Paula Varsalona

New York, NY View map

Paula Varsalona provides personalized fashion statements to brides of all body shapes and sizes in New York City. Internationally recognized for designing bridal apparel, Paula Varsalona founded her own bridal fashion house in New York City in 1975. Since then, more than 70,000 brides have worn Varsalona gowns on their big day. Varsalona gowns have also graced the red carpet and made numerous appearances in the media. Paula Varsalona takes prides in her attention to detail, quality and craftsmanship, adorning gowns with distinctive touches, such as hand-rolled organdy flowers, and imported alencon lace.

Products Offered
Paula Varsalona specializes in providing custom bridal gowns for any bride. Products offered include:

• Plus size dresses
  • Dresses for other members of your wedding party
  • Customization
  • Sample gowns
  • Veils
  • Accessories

What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?

$500 - $999
$1,000 - $2,499
$2,500 - $3,999
$4,000 - $6,499
$6,500 - $7,999
$8,000+

How do you price dress alterations?

Flat Fee

Who do you provide services for?

Bride
Bridesmaids
Flower Girls
Groomsmen
Mother of the Bride
Mother of the Groom

Which of the following services do you provide?

Alterations
Appointments Only
Cleaning
Full Customization
Preservation
Sample Sales
Trunk Shows

Which of the following items do you offer?

Bridal Belts
Jewelry
Plus Size Gowns
Sample Gowns
Veils

What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?

Less than 6 months

How often do you receive new bridal gowns?

Monthly
Seasonally

What is your return policy?

Final Sales

• Amanda
    Amanda L. Married on 05/01/2021

Custom During Covid!

With so many businesses risking closure I was hesitant to buy a custom made dress at all! I searched online, on foot, and in person...none compared to the service and treatment I received at Paula Varsalona NYC! I was excited to learn this designer was truly unique as she teaches as the Fashion Institute of Technology AND 100% American Made, (everything is handmade in her studio), WOW! The Designer herself, Paula, agreed to meet with me via ZOOM, a service she offered on her website, which by the way was awesome - tons of photos of dresses to look at including her custom design work, check out her CUSTOM TRADITIONS COLLECTION (it really feels like no two gowns are alike, and I LOVED that!) We discussed the process of having a dress custom made to my specifications , we even discussed incorporating elements of my grandmothers dress into my gown, this wasn't a problem at all for Paula, in fact she loved the idea! I came in for an in person consultation, we designed the perfect look for me! The staff was kind and accommodating, they sketched a preliminary design and I am not gonna lie, its not cheap, but the craftmanship is like NOTHING I have ever experienced, its well worth the splurge. Paula made sure my dress was perfect and that I was happy. I even brought my Mother and Aunt and they both decided to have gowns made for my wedding here too! They were also happy, especially that they actually felt beautiful in their gowns and since they were so well made they lasted the entire day, nothing shifted or slipped down when we danced. In the end I would highly recommend Paula Varsalona NYC if you want something no one else has and trust me they will make you look amazing! Thank you to Paula, Susan, Gena & Staff for as you said, The Varsalona Experience! It was absolutely a positive experience and I encourage others to consider NYC's hidden gem in Bridal and Special Occasion!
  • Catherine
    Catherine P. Married on 01/02/2020

Amazing Designer

Paula is a master at her craft. From the minute I met Paula she knew exactly what I wanted and how the gown should fall on my body-from design to color. Every fitting was a mastery of art. The details, the work the Paula put into making the dress is beyond words. I was the mother of the groom but I felt like the queen of the ball. Thank you Paula and a big shout out to Susan!!!

Paula Varsalona's reply:

A 5 star review from a 5 star client!! Thank you Catherine and Louis for your kind words and friendship! Your smiles speak for themselves. We enjoyed designing your one of a kind dress for such an important day. Congratulations on your growing family and best wishes for a happy future together! #VarsalonaExperience
  • Susan
    Susan S. Married on 09/22/2019

A Piece of Wearable Art!

Paula and her team of extraordinary professionals created a magnificent piece of art for me to wear to my son's wedding. They applied their creativity and incredible skill to my vision and suffice it to say they exceeded my expectations in every way! Strangers stopped to admire the dress, (not me, LOL) with more than one exclaiming that it was one of the most beautiful dresses they had even seen! I recommend Paula, Susan, Gena and the rest of the amazing Varsalona team wholeheartedly, and without reservation.

Susan S

Paula Varsalona's reply:

Mrs. Sangillo,
    Thank you for your kind words! Not only was it an honor to design this truly unique gown for your son’s wedding, but it was truly a pleasure getting to know YOU! We are so overjoyed that you embraced the #VarsalonaExperience and look forward to many opportunities for our team to work with you again!! Wishing you and your newly expanded family much love and happiness always!
    Auguri!
    Paula & Staff

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

552 7th Avenue Suite 602, 6th Floor New York, NY, 10018
Location of (Paula Varsalona)

Other vendors in New York City for your wedding