6135 SW Erickson Ave, Beaverton, OR 97008 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 4

About Pianist

Passionate about setting the mood for events ranging from funerals to fiftieth anniversaries, from Bar Mitzvahs to birthdays.

mary ann kaza photo 3
phil at the old church steinway mar 201
mary ann kaza photo 3

• Videos 1

8 Reviews for Pianist

Alyssa · Married on 05/28/2016

Philip played at my ceremony site and I could not ask for a better pianist! He was so responsive to my emails and was very helpful brainstorming ideas for processional and recessional songs. He arrived at the church with plenty of time to spare and dressed so nice! I could hear him play while I was getting ready and I think it really set the mood as guests were being seated. Philip is very personable, kind, and enthusiastic. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a pianist for their big day, or any other special occasion!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Pianist's reply:

Alyssa, thanks so much for your review. It was a joy for me to participate in your wedding ceremony and help set the mood. Best wishes to the happy couple!

I highly recommend Philip Mandel. Philip had to coordinate with me (groom's sister who's out of state) and the bride. Everything was done over the phone and online, we had a wonderful experience with him. He plays piano beautifully and has a range of music from love songs to classical. He really wanted to make the event special and was super easy to work with. In addition, I felt he was responsive (usually same day and mostly immediately), professional (dressed well, showed up on time), accommodating to our needs, and felt the value of his services were worth it. And to exceed our expectation, it was so kind of him to give me and the bride a copy of his CD, and he sent an email after the wedding thanking us for being a part of my family's special event. I can't say enough good things about Philip!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Pianist's reply:

Krystal, I have YOU to thank for hiring me for your brother's wedding! I hope he appreciates what a sweet sis he has, that you took the time to look for a musician and then pay for him (me) yourself. And many thanks for your glowing review here on Wedding Wire!

Philip was great. Super responsive to our initial and followup emails, and worked with us to find a collection of songs we loved. Very professional (he was the best dressed of us all - not including the bride), and he was also very flexible when negotiating the amount of time that he would be playing.

Sent on 08/23/2015

Pianist FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Ceremony Music, Learn New Songs, Reception Music
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide? Instrumental - Solo
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3
  • What instruments does your group play? Piano
  • What services do you provide? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learn New Songs, Microphones, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Sample Performances

• Notes of Celebration
    Notes of Celebration Wedding Musicians

Philip Mandel, Mostly Classical Pianist is a wonderful addition to your wedding or event. Classy, fun and professional, Phil plays piano beautifully. Standards to jazz, classical to Broadway, Phil will bring a fun and engaging musical ambiance to your event, drawing rave reviews from both you and your guests!

• 6135 SW Erickson Ave Beaverton, 97008 See on map