney) for taking a bad experience created by another company and turning it into a truly positive experience with an absolutely beautiful diamond to show for it!

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/1/10, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

Quinns was great for buying a ring. Syndey and Reza and all the staff were so helpful, friendly and easy to deal with. Great experience and I would recommend them to anyone. We will definitely head back there for our wedding bands.

Profile Picture G, 4/24/10, 3 Reviews
4.7

we ordered a necklace and earrings for the wedding attire. They arrived very quickly, along with a free gift. I would HIGHLY recommend this tiara.

Profile Picture Hope, 4/17/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

Quinn's was absolutely amazing. They help throughout the whole process and even sent us a wedding gift after our wedding date.

Profile Picture kristina, 8/22/09, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

We LOVE Quinn's!!! My husband bought my engagement ring and Wedding band here! We will always go to Quinn's first for our jelwery needs!

Profile Picture Molly, 7/11/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

To be frank, I went into the whole ring-buying process somewhat mortified. My fiance (at the time, girlfriend) not only openly shunned the idea of a diamond engagement ring, but implied she wanted a cushion cut aquamarine as her ring's focal point. This presented two problems, the first, and most evident of which was finding a suitable aquamarine engagement ring (that suited her simple tastes and her multiple criterion). I quickly realized that she needed to be part of the ring-making process, and decided to put the cart before the horse and purchased a simple yet elegant Tiffany's wedding band--with which I would propose. Post-proposal the second major problem (or question) became readily evident: who should make the ring? I had already gone to Quinn's to see if Terry might be willing to find me a deep blue cushion cut aquamarine (which, by happenstance, arrived the day after my proposal). The stone was (and is) gorgeous. After a considerable amount of deliberation, we decided that Reza should make her ring, and it was at this point that some of my cost-related fears began to boil to the surface. With the knowledge that I would soon be buying an engagement ring, I diligently filled my coffers. However, as a (relatively) freshly minted graduate who accumulated a significant amount of debt (in the form of student loans), I would be lying if I didn't say I was truly concerned about the price, especially in light of the fact that the ring was being custom made to match the ring with which I proposed. We met with Reza--deciding her ring would be a happy marriage of two different designer rings and incorporate elements from the ring with which I proposed--and Reza was extremely attuned to her concerns as well as mine. Reza was there throughout the entire process, fielding our concerns, asking for our input, and making sure we were present at every stage of the ring's development.

We picked the ring up two days ago, still somewhat unsure what the final product would look like (though we had some idea since we had seen its wax mold). What we were confronted with was a ring that not only met every one of our expectations but exceeded them. Reza not only realized (and captured) my fiance's vision, but went beyond it. I am glad that I went to Quinn's instead of purchasing a designer setting insofar as those those designer settings are no match to what Quinn's excellent ring designers are capable of producing. I am happy that I chose Quinn's, and I am forever indebted for Reza not only for the time and energy he put into our ring, but for his keen insight as well as his sensitivity to our various concerns. Though we are moving this summer, Quinn's is and will remain the only place I will ever go to have jewelry made!

Profile Picture Ryan, 5/22/09, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

I purchased my wedding ring from Quinn's. Jennifer helped us out and she was wonderful.

When we went to order the ring, there was a rainstorm and the store had lost power earlier. We managed to catch the manager/owner locking up. He opened back up for us, and called Jennifer in, and she was able to take care of us so that i could get the order in. The ring came in really fast. They were so nice to us! Also, the ring i bought i found at other stores, but their prices were much better, by around $300.00!

Profile Picture Jacquin, 10/26/08, 6 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

Quinn's was fantastic. Staff was very friendly and eager to answer any questions we had. Great selection, and friendly service lead me to recommend Quinn's Goldsmith to anyone and everyone!

Profile Picture Cynthia, 10/18/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

I highly recommend Quinn's Goldsmith. I first met Terry, the owner, at the bridal show in Chantilly. We worked with Terry to find my husband and my wedding ring. I was looking for a specific look, so Terry offered to customize the band within my budget. Terry was responsive and when he said he was going to call back, he called back. I believe he gave us a reasonable price. I plan to use him as our jeweler as long as we live in this area!

Profile Picture Mayumi, 9/20/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

The whole of Quinn's Goldsmith is amazing. The staff is helpful and professional, but in a way that also makes you feel like a friend. Terry Quinn himself is amazing and knowledgable, and does everything in his power to make his customers happy. I came in to get my wedding ring cleaned, and some stones were very loose. he was able to show me how the stones wiggled in the setting, which I'll admit made me a bit upset. He not only fixed the setting and secured the stones for me, he rhodium flashed the white gold of my ring to make it really shine. And he did this all only for the cost of the jeweler's time. A truly amazing place, and I will absolutely go back again and again.

Profile Picture User3556344, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

I had a copy of my grandmother's ring made. Hers is a thin hand-engraved band. The artist there made a perfect remake of the ring. I shall treasure it the rest of my life.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/5/08, 8 Reviews