19266 Coastal Highway UNIT 11, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971 Map · Phone number

About Palate Bistro and Catering

We focus on serving those looking for healthy, delicious, locally sourced and reasonably priced menu options. Our cuisine is held to a high standard that satisfies your Palate with creative combinations featuring quality Delaware grown ingredients.

We work directly with local farms to craft Palate's menu based on the freshest seasonal ingredients.

Owners Lorraine and Gary are a husband and wife team that have been cooking professionally together for over 30 years.

Both are classically trained and innovative chefs, staying up to date with trends and have embraced new cooking styles throughout their careers.

After achieving successful careers and regional renown through their work as head chefs at The Buttery, Lorraine & Gary set out to build their own venture. It started with Essential Chef Catering and has culminated in the opening of Palate Bistro & Catering, where a lifetime of love and experience goes into every dish.

923f401c96f1a1ef 14316903 1779363399019477 7348254742032417666 n
Appetizer Station
Appetizer station
Appetizer station
Palate
Palate
Poolside
Cu[p Cakes by Lorraine
Spring Crudite
Inn at Canal Square
Inn at Canal Square
Palate
Palate
Beach House Wedding
Beach House Wedding

Palate Bistro and Catering 5
Palate Bistro and Catering 6
Palate Bistro and Catering 7

Marianne · Married on 07/14/2018

Lorraine, did absolutely the best catering for my daughter’s wedding . The food was fabulous, some of the best catered food I’ve ever eaten, it was displayed and served beautifully. There was so much food; no one could complain about the excellence, quality and quantity of the food. There was something wonderful to eat no matter what your taste . The vegetable dishes were all seasonal and super fresh.
    Working with Lorraine at Palate was a delight, she had great suggestions for the food and followed through with delicious food.
    When I entertain again I’ll call Palate, the food doesn’t get much better.

Sent on 08/06/2018

Susan · Married on 06/02/2018

My husband and I were married June 2018, down in lower Delaware. We finally decided on our wedding date in March 2018...yes 3 months before the bid day! Lorraine Papp, the owner of Palate restaurant, was highly recommended to me so I called her thinking I was probably too late to have her cater my wedding. As I was speaking to Lorraine, I immediately wanted to hire her. She was so warm, friendly, and very accommodating. Not only did she make herself available, she knew the vendors I would need to call/hire in order to pull off our event with such short notice...and she called them for me. By the end of the week, I had Palate as my caterer with a bartender, and multiple staff to assist, a wonderful menu, I had the tent, chairs, beautiful handmade farm tables, all provided by BK Party Rentals, plus various other details planned. Lorraine knew all the local vendors and really helped me reserve their services before it was really too late.

Lorraine created a fabulous menu for our special day which included fresh, local, seasonal dishes, and they were beautifully displayed. EVERYONE at the wedding absolutely LOVED every dish served and went back for seconds and even thirds. Lorraine served the food on these beautiful recycled palm leaf plates which really buttoned up the whole wedding theme. I also had so many compliments on how friendly and knowledgeable the staff and bartenders were to my guests.

Lorraine and her staff were so easy to work with, I just can't say enough positive statements about my experience with them. I am truly Thankful for her help and kindness during what could have been a very stressful time. Our wedding happened seamlessly and we are truly grateful for all Palate has done for us.

So we are highly highly recommending Palate!!! You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Ann · Married on 09/08/2017

Palate in the past year have catered several events for us. A bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, and my 60th surprise party. The food and service are always wonderful and so easy. The number of people wether over a hundred to 15 the food is elegant and delicious.

Sent on 07/14/2018

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service? $ 60.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service? $ 55.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations? $ 50.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres? $ 18.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your full service wedding catering? Delivery, Clean Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 20.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? House Wine, House Liquor
  • What event services do you provide? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide? Breakfast / Brunch, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? American, Asian, Cajun, French, Greek, Italian, Local, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Seafood, Southern
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? Liquor License, Bartender(s), Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Champagne Toast, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink

• 19266 Coastal Highway UNIT 11, UNIT 11 Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, 19971 See on map